• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Starting to lose interest in MMA, Sherdog is main reason why I even watch nowadays.

The Twitter BS turns me off, probably because I moved from watching WWE to UFC because I was sick of the fake drama and just wanted to see some real violence, and all this stuff just drags me back to that fake WWE world.

I'm 33 and have been watching for 12 years.

That said I do believe that the skill level today in general is insane and I love watching the fights, so it's not enough to put me off.

I used to try to watch all the TV prelims, main card, but now I look at the card listing on MMA Junkie and don't even bother to catch the prelims or most of the main card. Barely any current fighters I'm interested in following each match.

I think that's one reason some people find current MMA fights less interesting, or whatever. The matches are more technical, because skill levels are much closer, and so stalemates happen, along with less lopsided fights. Older fights had less even skill levels, and more lopsided beat-downs, which are exciting, especially to the uninitiated. This is why freak-show fights do so well, for the most part. People like action. Pride and Strikeforce, and now Bellator, etc., use this to their advantage. There will always be that ebb and flow between the technical and the carnival in MMA, and really, every endeavor that humans engage in.
ngannou-knoce.gif

rozenstruik-ufc.gif

tumblr_png4ymveBm1rofocqo3_500.gif

34dec4192cb1adb283fd85e9d17da91d.gif

michel-slap-slap.gif

5Tdvgu.gif

CelebratedSneakyButterfly-max-1mb.gif

A6CXjyHI1xbURUd9TmDjR6XrMHmL-1oyvGAE2yQ-Q7gvyCoV3L7uTs9JA8EICj51NN4MoTh36fOQExLBBqOEM0XXGR7nImiuAXF6UuAY5a6BpUNcbml3DnooTCtApw

ObviousUntimelyIndianspinyloach-max-1mb.gif

you can be exciting in modern mma, but you have to have balls and not be afraid of losing.

most fighters now fight for points, not to true beat the other man.

apollo says perfectly what I think!!

images

I know it's impossible to have a fight without time, but it was so cool in UFC 1 so you have a real winner someone is going to be KO/TKO or lose by submission.

I want to die inside when a man uses his Wrestling and doesn't GNP, doesn't try to submit And finish The fight.

I mean no disrespect but there are a lot of ED-afflicted boomers in this thread.

I remember an article about MMA fans being old farts getting criticized for supposedly not being accurate. Meanwhile this thread affirms the thesis

Tapped Out: Is the UFC just an aging Gen-X fad?

be_ufc_aging.1519025322.png

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/2/...torial-mma-opinion-demographic-future-viewers
9D572B63-82D1-4898-A80D-7898C6A347AB.jpeg
my dick is still like a rock and I’m likely in much better shape and taller then you …so eat shit lol jk

I'm the same age, I need to move on from UFC because I have a family too
Everytime now I get on sherdog it's no more then 2minutes.
IDK I even come on here? Maybe noting else to do online? But I'm coming close to closing the MMA chapter of my life.

I used to love wwf but grew out if it back in the 90s
We won’t miss you …hit the road …….hope you and your family live happy life’s

I'm pretty sure I found Sherdog from a knockout highlight video I got off Napster or Kazaa back in high school. Anybody know which one I'm talking about?

Anyways, man It's hard to be an MMA fan today. It was easy when you had 1 event a month with the occasional free TV show each quarter. Now you need 3 different subscription services plus cable and pay the ever-growing PPV prices if you want to keep up with the 40+ yearly events. We're all sick in the head for even trying but that's love. There's really no need to watch every event these days, you can find the highlights, finishes, interviews, and opinions literally seconds after it all happens.

My better half watches the big events with me but only because she likes me (for whatever reason) and not because she actually cares about sports of any of that. She does however love to go on Twitter and IG. When something happens I can tell she gets excited to go and read the reactions. I bet you guys can't stand the Tweets the put up on the screen from D-list celebs right? She doesn't. I try my best to just tune out the nonsense which all completely goes away regardless when the cage door shuts and the fight is on.

Dunno if it's my approaching decrepitude, I will be 50 next month. But Sherdog and my Sherbros (you all know who you are, even the douchebags), are the main reasons why I even watch anymore.

As I'm getting older I'm more focused on my career and setting up my investments and the like. Too much drama with fighters fight picking and fake Twitter beefs. I kinda long for the old days when fighters just fought. Am I the only who feels like this?

I do my investments and career during the week.

The weekends for watching fights, if you don't like twitter beef then don't follow it?

34 and been watching since I was a kid. Actually shocks me looking back that my parents let me rent that first ultimate ultimate tape from blockbuster back in the 90s that got me started down the mma rabbit hole. They must have just thought it was another wrestling tape I was getting.

Well the card quality sucks compared to before. So I don't watch as much either. Only good cards, only what interests.

Like you, been watching for so long that there's always something to talk about. A perspective, some overview. And this forum has the best layout of any fight forum. And the regulars, so I know which topic is probably gonna be good.

This thread made me realize that I might just be the youngest sherdogger by far.

Dunno if it's my approaching decrepitude, I will be 50 next month. But Sherdog and my Sherbros (you all know who you are, even the douchebags), are the main reasons why I even watch anymore.

As I'm getting older I'm more focused on my career and setting up my investments and the like. Too much drama with fighters fight picking and fake Twitter beefs. I kinda long for the old days when fighters just fought. Am I the only who feels like this?

Literally the only reason I'm even exposed to "fake twitter beef" and drama is because I browse sherdog lmao if you want fighters to just fight then log off and watch the events as they happen. Unless of course you follow all these fighters on Twitter

I agree. 100%. That just sounds like an apprehensive old guy take. I get why he would think that since smack and drama sells fights, but it's been that way since Tito and the Lion's Den. Nothing has really changed except that social media makes it easier to market.

This.

Doesn't anyone remember celebrity boxing? This stuff comes and goes.

Plus, at least the Paul brothers actually train. They just have tons of money and resources to take it seriously.

I’m turning 30 soon and feel like this exactly word for word

Back