Starting to lose interest in MMA, Sherdog is main reason why I even watch nowadays.

Hardkore

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Dunno if it's my approaching decrepitude, I will be 50 next month. But Sherdog and my Sherbros (you all know who you are, even the douchebags), are the main reasons why I even watch anymore.

As I'm getting older I'm more focused on my career and setting up my investments and the like. Too much drama with fighters fight picking and fake Twitter beefs. I kinda long for the old days when fighters just fought. Am I the only who feels like this?

Im 41 and still look forward to and love every card.

The difference between you and me is I dont see the tweets and the social media bs.

Believe it or not if you didnt spend time on Sherdog you would see much less of the drama and just enjoy the fights.

This is self inflicted is my point.

When I started watching MMA I remember hearing the boxing old timers complaining about the state of boxing and how amazing it was during the Ali days back when it was broadcast on free network TV; before PPV, Don King and an infinite amount of weightclasses and paper champions ruined everything or so they say. Now I am hearing the same thing from the MMA old timers, guess the golden age is over.

I will never understand this "when fighters just fought" attitude.

No one says you have to check any fighters' twitter. If you just tune into the ppvs then you wont see their "twitter beefs" that are so horrible oh no!

When I started watching MMA I remember hearing the boxing old timers complaining about the state of boxing and how amazing it was during the Ali days back when it was broadcast on free network TV; before PPV, Don King and an infinite amount of weightclasses and paper champions ruined everything or so they say. Now I am hearing the same thing from the MMA old timers, guess the golden age is over.
No those are just people who automatically bitch about whatever the current era is. People 10 yrs ago complained about that its not like the era before it.

Best 'era' was Brocktober, dammit it only lasted one month but it was the pinnacle of MMA
/cuts wrists

1Z02KWI.png

Last edited:
I'm 51 and I can't get into this whole "I'm cool because I have rainbow hair and my girlfriend fucks other guys!" and TikTok memer youth culture that has hijacked UFC. The main audience is now non-binary hipsters and feminists.

I blame Hollywood
Get with the program Sherbro. Dye your hair and start fucking other men’s girlfriends. I’m 42 and feel like I’m in my 20’s.

I would LOVE to go back to the days when MMA was only one card every 2 months,and you didnt even know the full card of who was fighting until you watched it. I def miss that. I love how there was such scant media at the time that in those 2 months there wasnt a whole heck of alot to talk about,where now we have MMA news pretty much every day. Oh yeah and who needs fight pass? it was way better when pride released their dvds in the usa a FULL YEAR after it aired on ppv,and the UFC dvds at first didnt even list the full card on the back.

"Damn i want to see some fights"

WELL THAT WAS TOUGH SHIT BACK THEN

so nope never would want to go backwards. Love the constant content.

Same. I read Sherdog more than I watch UFC/MMA nowdays.
If I miss a card, its no big deal- I'll read Sherdog forums and catch up on what happened.
Very different from 2007-2012 when I absolutely had to watch every card.

Back