Squat Form Check

It has less to do with form, but rather with where the weight is focused on.

Proper form is whenever you have the weight balanced properly and not at all on your knees.

How does the form check I posted today look?

... Why should a beginner squat any differently than an experienced squatter? Shouldn't they instead be squatting depending on their body shape and the position of the bar on their back?

Yes ofcourse, however some tips really help beginners, like breaking at knees to avoid buttwink

I wasn't aware that the whole "break at knees first" is a controversial opinion. Afaik, the whole break at both the knees and hips is the new and "controversial" opinion.

Yeah I wasn

How does the form check I posted today look?

I think it looks fine. My only suggestion is to move the hooks to the other side of the rack so you can squat facing the other way. You won't have to look in the mirror this way.

Sorry to keep bringing this back, but here's 230 3x3.

[YT]2GNSDRPK0KM[/YT]

That looks really good. No buttwink, proper depth etc.

I have a suggestion for you, and I am surprised noone has mentioned it yet. DROP THE FUCKING SHOES. Seriously, a heel with compression will hinder your squat, I would go barefoot before squatting in those shoes. Squat shoes or barefoot, NEVER RUNNING SHOES OR ANY KIND OF COMPRESSION HEEL....... You will feel a diff when you can dig in the heels and just push that MF up.. Maybe some pause squats for xtra depth (has nothing to do with your hammies, that is a BS myth)

Sorry for the caps but a proper set of shoes and you add 10 lbs

Sorry to keep bringing this back, but here's 230 3x3.

[YT]2GNSDRPK0KM[/YT]

Yep, this looks good. The video angle/frame is also good for a form check.

Only thing I don't like is the way you take a step back before you walk forward to rerack the bar after you finish each set (it looks like it could be unstable/dangerous at heavier weights).

Back