Social Spotify under fire for Joe Rogan having Alex Jones on his Podcast

Fuck, look at the numbers Joe's shows do when Alex is the guest... DUH!

The dollar speaks, loudly..

And... let us not forget that Alex Jones isn't some fringe crackpot, he's the crackpots crackpot. He's a household name and his show airs on 15,000 radio stations worldwide.

The censorship and outrage is actually what's outrageous..

You guys aren't being honest with exactly what the complaint is then.
There's plenty of good reason to criticize someone for giving Alex Jones a space. I'm not talking about "random guy I disagree with", specifically talking about Alex Jones right now.
If you are going to have on a piece of shit person like him, and it's not to take him to task for the fucked up shit he has said, then what are you doing?
The criticism with Rogan, for me at least, is that he isn't some super political guy, he's not a grifter, or some far left or right wing ideologue, he isn't some provocateur or troll, and yet, he sometimes lets these people use his platform to spread their disinformation--and he's too dumb or uninformed to challenge them. This isn't about freedom of speech , it's about acknowledging the power he has. I think Joe is a good guy that is always well intentioned, so it's annoying when he contributes to this kind of negativity.

I'm not for censoring him or anyone, but I find what he does as largely irresponsible. People are very easily influenced and will take tweets and the words of some celebrity as gospel. Obviously, we shouldn't, but a lot people do. And you should be aware of that if you're in Rogan's position.
This isn't just about left/right wing stuff. He just had a podcast with Kanye West and was telling West that instead of taking medication, he should have just excercised. Rogan has no idea what Kanye's mental health is like.

Alex Jones in his 2nd podcast with rogan spent the first 10 or so minutes apologizing to the families of Sandy Hook. and I've listened to the first two, (haven't had a chance to listen to this one) but for the most part Alex JOnes didn't say anything too outrageous and when he did, ROgan fact checked him when we made these far from left field claims.

I just think we set a dangerous precedent when we opt to silence certain voices because the masses deem them to be too "controversial."

just out of curiosity, did you listen to any of the three when he was on JRE?

Joe is friends with Alex.. Like actual buddies.

why wouldn't he bring one of his close friends to his show who's a nut and brings listener's
Exactly my point. No one seems to recognise that they have known each other a long time and are confessed "friends' ... Joe isn't "friends" with most of the people on his podcast, a few sure but not most.

Lol. Here’s the thing about Alex Jones that’ll never understand. According to his own logic people have gotten wacked or made to disappear by the government for way less then he’s supposedly exposed. So either Alex is a reptilian shape shifter or he’s moloch himself.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...-conspiracy-theorist-alex-jones-b1390892.html

"Spotify is under fire after Joe Rogan invited controversial Infowarsfounder and conspiracy theorist Alex Jones onto his podcast, for the second time in just a few months.

In the three-hour episode, the pair touched on topics including vaccine conspiracies, and Hunter Biden’s laptop.

Comedian Tim Dillon was the second guest on the podcast. He, Rogan and Jones appeared in a photo that showed them failing to practise social distancing. "

lol at this Late stage cuckoldry<{anton}>

This twitter generation cannot accept the controversial, they want everyone to be shut down if they don´t speak the same language. Joe Rogan is just a podcast, nobody takes his words or his guests as the bible and Joe does a decent job of checking stuff on the go.

Alex Jones in his 2nd podcast with rogan spent the first 10 or so minutes apologizing to the families of Sandy Hook. and I've listened to the first two, (haven't had a chance to listen to this one) but for the most part Alex JOnes didn't say anything too outrageous and when he did, ROgan fact checked him when we made these far from left field claims.

I just think we set a dangerous precedent when we opt to silence certain voices because the masses deem them to be too "controversial."

just out of curiosity, did you listen to any of the three when he was on JRE?

I don't disagree with the bolded. I'm not a fan of cancel culture, and I will freely admit that there are some idiots on the left that do try to shut down conversation based solely on them not liking/agreeing with what someone says. That's completely wrong.

But when it comes to Rogan, or anyone with a platform as big as his, I think he should, and rightfully does get more scrutiny. He's having serious people on his show--not just guys like Eddie Bravo and Schaub. When you have on Senators, and scientists, and authors, you have to be aware that brings legitimacy and power to your show. You're not "just a guy talking" anymore.

I listened to the first Jones podcast. The 2nd one, I'm pretty sure I did, but I don't think I finished it..I had it on in the background. But really, what apology can one give to "I don't believe your child was murdered. They were actors" ? The guy is either mentally unstable or he's a liar. Calling him "controversial" is downplaying the issue people have with him.
My thing with Rogan is less about some of his guests, and more about how he interacts with them, and why he has some of them on in the first place.
He seems to have banned Dave Rubin from his show because he thinks he's full of shit. Which he is. So how do you have on Jones then ?
What he says doesn't always match up to what he does. He'll have on rightwingers and regular joes to talk about transgendered people or BLM stuff, but he doesn't bring on people that actually represent that stuff---thus, the criticism from the left.

@nac386 , you're one of the sensible ones here. what are your thoughts?

I think Joe Rogan should sign a contract with a company that guarantees him the right to have any guest on his show that he wants. I assume he did that when he signed with Spotify. As long as he did, it doesn't really matter what people say, because his contract gives him that ability.

As for the people complaining, I don't really care about them one way or another. People have a right to voice their opinion. If they want to criticize companies that give Alex Jones a stage to said absurd things, they have a right to voice that opinion. If they want to cancel their Spotify, they have a right to do that too.

I'm not really sure what the big deal is with this story, which is why I didn't comment initially. Joe Rogan seems to be doing whatever he wants, which is the way it should be. Random people on Twitter who disapprove are voicing that disapproval, which is also the way it should be. That's the way freedom of speech works.

I don't disagree with the bolded. I'm not a fan of cancel culture, and I will freely admit that there are some idiots on the left that do try to shut down conversation based solely on them not liking/agreeing with what someone says. That's completely wrong.

But when it comes to Rogan, or anyone with a platform as big as his, I think he should, and rightfully does get more scrutiny. He's having serious people on his show--not just guys like Eddie Bravo and Schaub. When you have on Senators, and scientists, and authors, you have to be aware that brings legitimacy and power to your show. You're not "just a guy talking" anymore.

I listened to the first Jones podcast. The 2nd one, I'm pretty sure I did, but I don't think I finished it..I had it on in the background. But really, what apology can one give to "I don't believe your child was murdered. They were actors" ? The guy is either mentally unstable or he's a liar. Calling him "controversial" is downplaying the issue people have with him.
My thing with Rogan is less about some of his guests, and more about how he interacts with them, and why he has some of them on in the first place.
He seems to have banned Dave Rubin from his show because he thinks he's full of shit. Which he is. So how do you have on Jones then ?
What he says doesn't always match up to what he does. He'll have on rightwingers and regular joes to talk about transgendered people or BLM stuff, but he doesn't bring on people that actually represent that stuff---thus, the criticism from the left.

My theory as to why JRE has such a huge audience is because he's willing to engage in conversations with just about anyone...and in all honesty, the art of conversation/discourse has been lost. people rarely converse with anyone with remotely different ideas but rather, tallking AT Them or insulting them. (I am guilty of this as well).

I think people miss this...miss hearing people from all sorts of backgrounds converse and express their ideas.

Rogan has had some lefties on his show, Cornel West, Daryl Davis (off the top of my head).

I think the reason why JRE has many conservatives on this show is because often it is their voices that are being silenced and/or muted.

take a look at the topic of Transgenderism. this is a incediary topic which results in IMMEDIATE allegations of transphobia for any questioning of it.

I could say, "transgender women who transitioned from being a Cis gender male should not be able to compete against Cis gender women" and I would be labelled transphobic.

My theory as to why JRE has such a huge audience is because he's willing to engage in conversations with just about anyone...and in all honesty, the art of conversation/discourse has been lost. people rarely converse with anyone with remotely different ideas but rather, tallking AT Them or insulting them. (I am guilty of this as well).

I think people miss this...miss hearing people from all sorts of backgrounds converse and express their ideas.

Rogan has had some lefties on his show, Cornel West, Daryl Davis (off the top of my head).

I think the reason why JRE has many conservatives on this show is because often it is their voices that are being silenced and/or muted.

take a look at the topic of Transgenderism. this is a incediary topic which results in IMMEDIATE allegations of transphobia for any questioning of it.

I could say, "transgender women who transitioned from being a Cis gender male should not be able to compete against Cis gender women" and I would be labelled transphobic.

Definitely. That's why I like him. I end up hearing about some shit I never heard about or thought about because he has on a wide range of guests. And I wouldn't want him to stop talking to the wide range of people that he does.
BUT, I just wish he would acknowledge the power that his show has. Spotify isn't paying him a $100 million dollars for nothing.
His name was not mentioned to moderate a presidential debate for nothing.
I think he has some responsiblity about the information that comes from his show.

I'm not saying he doesn't ever have Left wing people on. He has had on Kyle Kulnski and David Pakman too. But Joe gets criticized mostly for having on right wingers that will criticize "left wing" social issues, but he won't have on left wingers to specifically address those issues. As much as he's talked about transgendered people on his show, it's kind of silly that a guy like Joe hasn't had one on his show to talk about the science and mental shit that goes with that.
I don't think Joe is transphobic. But he could very easily put that rumor to rest if he actually talked to a trans person about trans shit. You look transphobic when all you do is talk to people that critcize it.

I think Joe Rogan should sign a contract with a company that guarantees him the right to have any guest on his show that he wants. I assume he did that when he signed with Spotify. As long as he did, it doesn't really matter what people say, because his contract gives him that ability.

As for the people complaining, I don't really care about them one way or another. People have a right to voice their opinion. If they want to criticize companies that give Alex Jones a stage to said absurd things, they have a right to voice that opinion. If they want to cancel their Spotify, they have a right to do that too.

I'm not really sure what the big deal is with this story, which is why I didn't comment initially. Joe Rogan seems to be doing whatever he wants, which is the way it should be. Random people on Twitter who disapprove are voicing that disapproval, which is also the way it should be. That's the way freedom of speech works.

Big deal is that if this was a smaller podcaster he would have been cut from most platforms, this cancel culture bullshit has gone too far and I'm glad Joe is too big to get cancelled.

Definitely. That's why I like him. I end up hearing about some shit I never heard about or thought about because he has on a wide range of guests. And I wouldn't want him to stop talking to the wide range of people that he does.
BUT, I just wish he would acknowledge the power that his show has. Spotify isn't paying him a $100 million dollars for nothing.
His name was not mentioned to moderate a presidential debate for nothing.
I think he has some responsiblity about the information that comes from his show.

I'm not saying he doesn't ever have Left wing people on. He has had on Kyle Kulnski and David Pakman too. But Joe gets criticized mostly for having on right wingers that will criticize "left wing" social issues, but he won't have on left wingers to specifically address those issues. As much as he's talked about transgendered people on his show, it's kind of silly that a guy like Joe hasn't had one on his show to talk about the science and mental shit that goes with that.
I don't think Joe is transphobic. But he could very easily put that rumor to rest if he actually talked to a trans person about trans shit. You look transphobic when all you do is talk to people that critcize it.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...-conspiracy-theorist-alex-jones-b1390892.html

"Spotify is under fire after Joe Rogan invited controversial Infowarsfounder and conspiracy theorist Alex Jones onto his podcast, for the second time in just a few months.

In the three-hour episode, the pair touched on topics including vaccine conspiracies, and Hunter Biden’s laptop.

Comedian Tim Dillon was the second guest on the podcast. He, Rogan and Jones appeared in a photo that showed them failing to practise social distancing. "

lol at this Late stage cuckoldry<{anton}>

My $0.02 as a left-wing Rogan fan...

I listened to the episode and mostly enjoyed it, even though I find Jones to be detestable in a lot of ways. Jones said some real shit, but also a TON of bullshit and Joe called him out on a lot of it, but not all of it. You can't hold grown people's hands throughout life, you've got to let them see everything and then make up their own minds. I disagree with the authoritarian left or the nanny state liberals who want to control information. I'm a libertarian when it comes to information and free speech and expression. I'm a free speech absolutist.

I'm a BIG Kyle Kulinski fan and I'm looking forward to the live election night podcast he's doing with Joe and Tim Dillon, and Alex Jones invited himself, but not sure if Joe will actually let him go on that night. As crazy as that would be, and it could be entertaining, I'd prefer he not be there, because he would just talk over Kyle who's a serious commentator and it would ruin the point of having Kyle on. Tim Dillon is also a right-wing conspiracy theorist, but he's a more rational and reasonable guy and he won't just talk over Kyle the whole time, he'll add some commentary from the right as well as some humor. That's why I like and respect Tim Dillon a lot more than Jones, even though they have somewhat similar worldviews.

Back