Media Stephen Thompson on Colby getting a rematch w/ Usman: "Why?! The guy got his jaw broken"

Why? Cause Burns beat your ass BOY, had you beat Burns like you said you would, you might have been able to have another shot.

Unfortunately your chances of getting another shot are gone.

Don't have anything since sherbros gave so many good answers before me.
I don't understand why so many people are against that fight. Wasn't the 1st one fun?

Alot of people think Colby took an easy route to rematch. Beat a faded Woodley than just basically sat out, refused to fight any top 5 (they all called him out)

but yea its a good fight and Colby has a decent chance at winning it

Alot of people think Colby took an easy route to rematch. Beat a faded Woodley than just basically sat out, refused to fight any top 5 (they all called him out)

but yea its a good fight and Colby has a decent chance at winning it
I don't disagree, but we've seen worse. I just want to see fun fight. Didn't Couture beat MVA for a rematch? GSP beat who? I don't remember, but it wasn't impressive.

Because the first fight was 1 of the 5 best WW title fights ever, and because you lost to Burns after Leon barely survived vs Nate.

Usman by ko/tko round 3
You can't believe the UFC was going to give Wonderboy the shot even if he won against Burns.

I would have to disagree on the fight being one of the 5 best. Although I did enjoy watching Colby get smashed and broken.

'The guy is almost 40. Who’s had more title shots than Wonderboy? He’s on a two-fight winning streak. He beat a guy from Outback steak house (Geoff Neal) and then he beats some other jobber (Vicente Luque) and now he thinks he gets a title shot. Bro, you had like two or three title shots, more title shots than anybody in the division. Sit down, kid. And stop identifying as Wonderboy. You’re not a boy, you are a 40-year-old man and you drive kids around in a Karate truck,”--- Covington.

Wonderboy is trying to clap back and failing
Its not so bad reading it since its not filtered through his cringe existence.

WB is right but the faster Usman makes easy work of Colby again then the faster Colby can fuck off in to irrelevancy win-win

He beat the fuck out of Woodley, something Wonderboy can't say
So did Vicente Luque, finished him way earlier too. Luque is on a longer win streak than Colby as well and has history with Kamaru Usman as a training partner.

Damn, did I just convince myself Luque deserves a title shot?

At least Wonderboy is willing to fight other legitimate contenders unlike Colby who has a sat on a win over the ghost of Woodley for a year.
Well you can see why since it backfired for Wonderboy.

Honestly I think the wins over Luque and Neal were already better than what Colby has done lately and should've got Wonderboy the title shot.

Agree its pointless fight and colby has done fuck all for a rematch.

Why? Because Colby was less than a minute away from winning that decision. I dont think there is a more dangerous fight for Usman than Colby. We need this rematch.
I hate this argument. He wasn’t. Tied going into the 5th. Then easily a 10-9 round maybe even 10-8 with all the knockdowns. Then he was finished. He wasn’t a minute away from anything other than a loss

I’m having a hard time thinking of 3 better fights in UFC history. That was hell of a show man. That’s what I tell people to watch when they ask why I like UFC that and Rory McDonald vs Robbie Lawler.

Colby was not a minute away from winning that fight as reasonably Kamaru was winning the 5th and that knockdown down definitely won it for him outside of the stoppage. The judge who had it for Colby? Sal fucking D'Amato.
ELz-wIBX0AAiReT
Thank you, I'm tired of hearing this weird lie that isn't based on reality that,"Colby was winning!" Or, "was a minute away from winning!"

When not only our eyes saw otherwise, but the judges scorecard factually proves that narrative false.

Edit: I'm not surprised a lot of Sherdogger have the judging ability of Sal D'Amato.<45>

So did Vicente Luque, finished him way earlier too. Luque is on a longer win streak than Colby as well and has history with Kamaru Usman as a training partner.

Damn, did I just convince myself Luque deserves a title shot?
Obviously the more the guy losses the less value he have left, Woodley was damaged goods by the time Luque got him, Colby on the other hand beat him when he was ranked #5 and only lost to the guys that just fought for the belt.

Also Luque never gave hell to a guy in the level of Usman like Colby did.

Wonderboy better get a fresh coat of paint on his dojo while he still gets his UFC allowance.

One of the most likable UFC fighters, but he just can't get over the hump.

Colby was not a minute away from winning that fight as reasonably Kamaru was winning the 5th and that knockdown down definitely won it for him outside of the stoppage. The judge who had it for Colby? Sal fucking D'Amato.
ELz-wIBX0AAiReT
Did you agree with Cleary up to the conclusion of the 4th round? If anything I actually agreed with Colon and had it 2 a piece. Usman was winning the 5th but it was v competitive. And yes for the record D'Amato must have friends in high places, or really good info on some higher ups that he is using to blackmail people to keep his job because he should have been shitcanned years ago.

Back