Squat Technique

Jim posted his IWF and he competed in nationals twice, ranking #2 his last meet. So I wouldn't consider that bombing.

And you definitely don't need to compete in sanctioned events to be an athlete.

And the fact that you're putting Larry Wheels into "not a serious athlete" category turns your entire comment into silliness.
For the record, what qualifies someone as a "serious athlete" to you? Is a pro wrestler a serious athlete? The bigger guys lift a fuckton of weights too. What about a really strong bodybuilder?

For the record, what qualifies someone as a "serious athlete" to you? Is a pro wrestler a serious athlete? The bigger guys lift a fuckton of weights too. What about a really strong bodybuilder?

se·ri·ous
/ˈsirēəs/
adjective
  1. 1.
    (of a subject, state, or activity) demanding careful consideration or application.

ath·lete
/ˈaTHˌlēt/
noun
  1. a person who is proficient in sports and other forms of physical exercise.

Serious doesn't require being professional or the best. Athlete doesn't require competition at high levels.

Of course a wrestler is a serious athlete. The work they do requires serious strength/coordination/practice to accomplish.

I wouldn't consider bodybuilding athletics simply because it's aesthetic, not performance. It's basically a male beauty pageant.

se·ri·ous
/ˈsirēəs/
adjective
  1. 1.
    (of a subject, state, or activity) demanding careful consideration or application.

ath·lete
/ˈaTHˌlēt/
noun
  1. a person who is proficient in sports and other forms of physical exercise.

Serious doesn't require being professional or the best. Athlete doesn't require competition at high levels.
So any hard working gym bro can qualify? Is someone like Omar Isuf a serious athlete?

So why do you take steroids then?
Do you really not understand why a casual lifter would take steroids?

I mean, most of us weigh the pluses and minuses and choose not to take them. But I think it's pretty damn obvious why somebody would take them.

So any hard working gym bro can qualify? Is someone like Omar Isuf a serious athlete?

I would align the title athlete with someone who trains and practices a sport of some sort. Powerlifting. Weightlifters. Just lifting weights would be stretching it past someone who exercises. I don't think you need to actively compete in said sport to be called an athlete.

Do you really not understand why a casual lifter would take steroids?

I mean, most of us weigh the pluses and minuses and choose not to take them. But I think it's pretty damn obvious why somebody would take them.

I understand why someone might take them. I asked @JimRussel why HE took them.

Jim used to be really awkward around women. So, he took steroids.
Once he got swole enough, it didn't matter that he was awkward, they would just drop their panties within minutes of meeting him.
He had to actively fight them off, or he couldn't get any sleep. It became quite the hassle.
Then, he got learnt (that's a Halifax term) about treating women "right".
Once he started respecting these women, they weren't as aggressive, but the quality of their sexual relations drastically improved.
He now has four beautiful children that would probably be orphans, if it weren't for help of steroids.

Thank you, steroids.

Definitely not to be a Marine.

Not to be a Marine. Already was one. To be in the best physical shape I could be before this thing I went to that back in the day they used to call war.

I know that's not as good of a reason as lifting heavier weights in my basement and hoping you look better for those pigs you be fucking.

Last edited:
I am back posting on here... it has been years. I was an avid lurker and poster in the early 2000s. I used to watch EVERY squat technique video... did it all, super wide, narrow, high bar, low bar, drove myself nuts haha. Great thread... because back like 10 years there was such a cult following to one style. I think a lot of it is based on your body type and what you are actually trying to do. Front squats and high bar squats for most people are probably the way to go. And For those who are trying to build big legs ONLY and dont care about competing/dont like squatting... you dont NEED to squat to build monster legs. If you love the movement, awesome, go for it. For a lot of us the juice isnt worth the squeeze, especially if you're doing other intense activities like MMA or grappling.

Not to be a Marine. Already was one. To be in the best physical shape I could be before this thing I went to that back in the day they used to call war.

I know that's not as good of a reason as lifting heavier weights in my basement and hoping you look better for those pigs you be fucking.

Oh man, I was waiting for this one and you delivered beautifully.

Don’t pull the “I went to the Middle East, what have you done” card. No one made you sign the paperwork and this isn’t a fast food restaurant in your American hometown. No one gives a fuck.

And you definitely didn’t need steroids to be a better Marine. That’s dumb as fuck.

London was set up to be such an awesome competition at 105, what a let down.

I had such hype especially after the 2011 WWC. I don't think I've ever had bigger blueballs from a sport.

I get really bad patellar tendinitis when I high bar squat. I get really bad elbow tendinitis when I low bar squat. It’s basically get fucked in the ass or the mouth, so I just don’t squat anymore and it sucks.

MARINES DUDE.

Real conversation I had at the gym once.

Marine with skinny torso and boa constrictors for arms,

"doc, I got some vials of test Ive been using, how much should I be taking?"

"I dont know dude. How much are you taking?"

"One."

"One?"

"Yeah I take one everday."

"Vial of test?"

"Uh huh."

<{JustBleed}>

Alright since I started this shit thread,

Knees obviously come forward, stance isn't retarded wide and it looks nothing like a multiply squat. I stand corrected.

MARINES DUDE.

Real conversation I had at the gym once.

Marine with skinny torso and boa constrictors for arms,

"doc, I got some vials of test Ive been using, how much should I be taking?"

"I dont know dude. How much are you taking?"

"One."

"One?"

"Yeah I take one everday."

"Vial of test?"

"Uh huh."

<{JustBleed}>

Maybe they are foreign vials? I took test while I was overseas in the Marine Corps and the Middle Eastern test vials came in single use vials. It was pretty weird, but that's what I got and it definitely worked.

Back