Social Starbuck's having a problem now with people leaving used bloody syringes in restrooms

Treatment won’t do anything if they don’t want to help themselves and quit. There are many treatment centres and recovery centres that addicts go to just for shelter and free food, and get their drugs into the treatment centres and don’t bother quitting; they just take advantage of them for as long as they can while shooting up before they get kicked out

I'm sure that many are just using the treatment centers to scam shelter and food; I still don't think providing places for addicts to shoot up is the right answer.

Not if you havent broken any laws.

That’s a very vague and broad statement. Next time a cop tells you to stop, answer a question, move out of the way etc,etc. Just totally disobey him/her. See how that works out for you.

I know you think you are being cute but .....a clinic would be zoned for commercial. I live in a residential only area; no businesses allowed, no places of worship , no gyms , no laundromats , no stores, no gas stations etc..

If you are living out in the 'burbs, are you ok with having a waste treatment plant in your neighborhoods? a power gen plant? a large business with constant road traffic, a freight terminal? If are opposed to any of these entities being located right smack in the middle of your neighborhood you shouldn't be using any of them.

So you oppose having clinics to treat addicted people, but are ok with the alternative, which is addicts using area businesses, the streets, public buildings. If you are going to retort that you are not ok with them using the aforementioned premises, where do you expect them to go. Addicts exist , ignoring this reality isn't going to make them disappear.

Nice sidestep. I live in an area where they are putting in a needle exchange. Luckily I rent. I'd hate to be a homeowner and have my property value take a shit because of this crap.

Great idea. Can we put the clinic in your neighborhood?

Nice sidestep. I live in an area where they are putting in a needle exchange. Luckily I rent. I'd hate to be a homeowner and have my property value take a shit because of this crap.
Exchange programs are put in place in areas that already have high incidence of street use. It contains many negative consequences from effecting the public at large. Do you prefer them shooting up in the subway or public bathrooms?

Exchange programs are put in place in areas that already have high incidence of street use. It contains many negative consequences from effecting the public at large. Do you prefer them shooting up in the subway or public bathrooms?

I prefer them in a treatment center or jail.

If you can't function in society well enough to keep a roof over your head to shoot up in private then you should be in 1 of the 2.

I prefer them in a treatment center or jail.

If you can't function in society well enough to keep a roof over your head to shoot up in private then you should be in 1 of the 2.
take a look at NYC in the 70's to see how that works out. Junkies will go through a revolving door in detainment and end up on the street again- often in a worse and more desperate situation. Unless you are proposing longer sentences for them to clog up our already strained prison system?

So you are fine with them shooting up in public spaces near you, in the restrooms of area businesses, in the restroom of the library and other public buildings?

So you are fine with them shooting up in public spaces near you, in the restrooms of area businesses, in the restroom of the library and other public buildings?

No I want them to do it in the privacy of their own home.

Homeless people are a nuisance whether they are intravenous drug users or not.

I think if you're caught shooting up in public you should be arrested, convicted, treated, and then given support to re enter society. If you fuck it up again, they should just institutionalize you away from society.

take a look at NYC in the 70's to see how that works out. Junkies will go through a revolving door in detainment and end up on the street again- often in a worse and more desperate situation. Unless you are proposing longer sentences for them to clog up our already strained prison system?

The idea is to keep the public at large safe. There's always a price attached to it.

No I want them to do it in the privacy of their own home.

Homeless people are a nuisance whether they are intravenous drug users or not.

I think if you're caught shooting up in public you should be arrested, convicted, treated, and then given support to re enter society. If you fuck it up again, they should just institutionalize you away from society.
They may not have a home. They are too messed up to just do it in their home.
Your last paragraph partially says what I have been saying here, namely that they get treatment and support. So what are you arguing about?

If store managers and cops ask you to leave, you need to respect their authority (it was not the 2 guy's restaurant).
lol that's rich coming from you when you defended Kim Davis defying authority and getting her ass in jail for it.
DXFRxbHV4AAO9qS.jpg

stop pretending you give a shit about the law when you only care when it conflicts with your own backwards worldview.

lol that's rich coming from you when you defended Kim Davis defying authority and getting her ass in jail for it.
DXFRxbHV4AAO9qS.jpg

stop pretending you give a shit about the law when you only care when it conflicts with your own backwards worldview.
God's laws come first.

God's laws come first.
God demands we keep the sabbath holy and refrain from all work. Yet millions of public employees work on the sabbath. Where is the Christian outrage and civil disobedience there?

When did I mention any other country? I think you’re projecting something on my comment that’s not there.

I never said you mentioned any other country. You original comment was BECAUSE you weren’t comparing the US to other countries.

Back