• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sport Jiu-Jitsu in a street fight, Its not all the same!

shitty thread, these days thugs are really violent that they don't fight fair, they carry something in them, so sport BJJ vs GJJ comparison is so lame.

Reminds me of a bodybuilder who I know who started mma a couple of years ago and has had some fights. He lost a few stone of blubber and the mma version of him could turn the bodybuilder into a pretzel, but he also bounces and has gone from no trouble when he was huge to grief all the time now hes smaller and can actually fight.

Bodybuilding > mma for self defence plus you get the gun show.

Reminds me of a bodybuilder who I know who started mma a couple of years ago and has had some fights. He lost a few stone of blubber and the mma version of him could turn the bodybuilder into a pretzel, but he also bounces and has gone from no trouble when he was huge to grief all the time now hes smaller and can actually fight.

Bodybuilding > mma for self defence plus you get the gun show.

Haha yeah.. Guys who would come in roided up super huge with no training sucked. But yeah, people are stupid and don't know. One thing I learned frim training, you can't tell who is a real badass a good % of the time.

Oh my GOD!!! This thread fucking DELIVERS!!!

You need to add SummerStriker as the whitebelt that mastered the art of grappling.

Notice JohnSouth hasn't posted again since I outed him? You're welcome Sherdog.

Yeah he started getting MUCH nicer when you got it and going. Trying to act like he just was being cool and saying he "preferred" gjj lol. Then when other people started calling him out too he bailed. For sure thanks man

Ok ok I tap and appologize for having a good opinion of myself. I should be more humble as a white belt. I was trying to illustrate a point about how powerful I think good technique is but came off too uppity.

You basically proved my point. When technical / experience advantages exceed strength / mass advantages in magnitude they can equalize things or give the overall advantage to the smaller but more skillful person. That is what you've experienced.

When the technical advantage is smaller than the mass advantage, the little guy tends to have a rough time. This would be those situations where an athletic competitive HW blue belt with a winning MMA record is a nightmare roll for a hobbyist purple belt who is 60 lbs lighter than he is.

NnxAYsm_zpsrgybcciw.gif

Sherdog should make this forum so you can only have your real name and picture, alot less people would be onn here talking junk, small world its easy to run into people you have seen before or heard of, doesnt take much balls to type bs to someone and bully people online. Why are people jumping to conclusions about GJJ saying theres no rolling, practicing or resistance? quit it. For 1 you can do GJJ at a legit school and become a good grappler with good top game, 2 you can put someone in a headlock with full resistance and see if they can get out along with other drills people look for any tiny spec to get their hatred in. go punch a pillow if your that upset lol

lets all feel proud and congratulate eachother cuz we bullied someone that didnt have the same opinion as us , YEAH!

Yeah he started getting MUCH nicer when you got it and going. Trying to act like he just was being cool and saying he "preferred" gjj lol. Then when other people started calling him out too he bailed. For sure thanks man
diint.gif

ktpng.gif

mth.gif

lmhywsk1.gif

The dramatic reenactment of my detective work.

Thank you forever and ever.
Sherlocking on the Sherdog for my sherhomies.

Code:
day 1,487, the native sherdoggers still suspect nothing

Lost so hard.

Sherdog should make this forum so you can only have your real name and picture, alot less people would be onn here talking junk, small world its easy to run into people you have seen before or heard of, doesnt take much balls to type bs to someone and bully people online. Why are people jumping to conclusions about GJJ saying theres no rolling, practicing or resistance? quit it. For 1 you can do GJJ at a legit school and become a good grappler with good top game, 2 you can put someone in a headlock with full resistance and see if they can get out along with other drills people look for any tiny spec to get their hatred in. go punch a pillow if your that upset lol
lmhywsk1.gif

Listen here newfriend, this is a great forum and it's very close knit. I trust the insight of many people here, many people have helped me with the advancement of my jiujitsu, and I get happy to see their success and advancement. A lot of us have been posting for many years and seen each other grow as grapplers. Though we don't always get along, we tend to treat each other with respect. Not only is this a tool for your learning, but a place to socialize and talk about the thing that's on our mind nonstop. We're very passionate about grappling here, and it is in my opinion the best forum for grappling on the internet.

As to posting ourselves, there's a thread in the stickies where we post pictures of ourselves. If you want to see a picture of me go ahead. There's a pretty cool picture of me winning a match at my last tourney with a triangle. Feel free to look at it, I myself thought it was pretty cool.

lets all feel proud and congratulate eachother cuz we bullied someone that didnt have the same opinion as us , YEAH!

Dude I'm a rubber guard player with an Eddie Bravo avatar. You don't think I've taken my fair share of shit over the years? Especially before the rematch. I didn't mind taking a ribbing because there are some absolutely great grapplers here and I respect their opinion because I respect them. Johnsouth has been a blight on these forums for awhile now, saying some vile shit. I literally did research into it and found him on a neo nazi website, saying the exact same shit. This is f12, this isn't stormfront.

tumblr_n7s4s6vLOK1tu7965o1_500.gif

Just wanted you to know your Shawn Williams Guard tutorial has helped me immensely. As a high guard guy it's been invaluable for me as a way to enter rubber guard and set up an omaplata sweep. can't wait to flesh it out some more. You know how you said you can hit it with flexibility? My right side is my weak side so I'm going to start utilizing it heavily on my right side to even out my guard and allow more mobility for my hips.

Just wanted you to know your Shawn Williams Guard tutorial has helped me immensely. As a high guard guy it's been invaluable for me as a way to enter rubber guard and set up an omaplata sweep. can't wait to flesh it out some more. You know how you said you can hit it with flexibility? My right side is my weak side so I'm going to start utilizing it heavily on my right side to even out my guard and allow more mobility for my hips.

Thanks and good luck! You don't need flexibility for the Williams Guard at all, but it definitely helps!

Yes. Gambledub, your Williams Guard thread is the bjj equivalent of, I don't know, like a prime Lisa Bonet, Scarlett Johanson, and Raquel Welch releasing a triple x scene.

OK, bad analogy. You get my point.

Yes. Gambledub, your Williams Guard thread is the bjj equivalent of, I don't know, like a prime Lisa Bonet, Scarlett Johanson, and Raquel Welch releasing a triple x scene.

OK, bad analogy. You get my point.

haha legit lol'd at that.

No. It's because JohnSouth has been an ass in a ton of threads. Not once, but many. He has likely blantantly insulted half the people on f12.

The guy has minimal grappling skill but comes to these uneducated experiences counter to many seasoned grapplers, most of whom atleast have competed. He says he is fairly resistant to being taken down. How has he come to this conclusion? A couple of judo classes.

He is getting a small dose of it back. This would be equivalent to the guy who runs their mouth before class and on social media, then is forced repeatedly to tap more than usual and in painful ways.

Back