Media Stephen Thompson on Colby getting a rematch w/ Usman: "Why?! The guy got his jaw broken"

Sure buddy sure, whatever you said.

If you can't understand why I said you are a shill lets leave it there for your own good.
OK so you have no idea how to logically justify what you said. You sound like a bitchy woman "If you don't know why I am mad I am not going to tell you!!!"

Throw out some more buzzwords. You already used triggered but you boyfriend Colby has lots of good ones like Virgin, Incel, Nerd etc. At the end of the day you are parroting shit you heard or saw on Twitter. Go get an original thought and come back when you have something of substance to say.

Did Stephen watch the whole fight or just the part where Colby’s jaw broke?

If you watched the whole fight, that’s why Colby gets another shot.

Ya goof!

poor wondercuck. maybe work on your takedown defense instead of running your mouth

Colby was not a minute away from winning that fight as reasonably Kamaru was winning the 5th and that knockdown down definitely won it for him outside of the stoppage. The judge who had it for Colby? Sal fucking D'Amato.
ELz-wIBX0AAiReT
King of shit scorecards, Sal D'Amato

Matt Brown just won a fight and Wonderboy just got tooled up. I would love to see a rematch. Would be a banger.

He's not lol and I say that as a guy who hates Colby. He was winning going into the 5th
It was even going into the 5th. And even if he was up and somehow didn't get finished after another minute of getting wailed on, he would have lost that round 10-8 making it a draw at absolute worse.

Why? Because Colby was less than a minute away from winning that decision. I dont think there is a more dangerous fight for Usman than Colby. We need this rematch.

Let it go Sal, he was not winning that fight. Now go get your eyes checked.

kamaru-usman-colby-covington-ufc-245-scorecard-1.jpg

Edwards should rightfully be fighting for the title

Edwards' winsstreak is overrated and therefore he is too high in the rankings. We should not consider his wins as real wins, but more as draws. Neutralizing or being slightly ahead by small margin difference should never be rewarded with a win.

Is Wonderboy ignoring the fact that the fight was close as fuck and Colby was possible up at that point going into the last round? Also it was an early stoppage. Maybe they will let the fighters just fight on the UFC shit video game instead of actually fighting. You know, because of fighter safety.

Let it go Sal, he was not winning that fight. Now go get your eyes checked.

kamaru-usman-colby-covington-ufc-245-scorecard-1.jpg

So basically it was anybody's fight going into the 5th. And from what I just saw from rewatching the 5th round, Colby was still pushing the action in the 5th with a broken jaw. He got clipped semi hard (granted his jaw was broken) with 1:43 left but prior to that its hard to see how Usman was winning that 5th round.... Cleary 3-1 Usman, D'amato - 3 - 1 for Covington, and 2-2 from Eric Colon.... So who cant read/count.. you or I?

I know Colby's shit-talking is beyond awful, but what the hell is a karate truck? I know it has to be an attempt at an insult coming from him. But I don't get it at all.

Edwards not finishing Diaz is why he shouldn't get a title fight? He has been stopped 3 times in 33 fights. One sub in 2006, a cut stoppage against Masvidal and a KO from Josh Thompson. Every time Nate is booked all they talk about is how durable he is and hard to finish. So Leon is supposed to blow his wad trying to finish a guy so he can get finished? That's silly.

He dominated Diaz and he pushed thru when he got clipped with a good shot. If that had happened in the first and not the fifth then he is a hero for coming back. Diaz got utterly dominated and the narrative he wins that fight in the street is BS. He wants to apply "Unlimited Time" to the 5th round so he could finish but he got 4 previous stoppages when he was getting smashed. Saved by the bell 4 times but complains that the 5th bell cost him a win???? WTF.

You're right. But the UFC is about as close to a meritocracy as the rest of the world. He fought well, better, and safe. He should absolutely be fighting for the belt and what I meant by the Diaz fight being his ticket the title is that it is an easy fight for him as the far better fighter at this point, but one that lacks a following outside of hardcore fans. If they want to put on BIG events, then they (The UFC) will book fights that spark excitement.

His beating Diaz was a great performance. But ultimately largely forgettable to most apart from the part where he got clipped. I don't believe he did enough to spark that interest in a large number of fans. The most common reaction to the fight tends to support that.

Because the first fight was 1 of the 5 best WW title fights ever, and because you lost to Burns after Leon barely survived vs Nate.

Usman by ko/tko round 3
Good fights doesn’t mean instant rematch especially when the ending was so difinitive. While the rounds were close there was a massive difference in accumulated damage. Not to mention usman striking was rudimentary at the time compared to what it is now. I’m much more interested seeing Colby and usman test themselves against other top 5ers.

***Certainly is a competitive fight and expected fight.****

Some people for be haters or protectors of your fighters
are intellectually dishonest.

That's the point here....

You're right. But the UFC is about as close to a meritocracy as the rest of the world. He fought well, better, and safe. He should absolutely be fighting for the belt and what I meant by the Diaz fight being his ticket the title is that it is an easy fight for him as the far better fighter at this point, but one that lacks a following outside of hardcore fans. If they want to put on BIG events, then they (The UFC) will book fights that spark excitement.

His beating Diaz was a great performance. But ultimately largely forgettable to most apart from the part where he got clipped. I don't believe he did enough to spark that interest in a large number of fans. The most common reaction to the fight tends to support that.
I understand looking at it that way from the UFC has to make money narrative. Problem is that the UFC name value of being the "Best MMA Fighters" in the world is devalued when they constantly defer to short term interests and ignore long term interests. Other leagues give a bit of special treatment to their stars or top franchises but they don't outright ignore their franchises that win. Does Lebron get all the calls in the NBA? Yes he does. Does the NBA ideally want a NY vs LA final? Yes but when a franchise wins the games they play in the finals.

Leon won the fights. Problem is the UFC never announces official number one contender fights anymore. They want to be a legit sports league and also a promotional company when it suits them.

Back