Stefan Struve vs Jon Jones- who would win?

By close range, are you talking about when he was leaning up against Glover (who had a fucked up shoulder) for the majority of every round? I'm not talking about wall 'n stall here, I'm talking about striking.

Did you see the part in the fight where McCarthy told Jones to stop using his fingers and Glover pounced on him in a second? Jones got hit several times and backed up against the cage lost as fuck. I'd find the gif, but I don't feel like it. If he can't use his fingers, he's clueless.

Plus, his kick are nothing. No power on any of them. They are all either for keeping the distance or scoring points or both.

Agreed sir

By close range, are you talking about when he was leaning up against Glover (who had a fucked up shoulder) for the majority of every round? I'm not talking about wall 'n stall here, I'm talking about striking.

Did you see the part in the fight where McCarthy told Jones to stop using his fingers and Glover pounced on him in a second? Jones got hit several times and backed up against the cage lost as fuck. I'd find the gif, but I don't feel like it. If he can't use his fingers, he's clueless.

Plus, his kick are nothing. No power on any of them. They are all either for keeping the distance or scoring points or both.

Fact: Jones has outstruck every single opponent he's faced. That's a fact.

Deal with facts when you stop hating.

Style wise this is an awful fight for Jones due to how he normally fights with that saidd struve isn't all that great and Jones would likely piece it together in win.

Fact: Jones has outstruck every single opponent he's faced. That's a fact.

Deal with facts when you stop hating.

Not fact since Gustafsson made him look like a rookie. How the fuck is that fact when Gustafsson lit his ass up every single round with the exception of the fifth? Was that fight too painful for you to watch so you just blocked it out? Selective memory is a thing, you know.

Besides, he may have out-struck most fighters, but he didn't out-strike Machida. He caught Machida after he had cut him, but didn't beat him in the striking department. It was quite the opposite, actually. Jones sprung for a takedown because he was getting tagged repeatedly.

Here's a fact: Every person Jones has out-struck was much smaller than him, with the exception of Vera, Machida, and O'Brian. But, he took Vera down almost straight away, so there wasn't even striking to be had in that fight. He can't out-strike someone his size or bigger.

Lmao,

I like Stefan, but Jones Hellbows wins this match up

Good god people need to stop hating on Jones and accept he's the best striker at 205 and stop being butthurt over Gustaffson losing

Jones destroys Struve

Struve would bleed so much the second Jones' elbows touch him.

Pokes via keeping it standing, Struve fights like a stocky Armenian called "Manny"

Umm did you not watch the Gustafson fight he almost beat jones and that's the only person he's ever fought with equal length. That's the only reason he's so successful.

Yah, it's just Gus' reach that made it that way, not all of his other skills and qualities. Good god, some people are just so fucking stupid and disrespectful.

Not fact since Gustafsson made him look like a rookie. How the fuck is that fact when Gustafsson lit his ass up every single round with the exception of the fifth? Was that fight too painful for you to watch so you just blocked it out? Selective memory is a thing, you know.

You seem to not quite get the concept of "fact".

What is fact is: Jones-Gus was a striking match, which Jones won. On three judges scorecards, and on 12 outta 13 media outlets scorecards.

Those are facts.

You're entitled to your oppinion, obviously, but it's oppinion, not fact.

You seem to not quite get the concept of "fact".

What is fact is: Jones-Gus was a striking match, which Jones won. On three judges scorecards, and on 12 outta 13 media outlets scorecards.

Those are facts.

You're entitled to your oppinion, obviously, but it's oppinion, not fact.

But your initial "fact" is what was wrong. Yet, you tell me I don't know what a fact is? I'm not saying who I thought won the fight, because it is irrelevant. What is relevant, however, is Gustafsson out-struck Jones.

I think you need to read up on the definition of fact.

jones will lose his ability to dominate smaller opponents at HW. he would struggle.

Cormier will demonstrate why Jones would be decimated at HW by any top 5 fighter today.

yeah you clearly have not seen any of Jones fights.

Hes by far the best striker at LHW. He dropped Vitor with a kick, made Shogun submit to get punched and kicked.

You want to get an understanding of diverse striking, watch Jones vs Shogun.

Youll be educated on the matter after that

Jones is a MUCH better striker than Struve. He could easily figure out a way to apply the hand-and-elbow fighting (e.g. cover hands with own hands, step in to range) he displayed against Glover, because hand-fighting is, in fact, one of the best ways to out-strike a taller opponent. He is also a far superior wrestler and kicker. Struve doesn't deserve to be in the same cage as him.

Do you all really think Jones's reach is all that allows him to have success on the feet?!?!?! :eek:

While I agree that Jones would outstrike Struve ... that hand fighting thing has to be BS.

The reason his hand fighting works is because while he is grabbing your hands, his elbow can reach his opponent while his opponent's elbow can't reach him.

It was the big mistake Rashad made in their fight when he gripped Jones' hand.

Against Struve ... it shouldn't be as effective because they have the same reach.

PS .. few people actually believe Jones ONLY wins due to his size. As dumb as they are is as dumb as people who thinks his size doesn't play a factor in his dominance though. .... Jones doesn't win ONLY because of his reach but it does play a factor. Just like Hendo's chin plays a factor, just like Mighty Mouse's speed plays a factor ... There is no denying that unless you are a fool.

Back