Media Stephen Thompson on Colby getting a rematch w/ Usman: "Why?! The guy got his jaw broken"

Purely for the entertainment value. Edwards should rightfully be fighting for the title, but he just had a pretty disappointing performance against Diaz which was supposed to be his showcase fight, and Colby's fight with Usman was much more competitive and entertaining than Usman/Edwards.

'The guy is almost 40. Who’s had more title shots than Wonderboy? He’s on a two-fight winning streak. He beat a guy from Outback steak house (Geoff Neal) and then he beats some other jobber (Vicente Luque) and now he thinks he gets a title shot. Bro, you had like two or three title shots, more title shots than anybody in the division. Sit down, kid. And stop identifying as Wonderboy. You’re not a boy, you are a 40-year-old man and you drive kids around in a Karate truck,”--- Covington.

Before he lost another stinker

Wonderboy is trying to clap back and failing

Last edited:
I’ll tell ya

tenor.gif

I mean he's technically not wrong but weird timing him piping up after a loss. I think if Leon had finished Nate he would have gotten the shot instead, hell even with an impressive win he likely would have got the next crack at Usman but he just ended up surviving.

Because it makes more sense? Colby is still Usmans hardest fight currently....Leon could win...but it would be by a quiet decision. Usman vs Colby 1 was a classic scrap, I looked forward to #2.

Don't have anything since sherbros gave so many good answers before me.
I don't understand why so many people are against that fight. Wasn't the 1st one fun?
Yep, certainly Usman's most competitive one in recent memory too. It's also a fight where I don't mind who wins, if Colby does it opens up the division to other interesting match ups, if Usman does we get to see the memes of Colby likely ko'd again. Give Edwards the winner and go from there.

'The guy is almost 40. Who’s had more title shots than Wonderboy? He’s on a two-fight winning streak. He beat a guy from Outback steak house (Geoff Neal) and then he beats some other jobber (Vicente Luque) and now he thinks he gets a title shot. Bro, you had like two or three title shots, more title shots than anybody in the division. Sit down, kid. And stop identifying as Wonderboy. You’re not a boy, you are a 40-year-old man and you drive kids around in a Karate truck,”--- Covington.

Wonderboy is trying to clap back and failing
At least Wonderboy is willing to fight other legitimate contenders unlike Colby who has a sat on a win over the ghost of Woodley for a year.

Why? Because Colby was less than a minute away from winning that decision. I dont think there is a more dangerous fight for Usman than Colby. We need this rematch.
Colby was not a minute away from winning that fight as reasonably Kamaru was winning the 5th and that knockdown down definitely won it for him outside of the stoppage. The judge who had it for Colby? Sal fucking D'Amato.
ELz-wIBX0AAiReT

Wonderboy got out wrestled by a juiced up 155er. Usman would just take him down and hold him there.

Back