Locked STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I hope for is that they don't fuck up the Madalorian by forcing some stupid connection to this fucking movie.

That's it. Just hurry up, tell your shit story and be gone.

<{1-10}>

They had chats and loosely ideas and plans from the start with him, now maybe not in the capacity of this level of Palp we will get in this upcoming movie but with the moves on the chess board when the Snoke piece was removed then why not go for it and implement what JJ and Kasdan, LucasFilm story group discussed from way back in the begging.

<Kpop775>

All I hope for is that they don't fuck up the Madalorian by forcing some stupid connection to this fucking movie.

That's it. Just hurry up, tell your shit story and be gone.

Well that’d be hard to do. Mandalorian is 5 years after Return of the Jedi. The Force Awakens started 30 years after Return of the Jedi.

Well that’d be hard to do. Mandalorian is 5 years after Return of the Jedi. The Force Awakens started 30 years after Return of the Jedi.

Dude. That's only 25 years separation...they could easily fuck it up somehow. I dunno how but they could.

JJAbrams interview

When did you decide to bring Palpatine back? Was this discussed during The Force Awakens? Or was this more because Snoke is gone?

Well, when you look at this as nine chapters of a story, perhaps the weirder thing would be if Palpatine didn’t return. You just look at what he talks about, who he is, how important he is, what the story is — strangely, his absence entirely from the third trilogy would be conspicuous. It would be very weird. That’s not to say there was a bible and we knew what happens at every step. But when Larry Kasdan and I worked on The Force Awakens, we didn’t do it in a vacuum. We very purposely looked at what came before. We chose to tell a story that touches upon specific things and themes and ideas that we’ve seen before, to begin a new story. But we examined all that came before to ask where does this feel like it’s going?

So there were discussions about that at the time. Yet, like any beginning, you want to put the threads in, but you don’t want to necessarily be literal about everything. And then when Rian was brought on to do The Last Jedi, we met and we talked about things and he wrote his story. And when I read it the script, I realized this didn’t get in the way of anything Larry and I talked about that I thought I’d get to. There were some very specific things we did get to do in this movie that we were laughing and going, “Oh my god, we’re finally doing that thing we talked about five years ago.”

Translation: Well, ya see, Rian really shit the bed by killing off the big bad in the second part of a trilogy. We had no other big villains we could build up in one movie.

Kylo already got his ass handed to him by Rey in Force Awakens and was a whiny crybaby bitch in Last Jedi, so he wouldn't work. Hux was made to look like a buffoon throughout all of Last Jedi and would also pose no threat to Rey.

So that's when I said 'fuck it! Let's just use the big bad from the original trilogy!' This is genius see, we never actually saw a corpse and this would make nerds wet themselves with excitement!

There was talk of gender swapping the Emperor, but Kathleen correctly called out my blatant misogynistic views by pointing out that women can never be bad and here we are!!

Translation: Well, ya see, Rian really shit the bed by killing off the big bad in the second part of a trilogy. We had no other big villains we could build up in one movie.

Kylo already got his ass handed to him by Rey in Force Awakens and was a whiny crybaby bitch in Last Jedi, so he wouldn't work. Hux was made to look like a buffoon throughout all of Last Jedi and would also pose no threat to Rey.

So that's when I said 'fuck it! Let's just use the big bad from the original trilogy!' This is genius see, we never actually saw a corpse and this would make nerds wet themselves with excitement!

There was talk of gender swapping the Emperor, but Kathleen correctly called out my blatant misogynistic views by pointing out that women can never be bad and here we are!!

Sorry my man I'm actually in the camp that liked TLJ, wrong guy to quote on this :D unless you just wanted the interview stuff.

original.gif

Do we really need a translation?

JJ Abrams has always been a bad liar, and in that interview it was like he wasn't even trying to hide it.

Its like he was saying "I'm a horrible bullshitter, and you know I'm bullshitting you and everyone that's going to hear this interview. But I'm just going to recite my answers to the questions you've been provided by Disney to ask because that's what you are here to do, being the fake entertainment journalist doing a fake interview to promote a movie that we know is going to be complete bullshit."

Dude. That's only 25 years separation...they could easily fuck it up somehow. I dunno how but they could.
If you're that worried about it watch the potential spoilers on youtube - I'm not going to say anything but if it is true you don't have to worry but the final movie is going to be more of the same. A Baby Yoda tie in would be welcome.

Sorry my man I'm actually in the camp that liked TLJ, wrong guy to quote on this :D unless you just wanted the interview stuff.

original.gif

I just wanted the quote lol, no hard feelings. As a fan of Terminator 3, Dark Fate, and Alien 3, I know what it's like to be a fan of franchise installments that are generally detested by the fandom. Keep up the fight!

I just wanted the quote lol, no hard feelings. As a fan of Terminator 3, Dark Fate, and Alien 3, I know what it's like to be a fan of franchise installments that are generally detested by the fandom. Keep up the fight!

I absolutely love Alien 3.. that assembly cut is a real gem, yea strange start but hey I rolled with it and deserves its place among the first two movies and legit last really good Alien movie.

Now them Terminator movies, mixed feelings. Really wanted to love Dark Fate and it's not a particularly bad movie but it isn't that good either just an average movie that didn't live up to the first 2 classics. Arnold was charismatic as always and Davis was bad ass she was my main stand out with her Grace character. T3 was a tad too cartoony and I didn't vibe at all with that John Connor, a way lesser T2 version.. I don't know the Terminator franchise didn't really have any good luck since the 90's.

Last edited:
I absolutely love Alien 3.. that assembly cut is a real gem, yea strange start but hey I rolled with it and deserves it's place among the first two movies and legit last really good Alien movie.

Now them Terminator movies, mixed feelings. Really wanted to love Dark Fate and it's not a particularly bad movie but it isn't that good either just an average movie that didn't live up to the first 2 classics. Arnold was charismatic as always and Davis was bad ass she was my main stand out with her Grace character. T3 was a tad too cartoony and I didn't vibe at all with that John Connor, a way lesser T2 version.. I don't know the Terminator franchise didn't really have any good luck since the 90's.

Yeah they were never going to top Terminator 1, 2, or Alien and Aliens, but I enjoyed them for what they were. The assembly cut of Alien 3 is a huge improvement over the theatrical, although I can enjoy both.

I liked the serious tone of Dark Fate and appreciated some of the action scenes. The little Mexican girl being the leader of the human resistance was a tough pill to swallow though.

And even this is a fucking rip off on his part. Filoni already did it in the Clone Wars cartoon when he brought back Darth Maul from the dead. And yes, everyone lost their shit when Maul came back. And once more again when he showed up in Rebels. Thankfully Obi ended him for good.

He has absolutely no respect for the intelligence of...anyone with that comment. It’s like he’s talking to a child.

Which is fitting, because mostly people as mature as children enjoyed TLJ and will enjoy Ep9.

Yeah they were never going to top Terminator 1, 2, or Alien and Aliens, but I enjoyed them for what they were. The assembly cut of Alien 3 is a huge improvement over the theatrical, although I can enjoy both.

I liked the serious tone of Dark Fate and appreciated some of the action scenes. The little Mexican girl being the leader of the human resistance was a tough pill to swallow though.

In Dark Fate stuff was off from the start, alright I get it why they did it (guy is a total mess not presentable or reliable) but I don't know they should have found a better way or something they had a bunch of writers so think of something, whatever I can roll with it but not much to roll with going forward lol. Didn't really like Dani felt she was miscast and her role kinda empty, the return of Linda surprisingly didn't have that much of an impact on me and last the terminator guy was serviceable nothing bad or good just there. Good thing for Davis and Arnold they elevated the movie and I'm starting to suspect this Tim Miller that maybe Deadpool was an anomaly and he isn't really all that.

Last edited:
Razorfist ranting about Kathleen Kennedy is one of my favorite things on the internet.

original.gif

Even as a fan of TLJ, you can see how it left the trilogy without any sort of legitimate threat, right? Kylo? Hux? Please. There were no dramatic stakes for a conflict in the third film after TLJ was over.

The little Mexican girl being the leader of the human resistance was a tough pill to swallow though.

ZOMG sounds like she scared the fuuuuuuuk out of yooooo closet misagenast.

If Abrams can get the audience score back up into the 80’s, this movie will be considered a huge success no matter how bad the ending is. That’s how shitty of a movie Johnson made in TLJ.

Get rid of Kennedy. Promote Filoni. And let Favereau become SW’s Kevin Fiege. That’s how you fix SW.

This is the Way:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back