Star Wars

Indeed it did almost feel like it was descending into deliberate parody it was so bad.

I t

You look back to ESB and Luke's failure is built towards across the entire film, we see him in physical trouble on Hoth of course but even moreso the scenes with Yoda show him as hot headed and immature which makes the climax far more effective. You look at TLJ though and it really doesn't do this, it doesn't show Poe in a negative light to actually sell this twist it just kind of throws it out there hoping the politics will sell it.

Then you have the climax of course in which good and bad are simplistically defined and the good guys come out ontop. The whole film absolute reeks of soulless execs and marketing people sticking their oar in IMHO.

I agree with your assessment about the lack of tension in TLC compared to ESB

I first saw the original trilogy when I was like 8 or 9 it was the early 90s on a television special featuring the Original trilogy and during the ESB part the scene were they put Solo on Carbonite really got to me I am really mad made me angry at Vader.

And then got really affected when Luke got his hand cut off! as a kid I was like "damn he lost!" and that made return of the Jedi more satisfying as it really makes you wonder how will the rebels recover from all of that. Lukes Father is Darth and his hand got cut off and Solo is turned into stone!

Seeing Luke in Return of the Jedi with a new LightSaber and using Mind tricks force chokes and other Jedi Moves at Jabba's Palace really established that he is now a trained force user who is ready to face Vader for the rematch and made their final meeting exciting.

Heck when I watched it in the theaters in 1997 for the Special Addition I still got chills!

i managed to sit through the first set of prequels, theres some highlights in them, but they're really unmemorable, i then made the mistake of going to see the force awakens. huge mistake, its exactly the same as a new hope, but turned to 11. . after siting through that drivel i decided that the creators of this crap will get no more of my money.

Stars Wars was way better when it was just a niche nerd franchise, now it is just SJW pop culture.

It's hilarious when manchildren take these kids movies seriously.

Star Wars was a cultural phenomenon. When was it ever a niche franchise? It's compeltely the opposite of what you're saying.

Star Wars was a cultural phenomenon. When was it ever a niche franchise? It's compeltely the opposite of what you're saying.

One of the big mistakes Lucas made in the prequels as well that's carried on into the sequels is making Starwars far too "kid friendly", granted Jedi started a little down that path but really a lot of the appeal of Starwars was that it mixed in wholesome heroism with Leone style gritness and a good deal of adult wit.

Watch this and then remember Maz's bar in TFA, totally devoid of any kind of edge or threat to it...

One of the big mistakes Lucas made in the prequels as well that's carried on into the sequels is making Starwars far too "kid friendly", granted Jedi started a little down that path but really a lot of the appeal of Starwars was that it mixed in wholesome heroism with Leone style gritness and a good deal of adult wit.

Watch this and then remember Maz's bar in TFA, totally devoid of any kind of edge or threat to it...

But what does any of this have to do with the original comment you’re quoting

But what does any of this have to do with the original comment you’re quoting

The comment you responded to was talking about "kids films" when in reality the originals were blockbusters aimed as much at an adult audience.

They'll make up for it by having potato sack Rose blow up the 4th (?) Death Star in the next movie.
Ugh. No more goddamned death stars. So over it.

The comment you responded to was talking about "kids films" when in reality the originals were blockbusters aimed as much at an adult audience.
Every kid in the universe loved star wars and bought all the fuckin toys.

I saw a video on youtube and it says Darth Vader was in just a bit over half hour in the entire original trilogy.

1515745234704.gif
That was terrible .

Every kid in the universe loved star wars and bought all the fuckin toys.

I was one of them but again that doesn't mean the films were aiming low or exclusively at children, indeed I wouldn't underestimate the appeal to children of something a little more adult.

"Now this is pod racing!"
"Master Jinn I've been wondering? What ARE Midichlorians?"

Like someone else said the 0.2% will be prequel trilogy memes but absolutely none will be from the disney movies because theres not a memorable line between them

Like someone else said the 0.2% will be prequel trilogy memes but absolutely none will be from the disney movies because theres not a memorable line between them

Arguebly he odd K2SO line....

"Congratulations, you're being rescued"

"There were a lot of explosions for two people blending in"

Back