Stephen A Smith deserves praise for standing his ground and exposing Rogan’s shilling.

What?

Stephen Smith is the kind of clown that thinks talking over someone means you’re right. He’ll throw his opinion in even when it’s clear he has no clue what he’s talking about.

No, I think the reverse here. Joe Rogan deserves praise for calling out Stephen Smith on the dumb shit he’s always saying.

And Gus Johnson still stands as my least favourite MMA commentator/pundit. Ever. SAS has nothing on ol' Gus Gus.

He should be given more credit for exposing Rogan’s height (or lack of it). Rogan’s claim of being a manlet may not be true. Compared to Stephen A Smith, evidence points to Rogan actually being a “midglet”, which is a condition where the patient’s height is stuck between manletism and midgetry.

A tumbleweed of truth in an otherwise barren landscape of UFC schillery

Sas > rogan
No clue how ppl watch or listen to the stupid idiot rogans podcast.

Sas has no obligation to kiss danas or the ufcs ass like rogan.
Sas makes millions by disney to tell it like it is and give his opinion. He has more pull than rogan.

stephen-gif.717873
giphy.gif

Lmao @ the hypocrites here saying, “Stephen A. doesn’t know anything about MMA! He shouldn’t be talking about it!”

and then saying, “Stephen A. is the worst sports commentator!”

which that statement makes them complete hypocrites, considering Stephen A. is considered GOAT sports analyst and one of the most accomplished. He’s literally the most popular analyst for ESPN for the past 10-15 years. No, Stephen A. doesn’t spew bullshit. In order to get the top of his industry, one must have the most recent and FACTUAL information on the sport/athlete he or she is covering, all or else, it wouldn’t be SPORTS NEWS. Yes there may be a bit of “shock jock” or outlandish statements made by some analysts or journalists in order to create attention/controversy/buzz etc. but I could tell you first hand Stephen A. is one of analysts who does that the LEAST, and maybe HARDLY AT ALL.

do you idiots know anything about sports journalism? Cause it doesn’t seem as if you do.

You sherdoggers obviously don’t know anything about sports journalists or analysts, nor have you ever been a sports journalist, so you can’t have an opinion on anybody who is or has been.

SAS talking at the desk post fight was awful. He obviously was unfamiliar with Cerrone's CV. "He's never been on a PPV."
Undoubtedly, Cowboy did not perform well. Undeniably, he has a history of falling short on the biggest occasions. But, he HAS been in big fights. And he has won against all but champion-level competition. (except for Diaz. Nate will never be championship level)
cerrone should have retired a few losses ago

Honestly mma fans are an embarrassment in how they critique the character of fighters in the cage. And that’s what Stephen A did here too. He, like most fans, are not equipped to make such evaluations.

You can say someone got dominated, or fought a bad fight. But too often people question character of these guys.
why should mma get special treatment while boxing doesnt

What?

Stephen Smith is the kind of clown that thinks talking over someone means you’re right. He’ll throw his opinion in even when it’s clear he has no clue what he’s talking about.

No, I think the reverse here. Joe Rogan deserves praise for calling out Stephen Smith on the dumb shit he’s always saying.
Does Rogan deserve praise for calling Cris Cyborg a man?

Sas has no obligation to kiss danas or the ufcs ass like rogan.
Sas makes millions by disney to tell it like it is and give his opinion. He has more pull than rogan.
rogan cant even invite his hero to his own podcast because of dana

UFC is becoming like NFL
nfl islike ultimate team sport toughest sport in the world best athletes and blah blah blah.
now ufc same toughestv sport man sport ultimate sport blah blah blah

doesnt matter if smith had an amateur record in tae kwon do, boxercise or not he was obnoxiously accurate

SAS is a breath of fresh air in the world of UFC shilling commentators and analysts. He saw through the shilling narrative that Rogan was telling, and instead chose to tell it exactly how it really was.

hilarious how people are claiming his opinion isn’t genuine because his bread and butter is covering basketball. As if that’s relevant to disagreeing with a crappy narrative Rogan was pushing to hype Conor.

hespect to Stephen A Smith for further exposing rogan’s shilling and triggering biased mma fanboys. Hopefully he continues to get airtime for UFC events.

View attachment 718025 View attachment 718027

The more I thought about the situation and heard both sides the more I agree with Stephen A. I understand where Rogan and others were coming from, this isn't a sport that drives a narrative like football or basketball, martial arts has always been about respect. However, I thought it was hilarious that Conor, who is one of the most disrespectful fighters in the game, tried preaching respect and wanting an apology from Donald but it was probably because he felt insulted by Stephen's comments as if they were almost discrediting his win, which in a way he did.

I think the point that Stephen A. was missing tho was that in MMA a quick finish isn't usually a fluke. Sometimes it is, but the dominant fashion in which Conor won left NO stone unturned. Immediately shattered Donald's face with some unorthodox shoulder strikes, then blocked a headkick and returned one of his own that smashed Donald across the chin. There was no throwing that, it was a legit TKO. So while I think it's interesting to have an analyst like Stephen A. around, I don't think that it will hold up well with the fighters. Don't expect him or Kellerman to get any love from the MMA world.

The more I thought about the situation and heard both sides the more I agree with Stephen A. I understand where Rogan and others were coming from, this isn't a sport that drives a narrative like football or basketball, martial arts has always been about respect.
like back in the day when the gracies would show up to a dojo and challenge the instructors in order to take their students

I think the point that Stephen A. was missing tho was that in MMA a quick finish isn't usually a fluke. Sometimes it is, but the dominant fashion in which Conor won left NO stone unturned. Immediately shattered Donald's face with some unorthodox shoulder strikes, then blocked a headkick and returned one of his own that smashed Donald across the chin. There was no throwing that, it was a legit TKO. So while I think it's interesting to have an analyst like Stephen A. around, I don't think that it will hold up well with the fighters. Don't expect him or Kellerman to get any love from the MMA world.
cerrone was a glorified gimme fight

Lol most of you guys are just siding with him because you don’t like Conor.

Back