News Sports cards collecting rising in popularity, Mike Trout signed rookie goes for $922k, Box Breaks

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
During this Quarantine Ive been enjoying watching lots of YouTube, movies, but my favorite is the Street food channels and now those Sports cards videos where people Break open new boxes and packs of cards, I have no clue why but they are enjoyable to watch, especially when they get an expensive card.

I used to collect those Topps, Donruss, wax packs as a kid in the 80s, I remember having duplicates of the Ken Griffey JR rookie and other cards. I don't have a clue what happened to them but they were not kept in good condition. I then started collecting upperdeck and the other cards in junior high, stopped collecting cards and focused on comic books and stopped all together when I focused on playing football in high school.

Mike Trout 2009 autographed rookie card that sold for $922,500 (L); Michael Jordan autographed card that sold for $187,730.
64161560-9c5a-11ea-bec7-99dc1bb9e6e7

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/...g-is-booming-amid-the-pandemic-194455858.html

So I just need to get MJ to sign my MJ baseball card and Im going on a Princess Cruise?

It is so cringe bro. The collectors are all adults. The packs are like little slot machines for them. Kids don't buy cards anymore. It is so fucking lame.

Why do you say that man? You don't have to insult someones hobby, they got the money and its fun and stimulates the economy.
It most certainly does not stimulate the economy. I think you might be joking but if not, please never talk about economics again. Cards are meant for children to enjoy and become enthusiasts of the sport by admiring players based on the cards they have. It's so gross that these imps have made this into something so foul.

It most certainly does not stimulate the economy. I think you might be joking but if not, please never talk about economics again. Cards are meant for children to enjoy and become enthusiasts of the sport by admiring players based on the cards they have. It's so gross that these imps have made this into something so foul.
Who shit in your cereal this morning? Guy with a star trek avatar calling something cringe GTFO. <{clintugh}>

During this Quarantine Ive been enjoying watching lots of YouTube, movies, but my favorite is the Street food channels and now those Sports cards videos where people Break open new boxes and packs of cards, I have no clue why but they are enjoyable to watch, especially when they get an expensive card.

I used to collect those Topps, Donruss, wax packs as a kid in the 80s, I remember having duplicates of the Ken Griffey JR rookie and other cards. I don't have a clue what happened to them but they were not kept in good condition. I then started collecting upperdeck and the other cards in junior high, stopped collecting cards and focused on comic books and stopped all together when I focused on playing football in high school.

Mike Trout 2009 autographed rookie card that sold for $922,500 (L); Michael Jordan autographed card that sold for $187,730.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/...g-is-booming-amid-the-pandemic-194455858.html

It seems like fun but I spend my money on sports betting

It is so cringe bro. The collectors are all adults. The packs are like little slot machines for them. Kids don't buy cards anymore. It is so fucking lame.

Not true. My kid has me spending 100-200 month right now buying him packs. Football and basketball. No baseball yet.

@TeTe makes good money on this.

It was those side burns and the Don Frye mustache

Rumor has it he gave Jeter a post coital gift basket. It contained only a pair of assless chaps and a get well hallmark card that read “Only bottoms play shortstop”.

it is very hard to sell cards I have a bunch of autographed game used cards worth barely 20 bucks.

Didn't the card market collapse big time in the early 90s? Did sports cards come back, or are these the same cards from when we were kids?

You have an American Football Cub as your Av. You are significantly more cringe than I.

Would you guys just get together and fuck already? The raiders and star trek are equally as gay so just bring that shit together and dont have shame about it homies.

Rumor has it he gave Jeter a post coital gift basket. It contained only a pair of assless chaps and a get well hallmark card that read “Only bottoms play shortstop”.

They do say the rich get richer.

The problem with cards is even one out of the pack could not get a mint grade if something like the borders are not perfectly symetric. Then you have to pay to get them graded, once a card gets a good grade then it may be worth something.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back