Star Wars

I don’t think you know what that word means. Just because you don’t like something doesn’t make it incoherent.
Haha, I took your jab and ate it to use it. Meaning, I looked it up to see if I used it right.

"logical and consistent"

Luke leaving a map and not wanting to be found?
Po devising a plan to save his people, only to find out they were going to abandon ship anyway?
Rose crashing her ship into her Finn's, thinking a kamikaze move would SAVE him?
Rey going to see Luke for training, getting none, and not needing any training at all anyway?
Sacred texts being torched, yet being saved and placed on the Falcon?
Rey wanting to find out her past, almost the ONLY driving point for her, to find out it doesnt matter?
Snoke?

Yeah, perhaps you may need to look that word up and use it toward the prequels.

A reason that makes the whole thing less interesting and just seems like an after-the-fact narrative cover up.

I dunno. I thought it was one of the cooler developments of the series. I dont think it was a cover up. Even in Star Wars the vast majority of aliens is a two legged guy in a two legged suit.

I grew up with the original trilogy and was a huge fan. I saw Empire and Jedi in theater.
It took a lot but now I'm just over it. It's over done and if you take out the nostalgia aspect there is not much appeal to me.
I had a chance to see Solo and passed. I might just never watch another Star Wars movie.

The biggest mistake Disney made was not reuniting the big 3, Luke, Leia, Han, on screen again. I mean that's a home run, slam dunk type of idea, right? I sure thought so but I guess other people felt it wasnt. But you would think reuniting some of the most iconic figures in film and pop culture history would be a no brainer? Yeah I thought so too. Guess other people didn't Feel that way.

I'm a huge Star Wars fan though. I loved so much stuff before the Disney buy out. Comics, stupid books, cartoons, and of course the movies, OT being god tier.

Did you also followed the Animated Series from Gendy Taktarov's Clone wars, Dave Felony Clone Wars and Rebeldes?

There has been a significant amount of talk regarding taking out the satellites of our enemies so that their GPS systems won't work. Would be a major handicap for them in war time. Also very useful to consider ways of taking out your enemy's nukes in the sky before they touch down.

Thank you @Clippy for bringing this very important topic to our attention. It's been long overdue for some real "down to earth" discussion.

Last edited:
I dunno. I thought it was one of the cooler developments of the series. I dont think it was a cover up. Even in Star Wars the vast majority of aliens is a two legged guy in a two legged suit.

Well, it was effective at opening the door for the series to use Klingons, Romulans etc. as an allegory for race relations on earth. But at the same time, stuff like that makes the universe seem smaller, and I don't know if I want sci fi on that grand a scope (many series and movies, ever expanding) to commit hard to a human creation backstory.

Miriah Larry and Miriam willd would have like 8-10 posts each
Thank you @5150 but I really don't have that much to say about the United State's Strategic Defense Initiative. I mean it's interesting & all... but it's not something I talk much about.

Pretty straight forward concept to take out your enemy's satellites while keeping a mind on protecting your own. Also something to do with knocking out your enemy's nukes in the air before they touch down. Tbh... I get the main concepts, but I don't know that much about the detailz. Not sure where you'd get the idea that I would have a lot to say about it.

Last edited:
Thank you @5150 but I really don't have that much to say about the national satellite offense/defense objective. I mean it's interesting & all... but.... there's only so much that can be said.

Pretty straight forward concept to take out your enemy's satellites while keeping a mind on protecting your own. Tbh... I get the main concept, but I don't know that much about the detailz. Not sure where you'd get the idea that I would have a lot to say about it.
<[analyzed}>

SIpx8mw.gif

Someone say fucking nerd with temper tantrums?
Yeah, and this one gets paid seven figures to be a nerd with temper tantrums. Money that comes out of the pocket of the consumer. Guess who the people in this thread are in this scenario.

giphy.gif

Best scene in all the films. Period.

How much time do you have?

Well, I think there's at least 16 hours or something until the First Order catches up to us in this low speed Space Bronco chase.

Yeah, and this one gets paid seven figures to be a nerd with temper tantrums. Money that comes out of the pocket of the consumer. Guess who the people in this thread are in this scenario.
Not ... the nerds throwing temper tantrums?

Back