• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies STAR TREK BEYOND (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen STAR TREK BEYOND, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm only interested in diehard trek fan reviews... that the mainstream likes a movie honestly means nothing to me.

Regardless, I'm likely to not bother seeing it due to the idiotic fan film kerfuffle perpetrated by the studios.

Last edited:
Update: July 14, 2016

First Reactions to STAR TREK BEYOND are Overwhelmingly Positive

Star-Trek-Beyond-071416-Dragonlord.jpg

The verdict is in and it looks like Paramount Pictures' Star Trek Beyond is a winner all the way! The initial reactions from last night's press screening have been very positive with many critics describing the film as the most enjoyable and entertaining of the new trilogy and praising its surprising amount of heart.

Many of the hardcore Trekkies are comparing the film very favorably to The Original Series and are essentially saying it's the first of the three films to properly emulate the feel of that classic series. As for the cast, Chris Pine and Sofia Boutella seem to be the standouts, with one critic saying Pine's performance as Captain Kirk is better than its ever been before and another saying that Boutella's Jaylah steals every scene she's in. Simon Pegg also gets a shoutout for delivering an excellent script.

Check out the first reactions below:

First Reactions For Star Trek Beyond Say It's A Blast; "A Throwback To The Original Series"

I was hoping Simon Pegg would do something great and it sounds like he really nailed it! Excited to see this.

Still can't forgive them for not including any Klingons. It's the 50th freakin' anniversary, guys! Y U no have KLINGONS?!:mad::mad:

I will probably not watch this movie. Or at least I will wait until I see reviews from fan sites I trust or people who I know know their shit like @sverre054 .

I'll watch it, and probably enjoy it out of ignorance. TNG was my first taste of Trek and I never got into the original series.

I wonder if they'll keep making these when the new TV show begins airing? I guess if it makes money that's a no-brainer, but things could get confusing...

I'm still "meh" about this. I dunno, it's just not doing it for me.

Like, I'll watch it, no problem. I'm just not excited about it, is all. Hopefully when I finally do see it, my initial misgivings will be for naught.

Transformers 4....Jurassic World......Ghostbusters.....now Star Trek Beyond? Not sure if the art of film is getting better or worse.

I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Hmm, I thought I heard that the new Star Trek was expected to be a rush job disaster. Glad to hear it might be decent. The first two were kinda fun popcorn films but in some ways pissed me off as a Star Trek fan.

I will probably not watch this movie. Or at least I will wait until I see reviews from fan sites I trust or people who I know know their shit like @sverre054 .
Sadly I won't be seeing until September at the earliest(if its still in theaters) Working in Alaska, hundreds of miles away from any theater.

Hopefully it doesn't suck. I want Star trek to succeed, but this movie has been in turmoil from the beginning. Paramount has done nothing to gain my confidence, for the past decade or so, so we shall see...

I also refuse to believe the hype yet. I mean who are all these folks on Twitter? In this day and age, oart of them may just be part of a propaganda campaign

Went to the cinema to watch the first 2 which were average. Fool me once... Wait, what?

I would like to see the return of Khan in the 4th film.

Back