So what problems will Overeem give Cain?

More dynamic striker than jds. That's about it.

overeem is going to destroy cain

overeem has a crazy good guillotine that he can choke cain out with if cain goes for the td

plus overeem is a very very smart fighter now. he wasnt that smart as a fighter in the beginning of his career but now he is. combining this with his physical strength and skills he is a nightmare for anybody in that division.

Last edited:
Bigfoot says no of this will matter !
Then there's the testers ....
And if he gets through that , hopefully Cain isn't injured .

I'm not holding my breath

At Cain's pace, Overeem has at most two rounds to finish the fight. At most. Should be fun to watch either way.

Cain is far too intelligent to even let Reem get his chance in the first couple minutes. I think Cain would force a clinch in which he tires Overeem out, then the takedown would come.

the reem put a guy in a coma in k1 from the clinch, not a good idea. he set up duffees massacre, took brock out of the game, etc. from the clinch.

there is no pace that Cain can push that would have Overeem tired in 10 rounds let alone 5.

images

Well, if Cain decides to dive for takedowns the way he was against Junior, than a huge knee .

Cain will have trouble taking him down if the JDS fight is any indication. But Alistair will get worn out so this one could go either way.

The striking, clinch and knees of Overeem vs The takedown, gnp and cardio of Cain! Should be a great fight! First see how Overeem wil do against Bigfoot.

They all said the same in the Brock Lesnar vs Reem fight: Lesnar would get the takedown and out-wrestle him. None of that happened. Cain on the other hand has great stamina. When it gets to the 3rd round Overeem will have no gas left. The hardest round for Cain would be 1 & 2. But I still think Cain will get Reemed.

Back