South Dakota nurse says many dying patients still insist COVID-19 'not real'

Yea dude, I'm well aware. Are you impacted by that? Maybe you are, and if so, then I apologize for my post. However, it seems to me that the 'suffering' most of us are doing is wearing masks and awkwardly trying to stay 6 feet apart at the grocery store.
I'm suffering through a lot of War Room posts I read. I was also doing that before Covid-19, though.

I'm 30. He was 87.
Sorry to hear that dude.

I spent 10 minutes tonight calculating the rate of mortality by age group using government data here in Quebec. The mortality rate for ages 80-89 is 27.8%. For ages 90 and higher it's 35.1%. So much for "99%" survival rate. Yes, for ages under 40, it is practically 100%, but this just shows the effect the virus has on our senior populations.

This is an absolute disaster for our nation.

Hospitals are at capacity, and have been. In July my grandma broke her hip and legs in a fall. She sat in an ER bed for 3 days because no hospitals in our county or neighboring counties had an open bed.

My gf is a surgery nurse and her hospital is no longer scheduling surgeries because they have no beds to put people in after surgery.
The problem is that its not like the first wave where it was all concentrated in New York.

its spread out everywhere so you can fly nurses in all of those places

hiya cincymma79,

for me, its been sort of educational. i haven't followed the COVID stories closely.

its interesting to me to know that people like the folks dying in the OP actually exist. the POTUS, whatever else one might say, has inspired an incredible degree of faith.

- IGIT
There are multiple people on here that think that doctors are hiding the cure to cancer, the earth is flat, and so on. Blaming trump is absurd

Dustin Johnson just won the Masters with Covid. The Braves had the MVP after Covid. Ronaldo scored two goals after Covid.

Great one off hearsay anecdote. Great thread. 10/10

"Dustin Johnson is proof no one dies of COVID!" - Drooling Idiot

They needed oxygen and both got emergency vaccines that arent in the market

They wouldve died if they were any other American

Lol. They got vaccines?

Oooffffff. Just stop QueenBot

Yes. We I’ll all get air lifted and pumped with stem cells lol.

Covid is a real thing, get over it.
ahhhhhh.

So there is a cure for fat disgusting slobs.... It's just because derp derp stem cells and helicopters?

Deep state much?

This is an absolute disaster for our nation.

Hospitals are at capacity, and have been. In July my grandma broke her hip and legs in a fall. She sat in an ER bed for 3 days because no hospitals in our county or neighboring counties had an open bed.

My gf is a surgery nurse and her hospital is no longer scheduling surgeries because they have no beds to put people in after surgery.
Word? Maybe those nurses need some bootstraps to toughen them up. Well that’s the sentiment a lot of posters have.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...many-dying-patients-still-insist-covid-19-not

"It wasn't one particular patient, it's just a culmination of so many people,"..."And their last, dying words are, 'This can't be happening. It's not real.' "

"People want it to be influenza, they want it to be pneumonia," Doering said. "We've even had people say, 'You know, I think it might be lung cancer.' ... Even after positive results come back, some people just don't believe it."

Doering said multiple patients target nurses like her with their "anger and hatred."

"They call you names and ask why you have to wear all that 'stuff' because they don't have COVID because it's not real,"

Doering also noted on Twitter that some patients argue with her that President-elect Joe Biden "is going to ruin the USA."

Welcome to Post-Truth America. Where not even lying on your deathbed will give you the lucidity needed to admit you were wrong. We've probably all heard stories of people who were dying or thought they were dying having some sort of epiphany. Realizing the error of their ways. These people appear immune to introspection. Not immune to Covid-19 though.

Denial is a very normal reaction to shocking negative news. No need to make everything political.

There are multiple people on here that think that doctors are hiding the cure to cancer, the earth is flat, and so on. Blaming trump is absurd

hiya cincy,

i'm not really blaming him. i'm giving him credit.

the degree of faith he has inspired his kind of incredible to me.

- IGIT

“Suffer” lol. Yeah dude I’m in a horrible struggle working from home and playing my poverty ps4 like a third worlder.
We're actually better off this year due to all the money we're saving just on gas alone (no more commute), not to mention the time gains. But I also realize I'm in a fortunate position, my job can be easily done from home, all our work computers have been laptops for at least 10 years anyway. But I do realize that some people are struggling due to the effects of the lockdown, and I don't want to belittle that. But at the same time, I feel like a lot 'suffering' going on is just minor inconveniences. So sure, if you're a small business owner looking at bankruptcy right now, I feel for you and that can be classified as 'suffering'. But if 'suffering' here means having to wear a mask and getting fat because you can't figure out how to do a proper home workout, that's an entirely different story.

hiya cincy,

i'm not really blaming him. i'm giving him credit.

the degree of faith he has inspired his kind of incredible to me.

- IGIT
When did Trump tell people covid wasn't real

At least they won't be voting in any more elections. Yeah, I said it.

To my conservative friends:

I am with you on so many issues. While a moderate, you can see by my posts on other topics that I absolutely lean right on most things. But...you guys are just mostly wrong on the issue of this virus. Not because we should have some sort of national lockdown (I don't think we should) but because you are using anecdotal stories of survival and other silly tactics to try to show that this virus is essentially meaningless. It isn't.

The survival rate IS of course very high among all but the elderly and those with serious previous health issues. But that survival rate is also assuming that there's available proactive health care (see: room in the hospital and ventilators) for those who need it. My state was in a good spot throughout most of the summer. And then...we weren't. Things have exploded here, and we are approaching 90% capacity for available beds. In some areas, it's 100% and people are being shipped to wherever they can find room. But we're setting records every day for cases, hospitalizations, and deaths. These aren't some cooked up numbers either. Hospitals make BANK doing elective surgeries, why the fuck would they cancel them for less profitable Covid cases if they didn't need to??

I'm telling you guys, you sound stupid when you act like masks are some huge assault on your freedom. Or when you claim Covid is just a cold. For SOME people sure that's all it amounts to. But the human body is complicated, body chemistry differs, and even healthy people are needing hospitalization in some cases.

No, this isn't the end of days. No, we don't need to shut the entire country down and never leave our homes. People just need to use common sense. In my area, I'm back to essentially self quarantine because of how bad it is here. Will make essential trips, otherwise it's back to Zoom for a bit. Had a great summer of golf and some in person congregating but shit went south fast. That doesn't mean someone in another part of the country that's doing much better needs to do this. Know where you are, what's going on, and use common sense based on that.

I could keep going but it will end up as War and Peace so I'll stop. I know this will likely fall on deaf ears. But I gotta try...

Back