Star Wars Megathread

Fascinating. And who is the "they" in your scenario here?

KK and her unhinged political hires seek to destroy the legacy of Star Wars because it represents a white, male patriarchy. Their words.

They trashed Luke because he is white and has a penis. I say, why not just tell good stories? The sequel movies are absolute unwatchable garbage. lol

Last edited:
Draft08.jpg

I didn't know lamp shades are indigenous to the pnw.

Draft07.jpg

K’ómoks First Nations artist Andy Everson, blends his love of STAR WARS
with West Coast Indigenous art.
Cultural appropriation by the white Trooper. Canceled!

KK and her unhinged political hires seek to destroy the legacy of Star Wars because it represents a white, male patriarchy. Their words.

They trashed Luke because he is white and has a penis. I say, why not just tell good stories? The sequel movies are absolute unwatchable garbage. lol

Do really think that money making megaliths like Disney and Lucasfilm would allow someone in charge who really had this aim?

Again I think the truth is that KK is a bean counter, she's a career producer focused on the financial side of the business who saw politics as a way of making money, she's no more radcial feminist than Vice Admiral Hilary Clinton is.

Really did she stand up for her politics? she allowed the Chinese promo poster to minimalise the black co lead, cut out the already minor lesbian kiss for that market plus of course Rey and Finn did not end up in an interracial romance.

The biggest giveaway is how quickly she dumped the whole "wokebuster" idea, when the Mandorian got the best audience response she quickly backed that and green lit a bunch of similar stuff. Its the same with Hollywood as a whole which has moved away from making films that courted conservative antagonism in a superficial fashion quite quickly when it was shown not to make good business sense.

The other big mistake I think KK and co made was backing the wrong horse in terms of geek culture. There were really two ways things were going earlier this decade, either the more respectful Marvel like way or the JJ Abrams way in which geeky properties were mined for jokey nostalgia but not treated that seriously. The Abrams style made some early money but I think its clear that long term its lost out to the more respectful style. Again they've quickly changed direction there themselves and now the more respectful style dominates future SW productions.

Do really think that money making megaliths like Disney and Lucasfilm would allow someone in charge who really had this aim?

Again I think the truth is that KK is a bean counter, she's a career producer focused on the financial side of the business who saw politics as a way of making money, she's no more radcial feminist than Vice Admiral Hilary Clinton is.

Really did she stand up for her politics? she allowed the Chinese promo poster to minimalise the black co lead, cut out the already minor lesbian kiss for that market plus of course Rey and Finn did not end up in an interracial romance.

The biggest giveaway is how quickly she dumped the whole "wokebuster" idea, when the Mandorian got the best audience response she quickly backed that and green lit a bunch of similar stuff. Its the same with Hollywood as a whole which has moved away from making films that courted conservative antagonism in a superficial fashion quite quickly when it was shown not to make good business sense.

The other big mistake I think KK and co made was backing the wrong horse in terms of geek culture. There were really two ways things were going earlier this decade, either the more respectful Marvel like way or the JJ Abrams way in which geeky properties were mined for jokey nostalgia but not treated that seriously. The Abrams style made some early money but I think its clear that long term its lost out to the more respectful style. Again they've quickly changed direction there themselves and now the more respectful style dominates future SW productions.

Yes. KK is in charge and cares nothing of profit. It is all A PLATFORM. Duh.

Bob couldn't fire her and she knew it. He wants to be President someday. LoL.

Keep up

I always like to check out Sam Witwer's interviews.

He played Starkiller (voice and motioncapture) and Sideous (voice) in The Force Unleashed, also played Maul (voice) in the Clone Wars and Rebels.

And, this is classic. <Lmaoo>

I do see what you’re saying, but if she were that much of a bean counter, she’d shut all these verbal attacks down. The fact remains she is helping cultivate a divide between old and new fans by not reigning in her “Woke Wars” story group. And any bean counter knows having two factions is less money being made for the bottom line. @EvilDDS said it himself, The High Republic is gonna go ignored by a decent amount of the fandom, due to the verbal attacks levied by that groups employees towards the fandom. It doesn’t have to be that way.

JJ wasn’t initially a bad choice to bring on. The reviews are generally favorable for his Star Trek reboot. It was kind of done in the Marvel style. Action packed scenes, nostalgia that respects the source material, some jokes to keep it light, some new twists to make things interesting. What also worked was there was no arc that needed to be set up. Again, I wonder how things could have been had the brass at Disney followed the first two trilogies game plan and kept the story writer the same for all three movies.

I do see what you’re saying, but if she were that much of a bean counter, she’d shut all these verbal attacks down. The fact remains she is helping cultivate a divide between old and new fans by not reigning in her “Woke Wars” story group. And any bean counter knows having two factions is less money being made for the bottom line. @EvilDDS said it himself, The High Republic is gonna go ignored by a decent amount of the fandom, due to the verbal attacks levied by that groups employees towards the fandom. It doesn’t have to be that way.

JJ wasn’t initially a bad choice to bring on. The reviews are generally favorable for his Star Trek reboot. It was kind of done in the Marvel style. Action packed scenes, nostalgia that respects the source material, some jokes to keep it light, some new twists to make things interesting. What also worked was there was no arc that needed to be set up. Again, I wonder how things could have been had the brass at Disney followed the first two trilogies game plan and kept the story writer the same for all three movies.

I'm sure self preservation plays a factor here as well but as I said I think antagonism was actually the intension, basically make and promote films in a fashion you know is going to get a reaction from the alt right because this can then be used as proof your film is politically significant.

I think Abrams style really depended on finding very fertile ground, franchises were there had been a more recent and less popular branching out such as the prequels and the latter TNG films/Enterprise but also a very strong nostalgia for the original which hadnt been tapped into fully for a long period. Trek espeically I think people were much more willing to accept a rather empty diversion at that point and the way it played fast and loose with the original setting due to its alternative timeline idea but even there it didnt last and Into Darkness did not have good word of mouth.

Honestly it is just depressing to consider that the golden goose was handed to this style of film making in terms of carrying on the main story and that much more serious and respectful stuff like Rogue One and the Mandorian has to make do with small side plots. I spose you could argue that really these plots being "smaller" is actually part of why they've been able to rediscover the feel of the originals, there isnt the same temptation to throw the CGI kitchen sink at everything we see in the prequels and sequels, to get more back to that lower key space western/samurai film style.

Last edited:

I think if Kathleen Kennedy were actually a feminist the women who work at sweat shops making Star Wars toys would get maternity leave and a living wage instead of starvation wages in buildings that need suicide nets to keep their employees from killing themselves.

If they ever decide to make a Sith focused series they should cast Sam Witwer as a younger Palpatine. He already does the voice and he's sinister as hell.

I'm sure self preservation plays a factor here as well but as I said I think antagonism was actually the tension, basically make and promote films in a fashion you know is going to get a reaction from the alt right because this can then be used as proof your film is politically significant.

Except the reaction didn't come from the 'alt right' - the negative reaction from long time fans, who are likely both left and right leaning and was significant in such that people got fed up with 2.5 bad sequels. sure there were alt right or racists or whatever who had issues with certain characters, but i don't think that proves anything was politically significant.

Except the reaction didn't come from the 'alt right' - the negative reaction from long time fans, who are likely both left and right leaning and was significant in such that people got fed up with 2.5 bad sequels. sure there were alt right or racists or whatever who had issues with certain characters, but i don't think that proves anything was politically significant.
Except that even you yourself bear the tendency to reframe what you hear to suit your own narrative. Social politics is something we all do.

Taking up either side of any debate only promulgates it. How we each feel about said given Idea™ is rather beside the point, but it seems we seem to ignore that and make it the focus.

Except that even you yourself bear the tendency to reframe what you hear to suit your own narrative. Social politics is something we all do.

Taking up either side of any debate only promulgates it. How we each feel about said given Idea™ is rather beside the point, but it seems we seem to ignore that and make it the focus.
I dont understand your point.

I was simply addressing the alleged claim that 'alt right' reaction was reason enough to prove thats Disney's choice was politically relevant. That's not me making a political statement. That's me trying to move it away from politics.

SOMEONE ELSE ITT watch these fuckin videos they're god damn hilarious if you're a Star Wars fan

Downloading the first one now.

Looks like they have one for each movie, I think.

Looks pretty hilarious, based off the few minutes I watched of the video you posted.

Anakin - "Qui-gon, sir. I heard Yoda talking about midichlorians, what are midichlorians?"
Qui-Gon - "Its heroine."

Back