Movies Sonic the Hedgehog Movie (New Trailer with Redesigned Sonic)

I was going to say, I'm torn- on the one hand, I'm really glad that Carrey is back in a movie. On the other hand, I wish he could have returned in something that looks better than this.

Still, who knows. It could wind up being entertaining.

I certainly won't be going to the cinema to watch it but if it doesn't get universally panned, I'll stream it. Ace Ventura 2 is still one of my favourite comedies and I'm yet to see Jim in a movie where he doesn't make me laugh.

giphy.gif

I hope this marks Jim's glorious return to slapstick comedy.

Jack Black as Robotnik? Better choice?

That fat fuck doesn't have enough acting in him to play a villain. A fat fuck is his go-to typecast/only-thing-he-can-do scenario.

His best role was being tied to a palm tree begging to suck alpa cino's dick.

I cringed so hard my asshole collapsed in on itself. That was terribly, hilariously bad.
<36>

I never liked the character. The design for this looks creepy and retarded. It has Jim tho.

His legs look creepy as fuck.

needs more Will Smith imo

I feel strange after watching that. It looks straight out of the 90s minus the CG. I'll probably watch it sometime after it comes out on video. I figure it'll be bad but possibly entertaining enough to sit through.

Maybe I'm missing something but gangster's Paradise seems like a strange song choice for the trailer or Sonic in general.

Looks like the original was designed by a young college graduate (probably female) that had only ever seen Sonic a few times imo.

EEA9xAn_d.jpg

Also, play with sound:

Sonic design needs altering, but you're nuts if you think some nobody would be better than A lister, comedy great Jim Carrey as Robotnik.

Sherdog amateur film critics:

'Oh my God Carrey isn't fat like computer game version, he'll be terrible'

These same geniuses thought Bane shoulda been played by a roided 7 foot BB instead of professional actor and Oscar nominated Tom Hardy in DKR.

Looks bad. Not gonna pay for the ticket. It is a childrens movie.

Back