Social Starbuck's having a problem now with people leaving used bloody syringes in restrooms

Legitimate question, what policies do you think would be better or more successful in solving the problem?
Allow police to drug test people on the street and treat a positive test as drug possession. Then punish drug possession with 1 + year in prison. The streets would be cleaned up overnight.

This is why you kick people out of your restaurant for not buying food or drink. It is not racist or bigoted. It's common sense.

Now they have problems at some locations with people leaving syringes around in restrooms.

https://www.businessinsider.com/starbucks-workers-petition-bathroom-needle-disposal-boxes-2019-1
Drugs and syringes have become such a problem in Starbucks bathrooms that the company is installing needle-disposal boxes in certain locations

• Starbucks is installing needle-disposal boxes in some bathrooms, as well as exploring other solutions to workers' concerns regarding improperly discarded syringes and the related health risks.
    • More than 3,700 people signed a petition on Coworker.org, calling for Starbucks to place needle-disposal boxes in high-risk bathrooms.
In October, three Starbucks employees in Seattle told local news that they encountered hypodermic needles on the job nearly every day. They said they had to take antiviral medications to protect themselves from HIV and hepatitis.

Read more: Starbucks workers in Seattle claim that dangerous needle pokes and HIV-prevention drugs have become a routine part of working at the coffee giant
Are you a loyal Starbucks customer or something? Why so invested in business affairs that have nothing to do with you?

I went to the starbucks over by me a few weeks back. There were 2 homeless people taking a nap inside.

Sounds like you missed an opportunity for a 3some.

Loser.

lol they would’ve been better off just closing all of their restrooms

It's a very progressive place, after all.

Wait till a junkie od’s in a bathroom. After those two young businessman were harassed Starbucks let it be known all are welcome. They brought this on themselves but the Starbucks locations in Manhattan are still nice and do not have homeless using them as drug dens.

They prefer Dunkin’ Donuts bathrooms in Massachusetts, but it’s a shame Starbucks has to suffer the consequences of our country’s complete failure in providing adequate public restroom access.

What country are you comparing the US to as far as restroom availability. And before you answer, I’ve been to more countries than you have fingers and toes.

You have to earn respect. You dont automatically get it because you are "authority"

Especially when no laws are being broken.

Not “respect” but not obeying an order from a cop.... pretty sure there are laws against that.

This isn't a Starbucks problem, this is a problem all over the country. There are even convenience stores using purple lights(makes it harder to find the vein) in their bathrooms to deter people from shooting up.

All Starbucks had to do was apologize to the two black gentlemen about what happened last year and promise that incidents like this won't happen again. It would have blown over in a few weeks the minute the media found another story to focus on. They just wanted to keep out those protestors because it was bad PR.

But this is the mess they created. CEO continues to make his millions while his employees are forced to clean up after drug addicts if they want to get paid. Are any Starbucks executives going to pick up any bloody needles or just their minimum wage, 40 hours a week employee's?

I don't care how tolerant a person may be; who the hell would want to sit in a coffee shop while homeless people are in the bathroom shooting dope in their veins?

Wait till a junkie od’s in a bathroom. After those two young businessman were harassed Starbucks let it be known all are welcome. They brought this on themselves but the Starbucks locations in Manhattan are still nice and do not have homeless using them as drug dens.

Exactly

My college roommate worked at the Starbucks in downtown Portland, which has become a haven for homelessness and drug use same with Seattle and San Francisco. He had to ask so many homeless people to leave the location because no other employee wanted to. He quit last year almost right after the incident with the two men.

I want to blame this on Starbucks but this is a problem in every corner of Seattle. That place has gone to shit.

What country are you comparing the US to as far as restroom availability. And before you answer, I’ve been to more countries than you have fingers and toes.

I’m not comparing US to any other other country, I’m comparing our country’s public bathroom availability against its need.

Those 2 guys , from that story months ago, that were sitting in the Starbucks , were waiting for a business meeting. There is no reason to suspect they were druggies.

-
Local, State and Federal gov. should increase funding for programs that provide safe areas for needle disposal, provide for clean needles and opioid addiction (like providing methadone to addicts as part of a program to wean them off the addiction).

Great idea. Can we put the clinic in your neighborhood?

It's shocking how easily you can meet standards if you don't set them. So, yeah, I'm shocked. Shocked, I say!

Burger king seems to be the preferred place to leave sharps here.

Back