Something I did not know about Volkanovski

He didn't play Rugby[rugby union], he played League,[rugby league] they are different games.

In countries where these games are played, when someone refers to 'rugby' most people automatically know they are talking about the sport, rugby union.[the famous NZ national team, the All Blacks, are a 'rugby' team, in other words a 'rugby union' team.]

Volkinovski played 'rugby league' which is generally shortened to just 'League.' Hardly anyone refers to rugby league as 'rugby,' they refer to it as 'League.'

Historically, Rugby Union was originally played in private schools, while Rugby League had it's origins with the 'working class.'

*I mentioned the NZ national rugby team, the All Blacks. Their playing uniform is all BLACK. The NZ national football [soccer] side is referred to as the All Whites. Thats because their playing strip is all WHITE.
However, now it looks like the All Whites are going to change their name because of.....................racial connotations! Wow, what a surprize!

https://www.nativenewspost.com/news/sports/nz-considering-removing-all-whites-nickname/

The dude played rugby at 214 pounds! Holy shit. That's insane. How did I miss this. Casual confirmed. Geez.

10.jpeg

No wonder he shaved his head. His hairline looked like absolute shit even back then. I wonder if he's been maintaining it with Rogaine through the years and realized recently that he lost the battle.

You watch the fights w/ live commentary??? Gross.
it's stupid not to.

Sometimes they are giving information you will not be able to have by watching with the sound off like some kind of dork.

Imagine watching Shane Mosely vs Antonio Margarito without the commentary. You'd never know that Margarito tried to use illegal hand wraps,and had just got caught right before the fight.

He is a macedonian phalanx warrior, 1.7m with a 6m spear, ready to take on a elephant.
Has to be built like a tank.

Reactions: HHJ
Back