Some won't understand but Gall got exposed last night

The Accuser

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Sage made a critical error due to lack of experience and ducked for a takedown when he should have straightened up knowing he has nothing for Gall on the ground. But before that costly mistake he clipped Gall a few times and might have got the finish later in the round. In short: Gall's striking got exposed badly.

Other mistake by Sage, he was dancing around too much, taunting, when he was in no position to do so. Hopefully not low fight iq but just lack of experience.

Well, it's his fourth professional fight. Weaknesses are to be expected. He still dropped a striker.

Gall hit sage right above the ear and dropped him. Sage was rocked, panicked and went for a takedown. Then Gall took the back and finished him quick, no problem.

Gall looked great, he's got a bright future, especially if he can make 155.

It was his first fight against someone with a career win.

His striking was exposed? It was never supposed to be any kind of good. This fight just showed us who was worst, not who should even belong in the UFC.

lol wtf ts, Gall is a fucking stud. hes making it look easy albeit against low comp, hes ready for a jump in competition. Dude is exciting and his transitions are phenominal.

I wasn't impressed. Slow, hitable and how good is his ground game really? Difficult to tell considering I've only seen him against the two worst ground fighters not named James Toney in UFC history

That punch was pretty lucky by Gall, he swung for the fences and wasn't even looking at Sage.

Gall hit sage right above the ear and dropped him. Sage was rocked, panicked and went for a takedown. Then Gall took the back and finished him quick, no problem.

Gall looked great, he's got a bright future, especially if he can make 155.

He is pretty skinny at 170, I very much doubt he can make 155 consistently at 6'2.

"His striking got exposed!"

You mean the BJJ purple belt who's RNC'd every opponent, and who just recently got an actual striking coach, needs work on his striking? How shocking.

exposed? he's a novice..... you cant expose a novice

he is nothing but potential at present, but last night showed his inexperience more than it "exposed" him

I don't know what you mean by exposed. It's common knowledge that Gall is mostly BJJ guy. He only got 2 fights under his belt.

It was his first time facing someone capable of fighting back. Of course he still has a lot to work on.

Gall did well. He fought a guy with decent standup and speed, took some expected hits, and still won the fight.

Clearly he needs work on his feet, but he's pretty damn good on the ground and he's got decent and (most importantly) improvable standup.

There are many fighters in the UFC who have worst standup than Mickey Gall.

Sage should stop using his uneffective sidekicks

Back