Stefan Struve vs Jon Jones- who would win?

yeah you clearly have not seen any of Jones fights.

Hes by far the best striker at LHW. He dropped Vitor with a kick, made Shogun submit to get punched and kicked.

You want to get an understanding of diverse striking, watch Jones vs Shogun.

Youll be educated on the matter after that

True but this is MMA and the threat (HUGE threat btw) of Jones' takedowns play a factor in his striking.

As does the threat (another HUGE threat) of getting poked in the eyes since he has his extremely long arms straight out with his fingers in your face.

Those two things combined makes closing the distance on Jones extremely difficult.

In a PURE striking only match ... I think Jones loses to a few guys at LHW even with his reach advantage.

But your initial "fact" is what was wrong. Yet, you tell me I don't know what a fact is? I'm not saying who I thought won the fight, because it is irrelevant. What is relevant, however, is Gustafsson out-struck Jones.

I think you need to read up on the definition of fact.

Except he didn't, Jones landed more strikes in every round besides 5.

But your initial "fact" is what was wrong. Yet, you tell me I don't know what a fact is? I'm not saying who I thought won the fight, because it is irrelevant. What is relevant, however, is Gustafsson out-struck Jones.

I think you need to read up on the definition of fact.

Was not Gus-Jones a striking match?

Did not Jones win it? On three judges scorecards, and 12 out of 13 media outlets scorecards?

You're telling me that you think Gus won, I'm telling you that's fair and all.

Facts are that Jones won.

Facts are not that Gus won cause you think so.

Did not Jones win it? On three judges scorecards, and 12 out of 13 media outlets scorecards?

qft.

This thread is fine. If you weren't interested upon reading the title there is no need to enter the thread now is there? Grow up kid.

Man, calm down. I'm making jokes and you're immediately getting super defensive. Maybe you're the one who needs to grow up??

Aside from size and reach, Struve has nothing for Jones.

Gustafsson easily out-struck Jones 19 out of the 25 minutes in the fight. Anyone who doesn't see that is a blind nuthugger. I'm not talking about the silly kicks he throws the keep people at distance that lands. They do nothing but pad statistics.

Brock would have been a nightmare for Jones. I don't really buy into Jones running through the HW division either. Plenty of tough match ups for him in the top 10.

Horseshit. "Prime," pre-diverticulitis Brock had trouble imposing his will on a 45-year-old Couture whom he outweighed by 50 lbs. in the cage.

Brocktober ended a long time ago, and so did the bullshit hype.

Gustafsson easily out-struck Jones 19 out of the 25 minutes in the fight. Anyone who doesn't see that is a blind nuthugger. I'm not talking about the silly kicks he throws the keep people at distance that lands. They do nothing but pad statistics.

Too bad the judges didn't see it that way, I guess. I guess they're blind nuthuggers, and you're the one with the facts.

No ... it was an MMA match where Gus has to watch out for takedowns.

Sure! If the rules were different, the fight would have turned out differently.

As the rules were, Jones turned out to be the better striker by winning the fight standing.

Are people really talking about how Struve's length and height could give Jones issues when Struve fights like he's in the body of a 5'11'', 72 in. stocky brawler?

Sure! If the rules were different, the fight would have turned out differently.

As the rules were, Jones turned out to be the better striker by winning the fight standing.

Then he is the better striker FOR MMA.

Not the better pure striker.

Pure striking doesn't include threat of takedowns.

The facts and reality are contrary to your personal beliefs or desires

honestly I think Struve has a decent shot at winning. His biggest weakness is striking defence and hes shown to not have a granite chin, but hes eating heavyweight bombs. I dont think Jones has the power to expose struve's defense and i dont think hed wanna mess with him on the ground. Yea he hasnt really had trouble on the ground before but im lookin at ist as size plus skill as opposed to just skill. The ground matchup kinda reminds me of the striking matchup with gus.

True but this is MMA and the threat (HUGE threat btw) of Jones' takedowns play a factor in his striking.

As does the threat (another HUGE threat) of getting poked in the eyes since he has his extremely long arms straight out with his fingers in your face.

Those two things combined makes closing the distance on Jones extremely difficult.

In a PURE striking only match ... I think Jones loses to a few guys at LHW even with his reach advantage.

omega speaks the truth

Then he is the better striker FOR MMA.

Not the better pure striker.

Pure striking doesn't include threat of takedowns.

Both of them make their living as MMA fighters. They will only ever compete in MMA opposite each other.

Why would you be comparing their striking in anything other than MMA?

Jones is dominating champion in one of the best UFC divisions ever. Where the pool talent is deeper.

Struve is a gatekeeper in the biggest lack of talent division.

please...

Back