Spending A Lot Of Money On A Wedding

why the fuck do ppl spend so much money on a wedding? Is it to please others, or are you just naturally shallow?

I will probably never get married (unless she's rich), but by god do I love weddings. A ton of buddies, free booze, chance of hot bridesmaids.......what's not to like? Hell, I got naked during the last wedding I went to (reception).

Just tell your buddy he's better off spending it on this and having an awesome night, because when they get divorced she's gonna take half his shit anyways, and this way he has way less to take.

Omg, you're so crazy!!!

why the fuck do ppl spend so much money on a wedding? Is it to please others, or are you just naturally shallow?

A lot of women have it in their mind from a young age that they need a huge expensive wedding in order for their life to be complete. Those women tend to have vaginas, which is why men pay for those huge expensive weddings.

Banging one girl over and over year after year just takes the fun out of banging imo, so I don't really see it.

lol 7k is 1k short of how much it cost for me and my fiance to book our venue

we fully expect our wedding to run up to like 18 maybe 20k..if your friend is capable of setting a budget, using excel, and generally having any sense about him he should be fine

lol 7k is 1k short of how much it cost for me and my fiance to book our venue

we fully expect our wedding to run up to like 18 maybe 20k..if your friend is capable of setting a budget, using excel, and generally having any sense about him he should be fine

Congratz on being the 100th idiot who read the original post wrong.

Congratz on being the 100th idiot who read the original post wrong.

to answer your question and not discuss wedding planning/budgeting as everyone else has...

a wedding day isn't a sham. your buddy is just the 1 millionth idiot to hand over complete wedding control over to his wife only to start panicking when he realizes he hasn't done any homework on costs or budgeting

I worked in the wedding industry for 7 years. No matter how big or small the wedding was, the couple always remembers it the same. The best most fun day of their life.

A lot of women have it in their mind from a young age that they need a huge expensive wedding in order for their life to be complete. Those women tend to have vaginas, which is why men pay for those huge expensive weddings.

Banging one girl over and over year after year just takes the fun out of banging imo, so I don't really see it.

Posts like this remind how many children post on this forum.

I guess it's better to spend it upfront than leave for her to take in divorce:)

....he's pretty much letting her plan the whole thing at his expense ...

uhmmm THIS would be advice NUMBER ONE of things NOT TO DO when you get married... before, after, during NEVER just FUCKING NEVER

Dude should pull the wifey-to-be aside and give her a budget.

I can't think of a worse possible way to blow 7k.

the thing is it's a big a day, it's a chance to throw a big party for all your friends and family and thank them for the support over the years.

$7000 is peanuts, he should be happy it's not $25K+

You also get a SHIT LOAD of gifts and money, so if you're young and starting out, you can literally outfit your house with all this shit you'd hate to spend you own money on - dishes, good coffee makers, vitamix etc.

Poor reading comprehension was exposed ITT.

personally I can't wait for his next thread that reads:

"My friend is pretty beat up and upset... his fiance and him are splitting up because she ran up the cost of the wedding to 20 thousand! He never stepped in to try and get control of the costs, budget, be actively involved, or do anything whatsoever regarding the wedding preparation but its her fault for being such a fackin bitch!

anyways, do you guys think a dog will cheer up my friend in this trying time?"

Actually, in my experience, you end up with a much cheaper wedding if your goal is to please others. Why? Because no one cares what dress the bride wears, no one cares where your ceremony is held, no one cares how fancy the flower arrangement looks and how great your wedding photographer is, no one cares if you showed up in a limo etc.

People only care about 3 things A) Is there decent food B) is it open bar and C) is there good music to dance to.

So if you want people to leave saying they loved your wedding, that is where you put the money and that stuff is cheaper than everything else. Especially if you get people what they really want, because no - one wants some gourmet fish meal served over coucous. We served all appetizers at our wedding (eg. sliders, chicken wings, jalapeno poppers, etc). People seemed to love it, they ate it all!

Back