Star Wars

In Star Trek, theres actually a reason for that.

A reason that makes the whole thing less interesting and just seems like an after-the-fact narrative cover up.

The Star Wars universe was a magnificent creation. Unfortunately George Lucas trampled on it a little bit himself, and now others are putting on dinosaur shoes and trampling all over the entire thing.

The prequels were an abomination and are barely even movies. They are more like a collection of video game cut takes loosely inspired by Star Wars.

The news ones are at least coherent movies. They have a rational progression and characters decisions make sense. Luke betraying what he used to be is something believable. It happens to lots of young idealists as they age.

The prequels were an abomination and are barely even movies. They are more like a collection of video game cut takes loosely inspired by Star Wars.

The news ones are at least coherent movies. They have a rational progression and characters decisions make sense. Luke betraying what he used to be is something believable. It happens to lots of young idealists as they age.
They, meaning last jedi, are NOT coherent. Theyre literally the opposite of that, for christs sake.

Jar Jar Binks was underrated.

FSiGVDs.gif

What's the reason?

All of the bipedal humanoids in Star Trek were seeded / created on various planets by a humanoid species from its own DNA, like the Engineers in Prometheus.

Luke was such a whiny little bitch in the 1st one (episode 4). All he did was whine and complain.

Luke was such a whiny little bitch in the 1st one (episode 4). All he did was whine and complain.

I know. He should have just started out super mega awesome like Rey.

I actually liked the prequels. Granted they had some terrible parts but nothing as bad as the Ewoks.

79d1f1c6bf3aa3158dd617625f7d21b6.jpg

Stops black guy from saving what he loves.

Lol! I remember thinking this exactly when I was watching it opening night. By that point, I'd already determined the movie was garbage, so it was like the cherry on top. Then Luke died unceremoniously, and it was like somebody took a giant shit on what was already a shit sunday.

I actually liked the prequels. Granted they had some terrible parts but nothing as bad as the Ewoks.

I was re-watching Episode III cause TNT does Star Wars marathons every now and then. Caught the last 45 minutes and, damn, I was compelled. That's an entertaining movie that really hits the right notes for me. I think it's CLEARLY the best of the prequels and I'd put it ahead of the Disney films so far even though I liked Rogue One and TFA.

Oh, also thought Solo was awesome. That was just purely a lot of fun and it was nice to see a story that paid homage to Star Wars but felt fresh and smaller-scale.

Lol! I remember thinking this exactly when I was watching it opening night. By that point, I'd already determined the movie was garbage, so it was like the cherry on top. Then Luke died unceremoniously, and it was like somebody took a giant shit on what was already a shit sunday.

The nuttiest thing about Rose stopping Finn from Russel Case sacrifice play is that she could have easily killed herself and Finn in the process. One of those actions in a film that makes absolutely no sense unless the character has access to the future or the script to know that everything that needs to go right will go right.

I was thinking something similar when watching the remake of The Magnificent Seven recently (and it's an awesome Fuqua film)
Chris Pratt's character resolves himself to take out the gatling gun that is wreaking havoc on the good guys. His plan is basically to get close enough to light dynamite and blow up the gun. What basically happens is that he gets close, gets shot more than once, then the villains mock him as he is slumped over, barely alive. He puts a cigarette in his mouth, seemingly asking for one last smoke and one of the villains obliges him and lights it. But Pratt, skilled at sleight of hand, instead uses it to light the dynamite and blows up the gatling and several of the villains.

Heroic moment. But it had me thinking- at any point in that sequence, he could have got one shot killed, head shotted and then his plan is completely thwarted. Everything had to work out just right for that to even make sense or work. But I can give Pratt's character and the logic there at least some credit because it was full on desperation move. Film adequately conveyed that they would all die anyway if he couldn't pull that off so you might as well go for it.

But with Rose/Finn it was inane and actually kind of selfish. What if Finn actually could take out that canon? Chances are he was going to get murked before he even got close, but suppose there was a chance he could do so and save everyone. Rose took that chance away and also nearly killed herself and could have killed Finn.

He blew up the death star bro, and without a targeting computer!

That point in ANH where Luke is zeroing in on the chasm and Kenobi's voice speaks to him and urges him to use the force gets me amped every time. Great moment.

They, meaning last jedi, are NOT coherent. Theyre literally the opposite of that, for christs sake.

I don’t think you know what that word means. Just because you don’t like something doesn’t make it incoherent.

Back