Sorry Rose fans, she is NEVER going to beat Andrade

Rose was slowing down for sure

Andrade punches started landing and she was closing the distance alot easier

She was beating up roses legs with those kicks

I personally think she was on her way to breaking rose with that pace and pressure

Rose is the most skilled wmma fighter we’ve ever seen. She doesn’t fight like a girl she fights like a dude. I think she brutalizes Jessica in a rematch.

I definitely saw the tide turning in round 2. Jessica was starting to break her down. I think it was just a matter of time till she got in and started landing the heavy shots on route to a TKO. Then the slam came.

i picked andrade to destroy and retire rose just the way she did because andrade is a horrible match-up for rose...but i could see rose winning the first three rounds and getting a decision, maybe even a sub early

Rose is the most skilled wmma fighter we’ve ever seen. She doesn’t fight like a girl she fights like a dude. I think she brutalizes Jessica in a rematch.

Nunes is more skilled. But Rose is among.

But I don't see her beating Andrade in a rematch. She hit her with everything she had and in the 2nd round it was already turning against her.

Rose was beating the fuck out of her, regardless of the stats. Andrade is not in the same class and that slam wasn’t all luck but for her to get out of the fight with a W like that it certainly was.

Rose was beating the fuck out of her, regardless of the stats. Andrade is not in the same class and that slam wasn’t all luck but for her to get out of the fight with a W like that it certainly was.

You have to beat the fuck out of someone enough to finish them, or do it for 5 rounds.

Rose can't do either to Andrade.

If Rose and her team comes up with another answer to the takedown other than the kimura, she'll beat Andrade senseless just like she was doing in the first round.

she only deserves a rematch if she grows her hair back

Rose just looks like she doesn’t want to and doesn’t enjoy fighting.
And if your head isn’t in the game then competing with that mindset will only get you hurt.
I’m not saying Rose isn’t a good fighter. She’s fantastic.
However I don’t think her getting KOd by the slam was a mental mistake. Props to Andrade for that one. I just think with Roses current mentality and fall from the top, it will be very difficult for her to bounce back.

Nunes is more skilled. But Rose is among.

But I don't see her beating Andrade in a rematch. She hit her with everything she had and in the 2nd round it was already turning against her.
I see Nunes and rose as on the same level of SKILL. Physically Nunes is the best fighter wmma has seen. Her size athleticism and skill make her the best female fighter ever imo. However I think pure technical skill it’s rose by a cunt hair. I definitely think a hungry rose dominates Andrade. But if rose comes out flat it would be much of the same.

You have to beat the fuck out of someone enough to finish them, or do it for 5 rounds.

Rose can't do either to Andrade.
I agree with this.
The whole argument “Rose was winning until the slam” doesn’t matter.
Rose can be beating Andrade up for 5rds, but if Jessica knocks Rose out with 10secs left...she wins she is the better fighter that night.
Not to mention Andrade is a terrible matchup for Rose.

It was not a fluke slam, it was a bad decision/defense by Rose. Rose beat Rose. Rose just needs to learn how to defend that slam properly or just get slammed onto her back then fight off her back. Her grappling skills is good enough to not be in any trouble.

Motivated Rose > Andrade 10/10

Anyone who chooses the name “igotahugepeckah” not only doesn’t have a huge pecker, but isn’t a good judge of one mentally breaking. Anyone who has sherdogged for a few years knows that.
Oh come on. He definitely has a huge peckah.
And you definitely have ptsd.
There are not levels to this.

I don’t know if she’d never beat Andrade, but stylistically it’s not a good matchup for her. So many people are completely ignoring that Andrade kept putting on the pressure in the second round, and it was getting to Rose.

Rose falters at two things:
Pressure fighters
Clinch fighting

Andrade ipexcels at both. Always, those low kicks were taking their toll, as well.

I see a lot of people calling for a rematch, pointing out that she dominated Andrade in the first round (which is true), and saying she got caught with a lucky slam (which is false). It's a cute idea, but these people really don't understand fighting.

Rose started to break mentally in the 2nd round. Sherdoggers who have watched MMA for more than a couple of years could see it. She even admitted it in her post fight interview, saying something along the lines of being "mentally exhausted", leading to her making the mistake and getting slammed.

Andrade was making her uncomfortable by putting on the pressure and coming forward. She was starting to land shots, including some good leg kicks, and it demoralized Rose because she hit Andrade with the kitchen sink and she was still coming after her. We've seen this kind of indominable spirit break all sorts of fighters over the years, male and female, MMA and boxing.

Andrade is simply a beast who is going to keep coming no matter what. Joanna had the mental stamina and focus to deal with that for 5 rounds. Rose doesn't, plain and simple. If they fight 10 times, Rose will probably win 10 round 1's. But Andrade's pressure will get to Rose every time. She has a great argument for being the most skilled/well rounded WMMA fighter we've seen, but she just lacks the mental game.

536589.jpg

We are going to have the revolving door scenario much like we had at bantamweight.
Cruz > TJ
Cody > Cruz
TJ > Cody
And on and on it went.
Joanna > Jessica
Rose > Joanna
Jessica > Rose
Joanna > Jessica
Rose > Joanna
:eek:
Joanna's new implants are going to make the weight cut at Strawweight even worse than before, I wouldn't be surprised if she got knocked out again.

Back