News Sports cards collecting rising in popularity, Mike Trout signed rookie goes for $922k, Box Breaks

@StewDogg11 @TeTe @sweetviolenturg

You guys ever heard of Melty Misfits? They are sticker cards

They remind me of The Garbage Pail Kids sticker cards I used to collect in the 80s as a kid

But they are going for thousands on EBAY I never heard of them before why are they so expensive?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Full-Set-of-PROMO-cards-for-The-Melty-Misfits-by-Buff-Monster/392916317657?hash=item5b7ba335d9:g:KuEAAOSwWplfQyCV&_trkparms=%26rpp_cid%3D5f2862559f4676e1249e9f4a

Nope never.

So you are familiar with Vegas Dave? I only remember him from his massive bets on UFC and Boxing matches.

Didn't he bet on Holly Holm to KO Rousey?

Do you know how he made his money?

I am, however I don’t know how he made his fortune or if he actually bet on Holm. He does come off as a super douche though.

I've got a binder with about five or six sheets of boxing cards from the early '90s that I had autographed in person by various fighters. A lot of whom are Hall of Famers that are now deceased. I wonder how much those are worth now? I should get some of the best ones graded & slabbed but I'm not sure how much it costs for each card. It can't be as much as comic books can it?

I honestly would just get them slabbed by PSA or BGS as the autograph being authentic and that’s only if you ever plan on selling them. In person autographs go for hardly anything without any type of authentication. As for the cost it depends on the fighter. Someone who’s been dead forever like a Rocky Marciano is going to cost a lot more than a living fighter who signs a lot like say a Shane Mosley. In this instance probably $30 for Mosley and $200 for Marciano to get them authenticated.

I honestly would just get them slabbed by PSA or BGS as the autograph being authentic and that’s only if you ever plan on selling them. In person autographs go for hardly anything without any type of authentication. As for the cost it depends on the fighter. Someone who’s been dead forever like a Rocky Marciano is going to cost a lot more than a living fighter who signs a lot like say a Shane Mosley. In this instance probably $30 for Mosley and $200 for Marciano to get them authenticated.

Wow. It costs that much for authentication? In that case, I may just a few done. Thanks for the info.

Damn, Jays fans don't celebrate Olerud? He flirted with .400 for most of that season way back when.

Lanky ass skinny guy walked up to the plate looking like a bank teller or something and just embarrassed pitchers.

Also subject of the greatest rickey henderson story.

1999 Mets spring training...

Rickey: Hey man i noticed you wear a helmet in the field. I had a teammate sho did that a while back.

Olerud: Yea Ricky that was me

I collected a lot as a teenager and am now getting into ufc cards. Ken Griffey jr was the guy I collected a lot but doubt my cards are worth anything in the condition they’re in now.
C1C50040-FDC2-4EF6-A5DC-072D466973A8.jpeg EE25170C-D2B7-4DCD-9D5C-C52288DB3B2A.jpeg 05C219E4-4991-4797-9433-EAF0411177DE.jpeg D477A8FF-EB7C-4900-A770-D3B2A634F64A.jpeg

It is so cringe bro. The collectors are all adults. The packs are like little slot machines for them. Kids don't buy cards anymore. It is so fucking lame.
It's been that way for decade's tho.

I lost my collection when i was younger.
My sisters pussy ass husband broke into my parents house when they were outta state. I was in prison.
Had a shit load of unopened packs. Olds red backs all types.

Also subject of the greatest rickey henderson story.

1999 Mets spring training...

Rickey: Hey man i noticed you wear a helmet in the field. I had a teammate sho did that a while back.

Olerud: Yea Ricky that was me
That story always cracks me up but Olerud revealed it was not true at all that they both knew each other well while on the mets lol
https://www.mlb.com/cut4/john-olerud-told-the-origin-of-the-rickey-henderson-story-c265505404

By the way Rickey Henderson was a jacked dude he had

I collected a lot as a teenager and am now getting into ufc cards. Ken Griffey jr was the guy I collected a lot but doubt my cards are worth anything in the condition they’re in now.
View attachment 797921 View attachment 797922 View attachment 797923 View attachment 797924
I remember those Diamond Kings cards at the time they were popular I had a few of those I had Dave Winfield but thats like 4 bucks now probably its crazy how those older cards dropped in value from so many duplicates, these new cards cost more cause of the rarity like some of them are only 1 of 50, or 1 of 10 made.

I remember those Diamond Kings cards at the time they were popular I had a few of those I had Dave Winfield but thats like 4 bucks now probably its crazy how those older cards dropped in value from so many duplicates, these new cards cost more cause of the rarity like some of them are only 1 of 50, or 1 of 10 made.

Oh yeah a lot of the stuff from the late 80s to mid 90s is pretty much fire kindling lol but I think some stuff is solid from that era. I think the Griffey jr rookies are still somewhat valuable depending on condition just from nostalgia alone. The thing that made things like vintage cards and comics valuable in the first place is that they were seen as valueless and expendable at one point thus people tossing them out making them scarce. In the junk wax era everyone had multiples of every great players card and held them in mint condition. The modern cards are interesting I think it’s built in safeguards from the “junk wax era” by making artificially rare cards like a 1/50, 1/10, 1/1 etc (bought a 5/10 Cain Velasquez auto recently).

Oh yeah a lot of the stuff from the late 80s to mid 90s is pretty much fire kindling lol but I think some stuff is solid from that era. I think the Griffey jr rookies are still somewhat valuable depending on condition just from nostalgia alone. The thing that made things like vintage cards and comics valuable in the first place is that they were seen as valueless and expendable at one point thus people tossing them out making them scarce. In the junk wax era everyone had multiples of every great players card and held them in mint condition. The modern cards are interesting I think it’s built in safeguards from the “junk wax era” by making artificially rare cards like a 1/50, 1/10, 1/1 etc (bought a 5/10 Cain Velasquez auto recently).
yup the Junk wax era it was easy as hell to get multiples of top rookie cards, I remember I got like 2 Dieon Sanders rookies in one pack of topps, And then I would buy them and eat the bubble gum, we used to toss them like they were nothing, so many duplicates. I had like 7 of the same Daryl Strawberry too.

The modern Cards got it right, making the card rare pulls the value up super high.

But to counter tht they charge hundreds for a box, sometimes thousands.

If I ever became a millionaire Id probably buy up those modern boxes and break them on Youtube, id be like a kid in a candy store and Id put them in protective cases and break them only with clean gloves on and probably do some giveaways for fun of some cards.

From ruins to renaissance: How the sports card market became appealing to investors
https://sports.yahoo.com/from-ruins...-became-appealing-to-investors-183139381.html
fcbdde80-1a11-11eb-bbee-24fbf3b69d1e

48712440-1a12-11eb-bcff-361013d7511d

6cc2a080-1a12-11eb-b7ce-49ca5ee29abc

@StewDogg11 @TeTe

Jaspys in Hermosa Beach, California had an awesome pull from 2,500 box break.

Another sports card collector just hit the JACKPOT -- pulling a rare 1-of-1 LeBron James jersey card ... and he's already getting some huge offers to sell!

It all went down Thursday night at Jaspy's Case Breaks card shop in Hermosa Beach, CA -- which was hosting a "live break" of a box of 2019-20 Panini Immaculate Premium Edition cards.

LeBron James Fan Pulls Ultra-Rare Jersey Card ... Massive Offers Rollin' In
https://www.tmz.com/2020/11/21/lebron-james-logo-card-rare-offers-money/
1d1aabfcd61441d99df5e2274d8b7a06_md.jpg

Not surprised, it's a PSA 9. There's gotta be like four of those in existence.
Its basically a rich person passing it on to another rich person, im trying to find a story of a poor or middle class person who got a high end card and was able to sell it and become rich but I can't

Pokemon cards have even blown up since Covid. I seen people going crazy over the originals but also snatching up new packs looking for Big Fat Gay Pickichu.

Back