Sorry Rose fans, she is NEVER going to beat Andrade

IGotAHugePeckah

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I see a lot of people calling for a rematch, pointing out that she dominated Andrade in the first round (which is true), and saying she got caught with a lucky slam (which is false). It's a cute idea, but these people really don't understand fighting.

Rose started to break mentally in the 2nd round. Sherdoggers who have watched MMA for more than a couple of years could see it. She even admitted it in her post fight interview, saying something along the lines of being "mentally exhausted", leading to her making the mistake and getting slammed.

Andrade was making her uncomfortable by putting on the pressure and coming forward. She was starting to land shots, including some good leg kicks, and it demoralized Rose because she hit Andrade with the kitchen sink and she was still coming after her. We've seen this kind of indominable spirit break all sorts of fighters over the years, male and female, MMA and boxing.

Andrade is simply a beast who is going to keep coming no matter what. Joanna had the mental stamina and focus to deal with that for 5 rounds. Rose doesn't, plain and simple. If they fight 10 times, Rose will probably win 10 round 1's. But Andrade's pressure will get to Rose every time. She has a great argument for being the most skilled/well rounded WMMA fighter we've seen, but she just lacks the mental game.

A slam like that is not lucky no, but you can't say that Rose was mentally breaking. She made an error in judgment and in hindsight should have let go of the slam, but she was winning the fight and doing it pretty easily. I wouldn't be surprised if she won the rematch, she went 5 hard rounds with Joanna and won so I wouldn't call her mentally weak.

That slam is more flukey then Silva's fluke leg injuries. Rose would win 9/10 rematches.

Andrade was making her uncomfortable by putting on the pressure and coming forward. She was starting to land shots, including some good leg kicks, and it demoralized Rose because she hit Andrade with the kitchen sink and she was still coming after her.

WelcomeInexperiencedEstuarinecrocodile-size_restricted.gif

Whatever you say, buddy!

See Cain v. JDS trilogy.

Last edited:
I got Andrade to win since this fight was scheduled. BUT, although the slam was not lucky and Andrade was choping Rose's legs pretty bad - and I agree she started to turn the tables because of that allied with her insane pressure -, the ending was totally unexpected, we can't deny that. Because of this, I really don't see a reason for denying a rematch. It will depend of UFC more than Jéssica, for sure, because I am one hundred percent positive that Jéssica wouldn't deny a rematch.

WelcomeInexperiencedEstuarinecrocodile-size_restricted.gif

Whatever you say, buddy! Andrade won fair and square but we all know Rose could easily win and perhaps finish Andrade in a rematch.

See Cain v. JDS trilogy.
A more motivated Rose would have finished Jessica right there.

We didn't see either fighter pushed anywhere close to their limit enough to make this kind of presumption. You're basing an argument on very tenuous ground.

A more motivated Rose would have finished Jessica right there.
Is this like my "motivated Yoel with an energetic spirit" theory?

I thought we saw a great fight with a crazy finish. It's wild how many people seem to think Rose was done before the slam, they're trying to paint a picture where she was already finished and looking for away out. I guess you can convince yourself to see whatever you want to see.

I see a lot of people calling for a rematch, pointing out that she dominated Andrade in the first round (which is true), and saying she got caught with a lucky slam (which is false). It's a cute idea, but these people really don't understand fighting.

Rose started to break mentally in the 2nd round. Sherdoggers who have watched MMA for more than a couple of years could see it. She even admitted it in her post fight interview, saying something along the lines of being "mentally exhausted", leading to her making the mistake and getting slammed.

Andrade was making her uncomfortable by putting on the pressure and coming forward. She was starting to land shots, including some good leg kicks, and it demoralized Rose because she hit Andrade with the kitchen sink and she was still coming after her. We've seen this kind of indominable spirit break all sorts of fighters over the years, male and female, MMA and boxing.

Andrade is simply a beast who is going to keep coming no matter what. Joanna had the mental stamina and focus to deal with that for 5 rounds. Rose doesn't, plain and simple. If they fight 10 times, Rose will probably win 10 round 1's. But Andrade's pressure will get to Rose every time. She has a great argument for being the most skilled/well rounded WMMA fighter we've seen, but she just lacks the mental game.
Your fukking avatar pic is so disturbing

Usually when you get finished in a round or two, people don't cry out for a rematch.

This was different though: Rose was the better fighter and made a mistake. There's no one out there who would bet significant amounts of money on Rose not winning a rematch.

Add to that, Andrade looks like she's been using.
How was she the better fighter? Rose was the better striker and Jesica the better grappler, one was able to finish the fight with her style, the other don't.

She might never fight her again. She might lose in a rematch.

But the slam leading to a KO was lucky. And it depended on Rose holding the submission. That was the entirity of the success Andrade had against Rose.

If they were to fight again, how do you think Andrade could win other than a one-punch/slam/kick, etc scenario? Rose is just better.

That fight taught us that being better doesn't mean anything if your opponent gets a good break.

No offense to Andrade. She's a beast and I'm a fan.

Anyone who chooses the name “igotahugepeckah” not only doesn’t have a huge pecker, but isn’t a good judge of one mentally breaking. Anyone who has sherdogged for a few years knows that.

People still calling things with utmost certainty and finality in this sport <Lmaoo>

Rose made a mistake but it wasn't a fluke and honestly I saw it coming after Rose's long layoff.

I thought Andrade would be a champion one day years ago.

It would take Rose getting her head back in the game to win and for that to happen she has to fall back in love with fame. IF that happens Rose can beat Andrade.

Literally the only mistake Rose made was hanging on during the slam...that's it. Rose lost, no doubt, but Jessica got a golden horse shoe up her ass.

Yeah rose shouldn’t get a rematch at Andrade any time soon, maybe if she wins two or 3 more fights she could deserve that rematch if Andrade still has the belt.

I appreciate your analysis but I think you are wrong, Rose wins 8/10. The slam however ended in a fluke KO, if you think anything else I don't know what to say.

Back