• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Locked STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did with this one. He is uncredited. Read JJs Interview again, he helped him storyboard, and consulted.

He probably just showed up for free donuts so they could add a credible name to the production

He probably just showed up for free donuts so they could add a credible name to the production
Heh. But like I said he was even the official co-writer for TFA and sort of mapped out the progress of this new trilogy with JJ when they were initially hired, except for Rians left swings, he is responsible for uber Rey.

But he also wrote empire strikes back and return of the Jedi.

So hence my point of people who think these new movies are garbage, I'm just reminding them he wrote their favorite one too.

See not me! I'm one of the few assholes who liked the prequels best.

Fuck your dialogue and character development assholes. I just want fucking force powers and Motherfucking lightsabers!

Heh. But like I said he was even the official co-writer for TFA and sort of mapped out the progress of this new trilogy with JJ when they were initially hired, except for Rians left swings, he is responsible for uber Rey.

So hence my point of people who think these new movies are garbage, I'm just reminding them he wrote their favorite one too.

Fuck your dialogue and character development assholes. I just want fucking force powers and Motherfucking lightsabers!

I mean I feel like the really bad movie was the last jedi

The force awakens isn't good, in my opinion, but at least it was fun to watch the first time around. I honestly think Last Jedi is a god awful movie by any standard. But again that's just my opinion.

Like some other people said I just hope they give this whole franchise over to filoni and faveraeu and just let them run with it.

Jon even said he played kotor

Yeah I'm not a big leaks guy either
Honestly I just want to know how it ends before watching it lol
Seems backwards or whatever but I dont really want to sit through it unless I know it's worth it

I’ll check some out. Leaks were the sole reason I didn’t lose my shit when GoT jumped the shark. They at least prepared me for the fuckery that was about to take place. Even my wife watched and read the leaks. And she hates leaks.

I think that’s why Kasdan and Abram’s TFA doesn’t catch as much shit as it could have. While still being a redo of ANH, at least it was SW at it’s core. Rian Johnson said fuck all your history, I’m doing my own thing, and you can finish the trilogy from the ashes after I burn this fucker down.

So Johnson left Abrams with having to steal from Filoni’s playbook and resurrect a fan favorite from the dead in order to revive the franchise.

What’s even scarier is that Johnson was supposed to do a new trilogy. Not sure if that got killed or they are moving forward with it? I suppose if “Knives Out” does well, KK will be all over his dick again.

How good were the leaks for the last two movies

Or how accurate rather

For TFA they had really good leaks months ahead of the movie.. the plot and major points were all known ahead of release.

For TLJ they had very little and mostly speculation and connections and nothing really landed they were just making videos/content speculation based on random things.

For TROS they say they got the full picture and are confident this will be the movie (and based on Bad Robot involvement JJ's company it could be the same level of leaks like with TFA).

Now I don't look at leaks I see no reason when I'm so close to the movie but I'll circle back after to see if they were right or at least in the neighborhood.
Last 2 things:
- this movie got finished last weekend and had re-shoots kinda recent like a month or two ago so things could have changed a lot from when they got the 'leaks'
- Endgame was also fully leaked all the major points and moments of the script and people in forums/reddit were crying and moaning about the movie from a to z but it is very different when you just have bullet points then when you actually see it play out, the tone, the mood, the execution in front of your own eyes and most were happy with how that played out just to give an example of how leaks aren't necessary the end of all things

So far the SW situation for this year is looking great thank you Mando and I hear even the "EA" game Jedi Fallen Order is good. Here's hoping we finish the year great with Ep 9 and the finale of Mando in this late December.

For TFA they had really good leaks months ahead of the movie.. the plot and major points were all known ahead of release.

For TLJ they had very little and mostly speculation and connections and nothing really landed they were just making videos/content speculation based on random things.

For TROS they say they got the full picture and are confident this will be the movie (and based on Bad Robot involvement JJ's company it could be the same level of leaks like with TFA).

Now I don't look at leaks I see no reason when I'm so close to the movie but I'll circle back after to see if they were right or at least in the neighborhood.
Last 2 things:
- this movie got finished last weekend and had re-shoots kinda recent like a month or two ago so things could have changed a lot from when they got the 'leaks'
- Endgame was also fully leaked all the major points and moments of the script and people in forums/reddit were crying and moaning about the movie from a to z but it is very different when you just have bullet points then when you actually see it play out, the tone, the mood, the execution in front of your own eyes and most were happy with how that played out just to give an example of how leaks aren't necessary the end of all things

So far the SW situation for this year is looking great thank you Mando and I hear even the "EA" game Jedi Fallen Order is good. Here's hoping we finish the year great with Ep 9 and the finale of Mando in this late December.

cool, thanks for the info
to be clear, I don't have strong opinions of the leaks I've read so far, I'm just not super interested in watching this movie in theatres but I will if anything I read about it before the release looks super interesting

giphy-1.gif

Some say Disney's not canon.

I say there's only 3 Star Wars films, because the prequels look like goddamn space Mary Poppins.

As long as it doesnt go completely sideways like TLJ I will be happy with the final product.

That and more than just two damn lightsaber scenes

giphy-1.gif

Some say Disney's not canon.

I say there's only 3 Star Wars films, because the prequels look like goddamn space Mary Poppins.

No Last Jedi was space Mary Poppins

68f89e46aca61ac605f91166a43ee2a6.jpg

Translation: Well, ya see, Rian really shit the bed by killing off the big bad in the second part of a trilogy. We had no other big villains we could build up in one movie.

Kylo already got his ass handed to him by Rey in Force Awakens and was a whiny crybaby bitch in Last Jedi, so he wouldn't work. Hux was made to look like a buffoon throughout all of Last Jedi and would also pose no threat to Rey.

So that's when I said 'fuck it! Let's just use the big bad from the original trilogy!' This is genius see, we never actually saw a corpse and this would make nerds wet themselves with excitement!

There was talk of gender swapping the Emperor, but Kathleen correctly called out my blatant misogynistic views by pointing out that women can never be bad and here we are!!
iu

It ended up on the cutting room floor, but there was an entire training montage of her learning how to do the cornrows, getting a little better each time.

At the end, Linda Hamilton says, "Now you're ready."

I'd like to see a scene of Sarah training Dani how to do pushups and screaming at her, "Faster! FASTER!", like J.K. Simmons in Whiplash.

So what are the best theories (as in your personal ones) out there for this movie?

iu

I'd like to see a scene of Sarah training Dani how to do pushups and screaming at her, "Faster! FASTER!", like J.K. Simmons in Whiplash.

Isn't that the movie where the straight white male has to mansplain to a girl how the shining works? Get woke you misogynist pig!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back