Sonnen vs TBD on UFC.com - UPDATED

It says "None of the reports regarding Wand, Vitor, & Chael are complete" on UFC twitter so.

I still don't how some Sherdoggers are making Chael out to be the bad guy in all of this.

Did what he was supposed to do for the fight against Wand. And then accepted a fight with Vitor. Not sure what else he could have done.

Ah fuck! That card was gonna be awesome

The second they announced Vitor as the replacement, I pulled out my trusty tinfoil hat. Couldn't help to think this was a move to kill two birds with one stone. But I don't think it starts now with website changes as the hearing isn't until June.

Of all people that they announce for a major fight in Nevada? The one man that has the biggest hill to climb to get licensed in Nevada. The first ever LHW match for the MW #1 contender spot was a pretty neat spin though. The whole thing just smells.

If this fight falls through I'll be a whole lot more upset than I was about the Wand fight

Dana needs to send some hookers and blow over to the NVAC to make sure that Belfort gets the "all clear"

It's very clear the UFC knows what it's doing.

Personally, I honestly can't believe they're even risking putting Vitor in there no matter if the fight happens or not. It could go from an embarrassingly bad situation, to an epic catastrophe that will only bring a gigantic headache.

I really hope there is some type of open media coverage on what exactly the AC is doing to verify Vitor's eligibility, and find out exactly what type of testing they will be conducting on him, because I'm sure it will be interesting.

Last edited:
Why bother? We all know Chael is gonna fight Maldonado at UFC 175.

Belfort's licensing hearing is scheduled for June 17th.
UFC can't confirm the fight till then.

Back