Starting to lose interest in MMA, Sherdog is main reason why I even watch nowadays.

I'm 44 & watching MMA from the 90s & boxing before that. Social media has downgraded how society interacts in most aspects of life but is here to stay unfortunately. I try to tune out the nonsense & focus on the fights. I have a fighter's heart & spirit & will always prefer respect over shit talking. However, a good Ali roast was a thing of beauty. The dumb asses today can barely spell their own name much less articulate shit talking.

beyond ortega / volkanovski, i have zero interest in anything coming up. maybe a touch of interest in who wins the TUF finals, I guess. Got pretty into that again.
Ewww Ortega ….yawn lol

Im 41 and still look forward to and love every card.

The difference between you and me is I dont see the tweets and the social media bs.

Believe it or not if you didnt spend time on Sherdog you would see much less of the drama and just enjoy the fights.

This is self inflicted is my point.
Well put

did you forget a word in your thread title? like your are starting to lose interest?

I certainly am, im 32 and as I start to get older than the athletes on the TV i care even less, that plus its been so watered down for years
Yes I did, corrected. Vision starts to go after 40, I'm wearing bifocals now

Dunno if it's my approaching decrepitude, I will be 50 next month. But Sherdog and my Sherbros (you all know who you are, even the douchebags), are the main reasons why I even watch anymore.

As I'm getting older I'm more focused on my career and setting up my investments and the like. Too much drama with fighters fight picking and fake Twitter beefs. I kinda long for the old days when fighters just fought. Am I the only who feels like this?

I'm 51 and I can't get into this whole "I'm cool because I have rainbow hair and my girlfriend fucks other guys!" and TikTok memer youth culture that has hijacked UFC. The main audience is now non-binary hipsters and feminists.

I blame Hollywood

I'm 52 and just bleed

I didn't know ya'll mofos were so old. Really puts things into perspective.

birthday-you-old-bitch.gif

Dunno if it's my approaching decrepitude, I will be 50 next month. But Sherdog and my Sherbros (you all know who you are, even the douchebags), are the main reasons why I even watch anymore.

As I'm getting older I'm more focused on my career and setting up my investments and the like. Too much drama with fighters fight picking and fake Twitter beefs. I kinda long for the old days when fighters just fought. Am I the only who feels like this?

Me too brother. I work six days a week on my business. My only day off is Saturday and I spend it here with you fine folks. I don't follow any other MMA really, and I enjoy the PBPs as much as the fights themselves.

kinda

but im getting less excited in their wwe approach of watching for the brand. they have so many unknown ppl fighting its super annoying. nowadays i need to watch someone fight like 4 times before i have a sense of who they are. it used to not be like this

Well now you gotta change your screen name to Kasual.

@Hardkore ? Are we becoming *gasp* CASUALS?!?!

<DCrying>

Honestly though, I feel this. There are a handful of must watch events, but not nearly as much as there used to be. I still blame oversaturation of cards for this.

And likewise, more often then not, its Sherdog and the homies in the PBP thread that get me to watch events filled with DWCS plebs. Sherdog and the hardcores here promote these events better than the UFC themselves. Homies here chatting about up and comers are the reason why 30% of the fights are interesting and not only 10%.

Sherdog bless.

<PlusJuan>

Also if no one s
I didn't know ya'll mofos were so old. Really puts things into perspective.

birthday-you-old-bitch.gif

Indeed but my hairline is impeccable and I can still kick head height and throw spinning shit.

Matter a fact my hair grows so fast it maddening. I also shave 75% of my head every couple days... Fekkin magic mop it is!

I don't pay too much attention to all that noise, but I do feel like august has been a rather uneventful month as a whole for high level MMA. My buzz is certainly killed.
^ this.
At least September and the start of October look decent - UFC 266 should be fun.
I guess it's just natural that it dies down a little bit after a fully hectic first half of the year.

im not to old yet but i know what its like to be young hungy and go after your dreams and money. i dont support the current model of mma. 1% does well.

The product now is garbage, way too watered down, zero fighter promotion. Just embarrassing really.

But if you're a fan of fighting, it's always good. I always want to watch a scrap.

Unfortunately, MMA today is a very sterile product without the soul of years past. Hope it regains that former glory.

Peaks and valleys. Prize fighting goes through them faster than other sports.

Some fans wait for sports to get interesting, or playoffs to watch.

No shame in waiting for MMA to get exciting again.
Well said. The reason i dont really get burned out on other sports is because they have off seasons where there is no football/basketball. MMA/UFC is year round and theres fights and events every week

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaybeHawk
Back