Status of the Mike Perry Hypetrain?

giphy.gif

They found the train completely derailed somewhere near Sacramento. All passengers are dead.

His status is about the same as Conor's was after the first Nate fight.
Nah, Conor was still a champ and still had fans. Perry is utterly abandoned.

I do think a big part of that is the whole #PlatinumNation thing being a parody of the Conor hype when he was still newish. A lot of the Perry fanboys can just walk away since they were never really invested.

I can't understand how ridiculous people were about this fucking clown. When this Platinum GOAT shit started. I honestly did not even remember who this fuckin guy was ( I had to go back and watch his 2 UFC fights ). That's how fuckin unimpressed I was with him. And in particular, his last fight. I saw it in real time. And saw nothing that would make believe... Even for one second. That this guy was anything special. If I had believed he was. I would have remembered who he was.

There is nothing special about knocking a guy out. When you are 20 seconds away from losing a UD. That's just the nature, and unpredictability of mma in general.

There are UFC fighters with as many title defences as this fuckin guy, has had pro fights. Let that sink in.

Perry: 9 - 0 Before last night. Silva: 10 defences. GSP, MM, and Jones: 9 defences. Aldo, and Hughes: 7 title defences. And Ronda has 6 ( I'm just going from my memory here. If any of those numbers is wrong... It's just an honest mistake. Not intended to deceive ).

I'm still not sure if these assholes actually liked the guy. Anybody that has been here for any amount of time. Had to know that the bullshit they were slinging. Was actually going to induce people to cheer against the guy.

GOAT... Yeah, right.

Suck my fucking ass.

I do think a big part of that is the whole #PlatinumNation thing being a parody of the Conor hype when he was still newish. A lot of the Perry fanboys can just walk away since they were never really invested.

That was always my assumption as well. 90% of them anyway.

Who the fuck is Mike Perry. i leave the internet for 3 weeks, come back on here and some "Platinum" Mike Perry is the new GOAT. I was looking forward to seeing something interesting this weekend, yet I witnessed some sloppy brawler who got outclassed by someone who can't break the top 15. From what I witnessed, this hype train is dead, isn't Mike Perry like 30?

they are slowly changing there avatar

#JoubanBless

Hype Train came crashing after it was driven by an asian guy with tiny eyes and can't see shit.

Racist coach bless

Oooh! I love this, here's a Shakespearean sonnet # 109, that I think fits the occasion:

O! never say that I was false of heart,
Though absence seemed my flame to qualify.
As easy might I from myself depart
As from my soul, which in thy breast doth lie:
That is my home of love; if I have ranged,
Like him that travels, I return again,
Just to the time, not with the time exchanged,
So that myself bring water for my stain.
Never believe, though in my nature reigned
All frailties that besiege all kinds of blood,
That it could so preposterously be stained,
To leave for nothing all thy sum of good;
For nothing this wide universe I call,
Save thou, my rose; in it thou art my all.

As a scholar of heightened text I'll give you the spark notes..ei, I love you (The Platinum Nation). More than you know. What you mistake for absence has been filled with countless hours spent thinking of you. But I am here now and you should never worry about my devotion.

When I say Platinum Nation I of course mean whoever holds the Platinum Belt. Alan beat mike. Respect to mike but Alan is the guy! So war Alan, Platinum, Jouban!
pic06.jpg

War Platty-Jo

#GUERNICAbless
2 hrs, no likes

Just give it up

I can't understand how ridiculous people were about this fucking clown. When this Platinum GOAT shit started. I honestly did not even remember who this fuckin guy was ( I had to go back and watch his 2 UFC fights ). That's how fuckin unimpressed I was with him. And in particular, his last fight. I saw it in real time. And saw nothing that would make believe... Even for one second. That this guy was anything special. If I had believed he was. I would have remembered who he was.

There is nothing special about knocking a guy out. When you are 20 seconds away from losing a UD. That's just the nature, and unpredictability of mma in general.

There are UFC fighters with as many title defences as this fuckin guy, has had pro fights. Let that sink in.

Perry: 9 - 0 Before last night. Silva: 10 defences. GSP, MM, and Jones: 9 defences. Aldo, and Hughes: 7 title defences. And Ronda has 6 ( I'm just going from my memory here. If any of those numbers is wrong... It's just an honest mistake. Not intended to deceive ).

I'm still not sure if these assholes actually liked the guy. Anybody that has been here for any amount of time. Had to know that the bullshit they were slinging. Was actually going to induce people to cheer against the guy.

GOAT... Yeah, right.

Suck my fucking ass.
You're passionate enough about him to write 1,000+ words about him.

#platinum

mike lost, lest be classy and not run it in. He was a great embassador for the Platinum belt. But the platinum lifestyle is bigger than any one man, let's all salute the new Platinum Champ!

alan-jouban-ufc-fight-night-47.jpg

Alan "Platinum," Jouban!!
Here's to his long legacy and should he lose his Platinum title, may it be a great man worthy of the Platinum belt!

Join me in congratulating Platty-Jo!

#GUERNICAbless

M
The Platinum belt only changes hands through KO. Mike Perry still retains the belt.

He didn't look that impressive to me. Thankfully this Platinum this, Platinum that shit will stop.

A lot of Conor fans committed e-suicide after the Nate loss.

But of course the Platinum/Sage Bless is a complete parody of the pole smoker level of Conor loving on these boards.
Passive aggressive hate at its finest.

That's always been my take, that about half of the guys doing it were doing satire. OK, fine, whatever. I get it. But I thought even that was pretty retarded, since there are reasons certain guys like Conor are hyped up -- because they actually look like they might be something special with real potential. It wasn't just a bunch of guys wooed by his charisma, it was a bunch of real MMA fans who thought this guy could be a top fighter, even maybe a legend of the sport one day.

The satire seems out of place since that hype Conor got turned out to be well-founded; he won two belts. If anything, Conor's an example of a hype train that wasn't just based on made up fantasy land bullshit.

But there's the other half too, the ones who know fuck all about fighting who assumed this guy was going to be great because people acted like he already was. I just hope they learned that real hype comes from real skills shown in the cage. Perry got off to a great start with 2 or 3 KOs to start his UFC career, but watching those fights with an eye that after over a decade I'd like to think can recognize who's actually got really special skills, I just thought he was a solid but not especially notable fighter skills-wise. You can't get too results-oriented. It's not just how your record looks but how you fight, the skills you actually show that matter.

Oooh! I love this, here's a Shakespearean sonnet # 109, that I think fits the occasion:

O! never say that I was false of heart,
Though absence seemed my flame to qualify.
As easy might I from myself depart
As from my soul, which in thy breast doth lie:
That is my home of love; if I have ranged,
Like him that travels, I return again,
Just to the time, not with the time exchanged,
So that myself bring water for my stain.
Never believe, though in my nature reigned
All frailties that besiege all kinds of blood,
That it could so preposterously be stained,
To leave for nothing all thy sum of good;
For nothing this wide universe I call,
Save thou, my rose; in it thou art my all.

As a scholar of heightened text I'll give you the spark notes..ei, I love you (The Platinum Nation). More than you know. What you mistake for absence has been filled with countless hours spent thinking of you. But I am here now and you should never worry about my devotion.

When I say Platinum Nation I of course mean whoever holds the Platinum Belt. Alan beat mike. Respect to mike but Alan is the guy! So war Alan, Platinum, Jouban!
pic06.jpg

War Platty-Jo

#GUERNICAbless

didn't read lol

Back