So, why do you do it????

What "regular people" don't understand is that fighting is the reward. The reward for hundreds of hours of training. For dieting. For running (which I hate but do anyway). The reward for thousands of bruises, for dozens of broken bones, for fat lips, bloody noses, black eyes. Fighting is the reward for doing what "regular people" can't and won't do.

Fighting is the time when we get to test our will against another and rejoice in victory or defeat knowing that more sacrifice is waiting on the other side of the fight.

:icon_cry2 Makes me tear up a little inside...Good post.

1. Getting in shape
2. Confidence
3. Allows me to live my life without fear or anxiety ...yea i went through a period where i thought everyone is trying to get me

No particular order:

1. stress relief... I take it to the gym, which is my sanctuary.

2. never been in such great shape in my life... I only enjoy intense workouts with tons of adrenaline

3. there's a lot of technique, thinking, and focusing involved... just about any other workout is boring compared to this.

4. It shows a deep side of you... you can tell a lot about a person by watching them in the gym IMO

5. The team aspect of it. The bonding of those you train with, your coaches and team members. It's like a family... it's like a therapy session without actually talking.

6. Learning how to defend myself if I ever needed it in the real world... cuz you never know.

7. It's a test. It tests you physically. It tests your self confidence, your ability to concentrate under pressure, your determination and how hard you are willing to work to get what you want. And it tests the relationships of those at the gym.

8. No other sport compares... not for a long shot.

so i don't have to go home after work...

for me training is fun, i know a lot of guys hate training but personally i love training

second i love fighting whats better? i guess i'm in the right place the.

1. Exercise

2. Stress outlet

3. I'm a fan of professional MMA such as UFC and WEC and it's kind of cool to do things that you see people you admire practice, even if you'll never be as good as them.

4. MMA is a community and it give me new opportunities for friendships and building relationships that could benefit me someday downt the road.

5. Last would be self-defense. I've lived in small towns and suburbs till recently. I haven't felt threatened on the streets in nearly 20 years and that was punk kids, not real criminals. I have too much going on to spend 10 hours a week training for that moment that may well never happen and I wouldn't do it for that reason...but it is a nice side-benefit.

because of all the girls that train mma

It's either get addicted to sex or fighting. both are fine choices, but I chose fighting.

there is no time in ones life that he is more alive, more real, more truely himself, than when he is being tested and pushed to his limits in a combative atmosphere. to train and to fight is to know ones self.

It's either get addicted to sex or fighting. both are fine choices, but I chose fighting.

That depends on availability of "sparring partners", but I have no illusions that women put me in the "hottie" category, so I tend to release my tension through MMA. After all, the worse that can happen is I get a little uglier. :icon_chee

i love to train because when i spar i liike to see the benefits i get and how i drastically i improve.

Also i like to be in shape

Defend my family friends etc.

but my main motivation of why i work so damn hard is because i hate school. I don't want to study for my whole life, thats why i train so hard.

FOr Peace of Mind.

It really is that simple. When you've been doing it as long as I have, there is an enormouse peace of mind to know you're better than most people and don't have to be afraid of anything

To look tough, why else? Seriously, I work a horrendous shift which leaves my free time in the morning/day. Since there's nothing else to do between 9a-2a, I decided to train mainly to keep busy and get in shape

1) I've always been involved with MA's since I was 10
2) Exercise
3) Camraderie
4) I'm paranoid of the crazies

self def why i started and the confidence from being able to def urself is a big plus in how i live other aspects of my life.

its fun a good way to stay in shape;

Cos knowing how to knock people out is (potentially) a more useful life-skill than knowing how to hit a ball...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back