Status of the Mike Perry Hypetrain?

mike lost, lest be classy and not run it in. He was a great embassador for the Platinum belt. But the platinum lifestyle is bigger than any one man, let's all salute the new Platinum Champ!

alan-jouban-ufc-fight-night-47.jpg

Alan "Platinum," Jouban!!
Here's to his long legacy and should he lose his Platinum title, may it be a great man worthy of the Platinum belt!

Join me in congratulating Platty-Jo!

#GUERNICAbless

M

LOL at this failed troll / saving face attempt after Perry got thoroughly outclassed by a journeyman.

That's always been my take, that about half of the guys doing it were doing satire. OK, fine, whatever. I get it. But I thought even that was pretty retarded, since there are reasons certain guys like Conor are hyped up -- because they actually look like they might be something special with real potential. It wasn't just a bunch of guys wooed by his charisma, it was a bunch of real MMA fans who thought this guy could be a top fighter, even maybe a legend of the sport one day.

The satire seems out of place since that hype Conor got turned out to be well-founded; he won two belts. If anything, Conor's an example of a hype train that wasn't just based on made up fantasy land bullshit.

But there's the other half too, the ones who know fuck all about fighting who assumed this guy was going to be great because people acted like he already was. I just hope they learned that real hype comes from real skills shown in the cage. Perry got off to a great start with 2 or 3 KOs to start his UFC career, but watching those fights with an eye that after over a decade I'd like to think can recognize who's actually got really special skills, I just thought he was a solid but not especially notable fighter skills-wise. You can't get too results-oriented. It's not just how your record looks but how you fight, the skills you actually show that matter.

didn't read lol
Good post, I wont argue with much of it, except the half-half proportion of Perry fans. I think maybe 20% were serious, but of course I can't prove that. It's just a feeling.

I've seen hypetrains go off the rails before, but this complete radio silence from what was a pretty loud group is still pretty surprising.

Is anyone still thinking he's worth the hype? Anyone left?

As one of the foremost Perry haters I hope his fanbois havent all retreated just yet. I'll take too much pleasure from making fun of them once he loses again, gets ko'd and finally released.
what you autistic retards don't understand is that only Perry's haters take him seriously. The Perry fans are just having a laugh. It's all in good fun. Perry is hilarious but not for the reasons he thinks. Thats why he has a following. The loss doesn't change anything.

Meh, if he had looked good, but lost, I wouldn't care that he lost, but he really had almost nothing for Jouban, and that says a lot.

As one of the foremost Perry haters I hope his fanbois havent all retreated just yet. I'll take too much pleasure from making fun of them once he loses again, gets ko'd and finally released.

Make them suffer
<{jackyeah}>

He'll be back and better than ever.

platgrill_zps9wahkkbw.png

what you autistic retards don't understand is that only Perry's haters take him seriously. The Perry fans are just having a laugh. It's all in good fun. Perry is hilarious but not for the reasons he thinks. Thats why he has a following. The loss doesn't change anything.

The problem is that there are enough actual autists on sherdog who take these tongue-in-cheek things seriously and start cheering for the gutter bro. And by the way the UFC works, once they realize that the dude generates internet buzz they'll suddenly push him, give him favourable matchups etc. And this fuels the hypetrain. A vicious fucking circle of retardedness.

So I'm glad this shit has been brought to a halt early.

The problem is that there are enough actual autists on sherdog who take these tongue-in-cheek things seriously and start cheering for the gutter bro. And by the way the UFC works, once they realize that the dude generates internet buzz they'll suddenly push him, give him favourable matchups etc. And this fuels the hypetrain. A vicious fucking circle of retardedness.

You are upset as fuck, bro

You mean the same 4 people on here keep hyping perry up delete delete delete

It waz clear that Perry had done some work in his standup... & while standing just outside the cage before the fight Goldie said that this is a different perry we'll be seeing. He's not going to just trade a blow to get 2. etc...

You could see the difference. The problem was that it made him look timid & afraid to pull the trigger.

Anywayz, my point is that he'z in the middle of a transition & it obviously hasn't come together yet. Look out though if it does. That's power is not something you can teach... he's got that... so now he just needs to get his technique behind him. He ain't going no where.

but to drop him like a hot load TWICE means he's incredibly lucky...right?
10-9
10-9
10-9

10-9
10-9
10-9

9-10
10-9
10-9

where are all the 10-8s at bro, thought he scored 2 knockdowns and won every round?

Perry will come back stronger. He fought a bigger man. Jouban is the real deal, and at a staggering 6ft8 he walks around at about 480lbs - far more than Perry, who is around 167lbs.

Even though Perry underestimated Jouban, it is clear that he has a lot of respect for him. It wouldn't surprise me if we see Perry training with Jouban at his gym at some point.

Perry should get an immediate rematch with Jouban. After he avenges his loss, he should get an immediate title shot at any division of his choice. Then he'll take a break, fight Jouban in a trilogy then retire young - because even though he has never said it, I like to pretend that I know him so well that he tells me his life plans.
giphy.gif

Back