So what problems will Overeem give Cain?

He has 99 problems but JDS ain't one.
But Overeem is, so what do you think?
The only advantage I see Overeem having over Cain is his strength. Overeem's K1 kickboxing doesn't really transition over too well in MMA since he has to worry about the takedown (see the Werdum fight).
Discuss...

I think Overeem will give Cain a few problems he hasn't faced when fighting JDS, and Cain will give Overeem a few problems that he has faced but will be very hard to deal with:

Reem will give Cain these problems, IMO:

* Strength in the clinch
* Guillotine in the clinch
* Knees

Cain will give Reem these problems:

* Fear of the takedown could mess up Reem's striking game
* Cardio

Overeem has slower hands than JDS, but he is definitely better in the clinch than JDS, and probably better on the ground. JDS probably has better TDD and ability to get up, but Overeem hasn't been tested very well in this area in the last 4-5 years, so who knows.

Hopefully Reem beats Bigfoot and sets up a superfight. Hopefully the UFC makes the Cain vs Reem fight in Texas...

Texas??? :icon_twis

Overeem vs Cain will probably go like Overeem's fights against Shogun and Arona.

Although I'm a big Overeem fan, I don't think he will win in a fight against Cain. He could get lucky and get an early KO, but the thing with Overeem is that he gasses in the first round - not even when much action is going on, so there's no way in hell he could pull through like JDS did. Overeem also relies too much on blocking punches with his fists, something that works in K1 where they have big gloves, but not in MMA. I think that Cain could catch Overeem quite easily. However, Overeem would easily be able to keep it standing as long as he has the stamina - his TDD is amongst the best, but then again his stamina is amongst the orst.

I do hope that Cain gets smashed though, but I'm not sure that Overeem will be the one to dethrone Cain once again.

Overeem-kicks-little-girl.gif

I stand corrected. I will now go in my closet and cry myself to sleep, thanks bro thank a lot. :icon_cry2

Overeem vs Cain will probably go like Overeem's fights against Shogun and Arona.

Overeem is much better now and cain is no Prime Shogun with PRIDE rules. Comparing Reem now to the Reem at that point is like comparing the current Chael to the Chael that got beaten by Maia.

his striking is more well rounded.

And for about a round he will be ubber dangerous - then gas.

None really. I am a big Reem fan and think that if Alistair beats Bigfoot that Cain will simply get into the face of Alistair, push the pace, bully Alistair to the ground and finish him in the second or third round.

If Reem can handle the initial onslaught from Cain and keep the fight in the clinch or at distance he'll have a good window to get a finish. But Reem gasses way faster than Cain and once that happens he's toast.

He has 99 problems but JDS ain't one.
But Overeem is, so what do you think?
The only advantage I see Overeem having over Cain is his strength. Overeem's K1 kickboxing doesn't really transition over too well in MMA since he has to worry about the takedown (see the Werdum fight).
Discuss...

Is he on or off PEDs??

Concussion pain and damage sound like a problem

Overeem with knees, guillotine, take down defense, punches with more than enough power to put cain's sub-par jaw in the 4th row paired with the the skill and timing to land them, and a ton of experience. He probably won't be able to utilize his body kicks with the takedown being cain's main focus. All in all it should be a great fight.

Very similar dangers to the fight he just one. One plus is that Overeem's chin will not hold up as well as Junior's. Overeem better look to do work QUICK.

None. Cain will KO him within two rounds. Overeem is too slow and doesn't have the chin JDS does, quite the opposite actually.

Well for one, The Reem actually has some semblance of striking defense. JDS didn't even attempt to block any punches last night.

Also Reem's clinch game is god tier. Cain needs to work hard to keep Reem on the ground and keep doing damage.

Cain is far too intelligent to even let Reem get his chance in the first couple minutes. I think Cain would force a clinch in which he tires Overeem out, then the takedown would come.

Force a clinch?? Huh that would be playing right into Reems hand!

I really do hope overeem beats the living crap out of bigfoot so we can get cain x reem soon enough.

I would think cain would somehow adopt some variation of the same plan he used on JDS, since keeping the distance would not benefit him, he would probably have to gass overeem out but he is way more dangerous on the clinch than JDS imo. Those knees can certainly crack some heads up.

Back