Starting to lose interest in MMA, Sherdog is main reason why I even watch nowadays.

True. It’s all about the chase. In all seriousness. I’m not cool with that in any way. I’m weeks away from being engaged and happy to settle down.
That’s good man. Early congratulations. I just got married myself so I get it. Good to rope someone in before you get old and ugly

I mean no disrespect but there are a lot of ED-afflicted boomers in this thread.

I remember an article about MMA fans being old farts getting criticized for supposedly not being accurate. Meanwhile this thread affirms the thesis

Tapped Out: Is the UFC just an aging Gen-X fad?

be_ufc_aging.1519025322.png

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/2/...torial-mma-opinion-demographic-future-viewers
“We couldn’t seat Obama,” White told Bloomberg.com ahead of UFC 159. “He’d have to sit on my lap.”

“That the light heavyweight championship clash between then champ Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen still had tickets available for sale didn’t dissuade White from a hypothetical rebuff of POTUS”
That’s everything you ever needed to know about Dana.

Congrats to you as well. I found a good one that puts up with me, 8 years younger and looks great. I won’t complain. life is much better being shared with that special someone.

Literally the only reason I'm even exposed to "fake twitter beef" and drama is because I browse sherdog lmao if you want fighters to just fight then log off and watch the events as they happen. Unless of course you follow all these fighters on Twitter

I'm not on social media, and I'm tired of boring ass threads discussing it and MMA media enabling it to draw interest to casuals.

Dunno if it's my approaching decrepitude, I will be 50 next month. But Sherdog and my Sherbros (you all know who you are, even the douchebags), are the main reasons why I even watch anymore.

As I'm getting older I'm more focused on my career and setting up my investments and the like. Too much drama with fighters fight picking and fake Twitter beefs. I kinda long for the old days when fighters just fought. Am I the only who feels like this?
I feel like you and I just turned 34 a little over 2 months ago. MMA brought me to Sherdog but now Sherdog keeps me paying attention to MMA.

I do my investments and career during the week.

The weekends for watching fights, if you don't like twitter beef then don't follow it?

Not everyone has weekends off, nor am I on Twitter.

Why follow fighters on social media if they annoy you? I don’t follow any fighters and never will, I don’t care what they say or do. Im 36 so might be that I have more important things like progressing my career, taking care of toddlers etc. My interest for MMA is gradually decreasing though but it’s mostly because we only get watered down cards with 1-2 decent fights.

I wish we could go back before Fox/ESPN era, back when cards were put together to produce great fights rather than filling a time slot in a schedule.

What's worse is that these Twitter beef don't even produce memorable quotes. You'll be hard pressed to find any new classic beef lines like "beat you into living death" and "I'm not impressed with your performance"

How could they, when none of those tweets have an outrageous French accent?

Personally I don't think it has to do with age or nostalgia, rather the quality of the product and available talent is the real issue at heart.

MMA has been in a real slump for a while now. The infusion of fighters from pride, elitexc, strike Force,and WEC is what kept the UFC going.

Then add on to the fact that USADA has been imposed, it really turns off potential athletes from other backgrounds from coming over and competing

The UFC really does need to invest in the development of future fighters.

pretty funny learning how old some of these posters are and knowing how they act on here lmao.

Personally I don't think it has to do with age or nostalgia, rather the quality of the product and available talent is the real issue at heart.

MMA has been in a real slump for a while now. The infusion of fighters from pride, elitexc, strike Force,and WEC is what kept the UFC going.

Then add on to the fact that USADA has been imposed, it really turns off potential athletes from other backgrounds from coming over and competing

The UFC really does need to invest in the development of future fighters.
But the quality of the talent and product have never been this high...

But the quality of the talent and product have never been this high...

This is correct.

The depth is insane.

I think a lot of these guys are upset there aren't more finishes. When the talent is well rounded and the matchups are really good, it's a lot harder to get a finish.

Starting to lose interest in Sherdog, MMA is main reason why I even post nowadays

Dunno if it's my approaching decrepitude, I will be 50 next month. But Sherdog and my Sherbros (you all know who you are, even the douchebags), are the main reasons why I even watch anymore.

As I'm getting older I'm more focused on my career and setting up my investments and the like. Too much drama with fighters fight picking and fake Twitter beefs. I kinda long for the old days when fighters just fought. Am I the only who feels like this?

Speak on brotha. Speak on.

I'm the same age, I need to move on from UFC because I have a family too
Everytime now I get on sherdog it's no more then 2minutes.
IDK I even come on here? Maybe noting else to do online? But I'm coming close to closing the MMA chapter of my life.

I used to love wwf but grew out if it back in the 90s

Tbh I get all my information from watching clips on YouTube on my phone or some random website and sherdog.
I really use this site because people here are funny but other than that my time is with family and the occasional video game

Back