Stefan Struve vs Jon Jones- who would win?

This is the worst troll job of the hour IMO.

Your opinion is dog shit. I've been on this site since 2006 and you can peruse my post history if you so choose. I am far from a troll.

Posts like this one that you've made here and good for nothing.

People will flame, but Struve would probably win. He's too tall for Jones to use his reach and couldn't succeed in the striking department.

His only chance is to take Struve down, but Struve is much bigger. Not only would it be hard to get him down, but his long legs and jiu jitsu game is good.

Struve wins.

No one, with the possible exception of George Roop, is worse at using his reach than Stefan Struve.

Do you all really think Jones's reach is all that allows him to have success on the feet?!?!?! :eek:

Umm, yes...yes I do.

Its pretty obvious by now. His striking is so overrated its laughable.

Struve wins.

lets make one thing clear . jones will beat any h/w today besides cain , jds and possible cormier

Are we talking about the same Strive?

He's terrible at using his reach, Nelson and Hunto are both about 12 inch shorter with a similar reach advantage and had no problems landing on Struve.

As much as i dislike Nelson, he is 10000x better than Jones with his hands. Obviously, the same could be said about Hunt. Jones' striking, especially his hands, is overrated as fuck.

No one, with the possible exception of George Roop, is worse at using his reach than Stefan Struve.

While he isn't the greatest at using his reach, Jones's is pretty much the opposite. If someone gets inside his reach, he is almost clueless out there. He resorts to literally turning his back and running.

Umm, yes...yes I do.

Its pretty obvious by now. His striking is so overrated its laughable.

Struve wins.
Jon Jones is one of the better strikers at 205 and easily the best kicker in that division. You're on crack.

Also, watch his last fight if you think he still falls apart at infighting range like he used to. He murdered a very dangerous power-hitter in Glover at infighting range.

lets make one thing clear . jones will beat any h/w today besides cain , jds and possible cormier

Agree for the most part. Although I think Werdum and Overeem would be interesting. People will laugh, but a prime Brock (Herring - Mir 2) would have been a tough matchup. Big, aggressive wrestler would could double leg and maul you.

Agree for the most part. Although I think Werdum and Overeem would be interesting. People will laugh, but a prime Brock (Herring - Mir 2) would have been a tough matchup. Big, aggressive wrestler would could double leg and maul you.

Brock would have been a nightmare for Jones. I don't really buy into Jones running through the HW division either. Plenty of tough match ups for him in the top 10.

Jon Jones is one of the better strikers at 205 and easily the best kicker in that division. You're on crack.

Also, watch his last fight if you think he still falls apart at infighting range like he used to. He murdered a very dangerous power-hitter in Glover at infighting range.

By close range, are you talking about when he was leaning up against Glover (who had a fucked up shoulder) for the majority of every round? I'm not talking about wall 'n stall here, I'm talking about striking.

Did you see the part in the fight where McCarthy told Jones to stop using his fingers and Glover pounced on him in a second? Jones got hit several times and backed up against the cage lost as fuck. I'd find the gif, but I don't feel like it. If he can't use his fingers, he's clueless.

Plus, his kick are nothing. No power on any of them. They are all either for keeping the distance or scoring points or both.

I'm not talking about wall 'n stall here, I'm talking about striking. [...]

Did you see the part in the fight where McCarthy told Jones to stop using his fingers and Glover pounced on him in a second? Jones got hit several times and backed up against the cage lost as fuck. I'd find the gif, but I don't feel like it. If he can't use his fingers, he's clueless.

Plus, his kick are nothing. No power on any of them. They are all either for keeping the distance or scoring points or both.
You are so flagrantly biased that there is no real point in my dignifying this with a legitimate response.

Infighting is one of the more important aspects of striking. You can't just sweep that under the rug then act as if your argument isn't paper-thin. lol

At this version,however,if Struve somehow learns to use his reach including using the jab and better sriking defense ,he beats Jones.
I don't like Struve's physical potential being wasted,we lose as mma fans.

You are so flagrantly biased that there is no real point in my dignifying this with a legitimate response.

Infighting is one of the more important aspects of striking. You can't just sweep that under the rug then act as if your argument isn't paper-thin. lol

I'm saying leaning against the cage isn't striking. I really don't think Jones would be able to do that against Struve, anyway. Jones has trouble with people his own height. Struve would be too much for him. Especially if it was his first fight at HW.

Jones is a MUCH better striker than Struve. He could easily figure out a way to apply the hand-and-elbow fighting (e.g. cover hands with own hands, step in to range) he displayed against Glover, because hand-fighting is, in fact, one of the best ways to out-strike a taller opponent. He is also a far superior wrestler and kicker. Struve doesn't deserve to be in the same cage as him.

Do you all really think Jones's reach is all that allows him to have success on the feet?!?!?! :eek:

Umm did you not watch the Gustafson fight he almost beat jones and that's the only person he's ever fought with equal length. That's the only reason he's so successful.

Fedor would beat jones.

Back