Sonnen vs TBD on UFC.com - UPDATED

I've seen multiple people posting he is a cheater and just as bad and badmouthing Chael. I also see people saying Chael was obviously happy Wand pulled out because he was so scared (obvious trolls).

Im a massive Wand fan and I have zero issues with Chael or his number 1 contendership shot.

Im a massive Wand fan and I have zero issues with Chael or his number 1 contendership shot.

I actually don't like Chael or Vitor getting the next shot, and I am obviously a Chael fan.

With that said this fight is very interesting, they needed a replacement, and Vitor was already the #1 contender so beating him and taking his #1 contender spot from him won't make cry too much.

I think Chael poses a threat to Weidman and Machida, but would pick both to beat him.

I think the NSAC are trying to enforce Vitor's last failed drug test and looking for a way to do it.

That could possibly be it. Has there been confirmation that the random drug test he took resulted as a failure?

I now appreciate Chael P Sonnen even more.. The guy doesn't care who he fights or what weight class= He shows up like a true man.

That could possibly be it. Has there been confirmation that the random drug test he took resulted as a failure?

No that is the problem it's a HIPAA violation. If he took the Weidman fight it got released, if he did not then it can't be. The only one who can release it is Vitor, and he refuses to do so. They were very upset at being unable to release it and said in the future they are looking at how to fix that. I think that is part of this.

Although iirc Vitor did actually admit he failed, but said it was a TRT thing. When the interviewer probed him on it Vitor's wife said he was not answering and ended the interview.

No that is the problem it's a HIPAA violation. If he took the Weidman fight it got released, if he did not then it can't be. The only one who can release it is Vitor, and he refuses to do so. They were very upset at being unable to release it and said in the future they are looking at how to fix that. I think that is part of this.

Although iirc Vitor did actually admit he failed, but said it was a TRT thing. When the interviewer probed him on it Vitor's wife said he was not answering and ended the interview.

Damn... pretty sketchy to say the least. Maybe his levels were over the limit and he hadn't gotten them to the appropriate levels? I don't know, I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt here but it's difficult.

Damn... pretty sketchy to say the least. Maybe his levels were over the limit and he hadn't gotten them to the appropriate levels? I don't know, I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt here but it's difficult.

Clearly, Vitor had TRT confused with "using steroids to my heart's content"

The people who were legitimately taking TRT through the AC had to submit blood tests to guarantee their absolute testosterone levels were still within the normal range.

Clearly, Vitor had TRT confused with "using steroids to my heart's content"

The people who were legitimately taking TRT through the AC had to submit blood tests to guarantee their absolute testosterone levels were still within the normal range.

That's true, isn't that what Hendo had to do? He never had any sketchy post-fight drug test results or anything.

Fucking Vitor...

What is going on??? Weidman vs Vitor is good as is Weidman vs Lyoto. Chael vs Wanderlei should be the match to make.

I still don't how some Sherdoggers are making Chael out to be the bad guy in all of this.

Did what he was supposed to do for the fight against Wand. And then accepted a fight with Vitor. Not sure what else he could have done.

Sherdog, sure, dog

It's impossible to. All he had to do was release the results saying I was on TRT, and these results prove I was on TRT and not over the normal range of Test. Everyone would support him. Instead he knows everyone considers him a cheater and he just says the results are "not relevant" because he pulled out of the fight.

Then add in he pulled out because he said his body could not be ready to fight Weidman in time .. except .. he is fighting Chael on the SAME card as Machida / Weidman are fighting.

What is going on??? Weidman vs Vitor is good as is Weidman vs Lyoto. Chael vs Wanderlei should be the match to make.

I don't think Wanderlei wants to fight Chael, man. It's the right match-up, but I just don't see it happening with how uncooperative Wanderlei is.

When they came to drug test Wanderlei he ran out of the gym. They followed him out the door he used and he kept running. That counts as a failed drug test.

It has also comeout that Wand never even applied for a license to fight.

This was the fight I was extremely excited for .. I am pissed at Wand for ruining it, again.

It's impossible to. All he had to do was release the results saying I was on TRT, and these results prove I was on TRT and not over the normal range of Test. Everyone would support him. Instead he knows everyone considers him a cheater and he just says the results are "not relevant" because he pulled out of the fight.

Then add in he pulled out because he said his body could not be ready to fight Weidman in time .. except .. he is fighting Chael on the SAME card as Machida / Weidman are fighting.

Pretty much as conclusive as it can get. Weidman/Belfort was a great fight, it's pretty shitty that it's most likely not going to happen.

Doubt he'll be licensed to fight in Nevada if that's the case.

no body want to fight the gangster

War Chael

Back