Social Starbuck's having a problem now with people leaving used bloody syringes in restrooms

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Ripskater, Jan 10, 2019.

1. ShinkanPo

ShinkanPo Wild Imam

Ha he Btfo the Catholics today in one of his speeches I was told.

2. ShinkanPo

ShinkanPo Wild Imam

You forgot to mention that before he goes to sleep he checks underneath his bed to see if there is an Obama

3. ShinkanPo

ShinkanPo Wild Imam

Or a bra

sniper likes this.
  4. ShinkanPo

ShinkanPo Wild Imam

So they are dazzled by the purple haze!!! Dam the irony lol.

Ulol

TheGZA likes this.
  5. Brother Numsi

Brother Numsi Brown Belt

That's the 10 million dollar question that nobody wants to answer

6. Post 2 Decision

Post 2 Decision Black Belt

There's needle disposal boxes at my workplaces (community centres)
    They're really no big deal

7. AgonyandIrony

AgonyandIrony Gold Belt

I think there's often case managers there willing to assist them. I think curbing diseases and helping with Narcan as well as keeping them from shooting up on the streets would be a massive deterrent towards the kind of thing in the OP.

Also if it's a homeless issue I think there is much work to be done on that. The NOPD recently started a program for certain homeless people living in the Quarter to find them a place to say and hook them up with a case worker that's actually helping.

I do love how this issue is (for ripskater not you) about how those two black fellas were acting uppity and not respecting authority leads to this, and not the massive opiate epidemic sweeping the US. You guys have it pretty bad up there too right?

Slick_36 likes this.
  8. HereticBD

HereticBD Steel Belt

I believe that homelessness is the big factor, and more should be done to fix that problem, like more incentive based housing/shelter programs to help them get back on their feet.

I find these "clean shoot" places to be a fix in a couple of areas(disease spreading and OD's), but an enabling, and destructive one in another(counter productive to drug addiction).

And yes, the opioid epidemic is a big problem up here.

9. Clippy

Clippy sweet fried chicken haul on the highway

Ripskater likes this.
  10. Hogey

Hogey Black Belt

In some countries it has worked and in others it made the situation worse. I don’t seeing it helping the situation in America.

I’m not against it. I just don’t see it working properly in the us without being abused or terribly ran

Ripskater likes this.
  11. Sakuraba is #1

Sakuraba is #1 Blue Belt

It’s no better than Canadian chicks leaving used tampons in the trash and sink.

Ripskater and Clippy like this.
  12. MicroBrew

MicroBrew Steel Belt

I know you think you are being cute but .....a clinic would be zoned for commercial. I live in a residential only area; no businesses allowed, no places of worship , no gyms , no laundromats , no stores, no gas stations etc..

If you are living out in the 'burbs, are you ok with having a waste treatment plant in your neighborhoods? a power gen plant? a large business with constant road traffic, a freight terminal? If are opposed to any of these entities being located right smack in the middle of your neighborhood you shouldn't be using any of them.

So you oppose having clinics to treat addicted people, but are ok with the alternative, which is addicts using area businesses, the streets, public buildings. If you are going to retort that you are not ok with them using the aforementioned premises, where do you expect them to go. Addicts exist , ignoring this reality isn't going to make them disappear.

ShinkanPo and Edison Carasio like this.
  13. MicroBrew

MicroBrew Steel Belt

Starbucks corporate promotes itself as a place to hangout. Ultimately corporate HQ decides what kind of company Starbucks is, and how it brands itself. Do you have any evidence to claim the decision of the store manager overrides Corporate Brand identity?

There are over 14,600 Starbucks locations in the US. How many actually have a problem with addicts leaving needles in the bathroom. And yet here we are , with you trying to pin this incident on the incident with the Black guys.

Some of the addicts who used the Seattle store may have bought something and some may not have; no one knows. Homeless people do buy things at Starbucks.

ShinkanPo likes this.
  14. superpunch

superpunch Silver Belt

Why not jail or asylums?

PainIsLIfe likes this.
  15. MicroBrew

MicroBrew Steel Belt

They are not necessarily insane to be sent to an asylum, and sending people with drug addictions to an asylum will make a bad situation worse . Same with jail. You only make things worse. What they need is treatment.

Jail and Asylum is akin to using a sledge hammer to drive a finish nail.

16. MicroBrew

MicroBrew Steel Belt

There are over 16,400 Starbucks in America. How many have a needle problem.

ShinkanPo likes this.
  17. PainIsLIfe

PainIsLIfe Gold Belt

In my old home town there is a methadone clinic located in a strip mall that abuts neighborhoods. The addicts walk through the neighborhoods to reach the clinic - often stopping to scout porches for items to steal.

How about we get addicts in real treatment centers instead of giving them a place to shoot up?

18. Stoic1

Stoic1 Patriot

TheGZA likes this.
  19. King Koopa

King Koopa White Belt

What a surprise. In my province most of the 24 hour food places are now closed at 10pm and only do 24 hour drive thru for that very reason. Junkies passing out and leaving needles everywhere in the bathrooms.

20. King Koopa

King Koopa White Belt

Treatment won’t do anything if they don’t want to help themselves and quit. There are many treatment centres and recovery centres that addicts go to just for shelter and free food, and get their drugs into the treatment centres and don’t bother quitting; they just take advantage of them for as long as they can while shooting up before they get kicked out

Brother Numsi and PainIsLIfe like this.