Media Stephen Thompson on Colby getting a rematch w/ Usman: "Why?! The guy got his jaw broken"

colby was winning rounds and made kamarudeen desperate which no opponent succeed,unlucky freak injury which didn`t stop colby from winning the round
,early stoppage as well
LMAO, a fucking punch breaking a jaw is now, "unlucky freak injury"

{<jordan}

Random Sherdogger's stupidity never ceases to amaze me sometimes.

<{MingNope}>

Don't have anything since sherbros gave so many good answers before me.
I don't understand why so many people are against that fight. Wasn't the 1st one fun?
I think those fans are in the minority

I don't disagree, but we've seen worse. I just want to see fun fight. Didn't Couture beat MVA for a rematch? GSP beat who? I don't remember, but it wasn't impressive.
GSP literally beat everyone? And has the highest ranked opponent average compared to every other GoAT?

Holy shit people are being straight up willfully dumb in this thread.

Edit: yeah, I'm leaving this thread before my IQ drops reading some of these posts, lmfao.

How is this not understandable? The score cards were close and the fight was super competitive. This was barely a step below Robbie/Rory.

Wonderboy is right. Leon deserves the shot over Colby. Wonderboy deserved it as well with the two wins and Luque also deserves it over Colby. Colby will get finished faster this time. Pointless fight, tbh. And the worst part is, after Usman finishes him again faster, all the Usman haters will say "another recycled opponent he already beat" and give him no credit for beating him again. The only bright side is that I will make bank betting on the inside the distance/under.

I’ll tell ya

tenor.gif

Is this supposed to be an insinuation that Colby is some sort of PPV draw. I ain't buying that boring ass fucker's PPVs.

Thank you, I'm tired of hearing this weird lie that isn't based on reality that,"Colby was winning!" Or, "was a minute away from winning!"

When not only our eyes saw otherwise, but the judges scorecard factually proves that narrative false.

Edit: I'm not surprised a lot of Sherdogger have the judging ability of Sal D'Amato.<45>
That argument also conveniently ignores 2 major facts

1- he lost the 5th and final. 10-9 and arguably a 10-8

2- he got finished in the round. Fair and square. Not a Conor ankle breaking finish. A legit knockdown, swarmed, not defending himself finish

Because the first fight was 1 of the 5 best WW title fights ever, and because you lost to Burns after Leon barely survived vs Nate.

Usman by ko/tko round 3
You sure? Robbie has 4 of those spots, so that would mean Usman/Colby is the best non-Robbie title fight in the division's history. It was fun and sloppy striking match. But to each their own

Did you agree with Cleary up to the conclusion of the 4th round? If anything I actually agreed with Colon and had it 2 a piece. Usman was winning the 5th but it was v competitive. And yes for the record D'Amato must have friends in high places, or really good info on some higher ups that he is using to blackmail people to keep his job because he should have been shitcanned years ago.
Yeah I think I had 2 a piece going into 5th if I was being fair, felt Usman started coming on strong in 3 but need to rewatch for a more true take at this point but no way Colby was just running away with just needing to survive the 5th.

I am actually fine with the fight being made, wish Colby had been more active, or wish it had been booked sooner so Leon could get going after WB loss but I'm not about rewriting history like our cohort I quoted or the idiot I finally just put on ignore, lol.

You can't believe the UFC was going to give Wonderboy the shot even if he won against Burns.

I would have to disagree on the fight being one of the 5 best. Although I did enjoy watching Colby get smashed and broken.
I've never seen Mike Van Arsdale called MVA. I like it.

Obviously the more the guy losses the less value he have left, Woodley was damaged goods by the time Luque got him, Colby on the other hand beat him when he was ranked #5 and only lost to the guys that just fought for the belt.

Also Luque never gave hell to a guy in the level of Usman like Colby did.
By the time Colby fought Woodley the latter had lost ten rounds in a row, he was already shot come now. Luque has won three fights in a row compared to Colby's one and Colby lost to Marty not that long ago anyway. Stale match up, I prefer to see fresh blood challenging for the title. We're already coming off another rematch and undeserved title shot with the 2nd Masvidal fight.

Should've been against the winner of Chiesa VS Luque but that would have took too long for Usman who seems to enjoy staying active
Then just give Edwards his title shot, he deserves it more than Colby.

Thompson isn't taking into account that the majority of us just might want to see Colby's jaw broken once again.

I would have liked to see WB vs Usman, but whose fault is it that that’s not happening

Why? Because Colby was less than a minute away from winning that decision. I dont think there is a more dangerous fight for Usman than Colby. We need this rematch.
I’m rooting for Colby hard in this one but he was actually not a minute away from winning that fight. He was actually a minute away from losing that fight before he was finished. On only one judges scorecards out of the three had it tied going into the 5th. Usman was up on the other two scorecards.

it was 2:2 going to the 5th. If white snoozeman goes for the takedowns more, the black snoozeman will not throw powerful strikes,

Back