Spending A Lot Of Money On A Wedding

My wife and I got married for $300. We've been happily married for 6 years so far. Just do something small. Waste your time and money after you've been married 10 years and then have a huge anniversary party. Any retard can get married these days, but staying together for 10 years is an accomplishment.

No offense, but this sounds like something a poor person would say.

Your friend and his fiance should sit down and figure out a budget of what they can afford (or are willing to afford) plus whatever money their families can contribute and go from there. Your friend shouldn't freak out that his wife is "planning" the wedding and the cost is already adding up, unless she's booking and paying for stuff already. My wife would look at all sorts of crazy expensive stuff but then we'd pick and choose what to splurge a bit on and what to go cheap(er) on.

In my opinion the most important things to spend a good amount of money on are the food and the photographer. You can cut corners pretty much everywhere else but bad food and bad pictures suck.

It's up to the couple, it's their day. Let them do what they want.

7k is absolutely nothing. Mine was pretty expensive and we paid for it ourselves. I rationalize it that its a once in a lifetime thing. No do overs on it and you want it to be nice. I don't regret it one bit.

7k is pretty good. I could have sworn I heard on the radio the other day that the average cost of a wedding right now is 30k.

it doesn't matter how much is costs as long he doesn't go into debt paying for the wedding.. if he's stressing about 7k.. maybe he's not financially ready to get married.. set a budget and stick to it.. it's not that hard..

my dad told my sister that her budget was 10,000 from day one, she never went over it at all

she took care of everything and got everything as cheap as she could, and still had money left over for a fondue fountain and all that crap

honestly, the most I remember about the night was having a lot of conversations with people I haven't seen in a while. the idea that the fondue fountain (or any of the nice catering, whatever) would make the night that much better is pretty retarded if you ask me.

The speeches given at the reception and actually seeing my sister get married was way more of an experience than the super nice wedding I went to where the dad had spent atleast 10,000 on just the fireworks show after the reception

I know of people that paid 7K for the flower arrangements.

It's ridiculous. We had a family-only wedding in a park at the beach. Ten people total! Then we all went to dinner. Done! Total cost about a grand.

What was amazing was how many friends and extended family bitched about not getting invited and took it way too personal. I think some of them still resent us to this day. So stupid.

My wedding is probably considered a cheap wedding by most.

We did the venue in our backyard so no expense there.
We paid about $500 for flower arrangements
We paid about $1000 to the photographer
We paid $5000 for the reception venue and food
Wife paid $1000 for her dress
I rented a nice suit for $150 I believe.

I've never really totaled it all before so I'm sure I'm forgetting plenty of stuff (and my wife took care of most of the planning). But from my estimate $7650. But I think by the end of everything it was closer to $10,000.

It's ridiculous. We had a family-only wedding in a park at the beach. Ten people total! Then we all went to dinner. Done! Total cost about a grand.

What was amazing was how many friends and extended family bitched about not getting invited and took it way too personal. I think some of them still resent us to this day. So stupid.

That is every wedding. I have people that won't talk to me because they didn't get invited to the ceremony. We had reserved our Ceremony for immediate family only because we wanted a small wedding and but big reception. And even though it was immediate family only (our parents and siblings) some people still got all bent out of shape that they weren't invited. But I kind of liked that because at the end of the day it revealed people that I want to cut out of my life permanently.

Its the biggest fkn racket(sp?) going.
Several thousand for a photographer to work 4 hours and take digital pics.
Couple grand to play music.
Fkrs are making 500 an hour because women have been brainwashed that their self worth is determined by a ceremony. Every service provider in the industry knows this and engage in price fixing because they know its gauging season.

All that said, ill be spending at least 15 in a year or so

Want a happy marriage? Have a big, cheap wedding

A new study found that couples who spend less on their wedding tend to have longer-lasting marriages than those who splurge. The study, by two economics professors at Emory University, found a similar correlation between less-expensive engagement rings and lower divorce rates.

Specifically, the study found that women whose wedding cost more than $20,000 divorced at a rate roughly 1.6 times higher than women whose wedding cost between $5,000 and $10,000. And couples who spent $1,000 or less on their big day had a lower than average rate of divorce.

Weddings are stupid anyways.

Man I'd be doing back flips right now if my wedding was 7k. I'm taking the plunge in September and struggling to keep it at $40k. Paying for the whole thing myself, too, so I'm especially sensitive to the price.

Man I'd be doing back flips right now if my wedding was 7k. I'm taking the plunge in September and struggling to keep it at $40k. Paying for the whole thing myself, too, so I'm especially sensitive to the price.

Why are so many people failing to see that the end cost of the wedding is not 7k? The cost is at 7k after 4 days of planning.

Also paying 40k for a wedding out of your own pocket is ridiculous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back