So what about Weidman ? Did he defeat old retiring fighters or he is GOAT potential ?

Why is every current champion a GOAT to Sherdog?

Silva went 8 years without a loss in the middle of his career in the UFC.

Weidman has a pretty big mountain to climb.

Silva did steroids so his accomplishments are disqualified from any GOAT talks. Jon Jones is that now, I hate the guy but he's the GOAT for now. Weidman is the MW GOAT . He could have the potential to beat Jones for the GOAT title.

Weidman already climbed the Silva mountain twice and it's not unclear which one of them is superior at this point.

He's had a similar run to Jon Jones where they are fighting a bunch of guys in their mid to late 30s. It's neither Chris or Jon's fault but it's just what it is.

I think like Jones, when he fought Gus who was also young and closer to his level, he had problems, Chris will have similar problems with Rockhold.

People really underestimate age. A 25 year old guy fighting a 35-40 year old guy has a huge advantage.

If he beats Luke, Jacare, and Jones then yes he would be the GOAT.

Well, I don't think he will achieve true GOAT status cause he is almost considered 'old' and 'retiring' himself, seeing as he's had 15 or more surgical procedures done on his knees. I forget the exact number of surgeries, but I remember being shocked at the figure when I heard it.

We won't know the true answer to your question until he fights Rockwell and Jacare. I wouldn't be surprised if he was able to take it, but I will never bet on Chris with the amount of surgeries he's had. His body seems pre-destined to crap out on him somewhere along the line while he's young.

for a moment I felt Lyoto was going to take that. I felt the same when Victor went on that barrage (the very little gas he had in his tank) right before being subbed.

I think Weidman is amazing and will still grow... but I tend to believe that TRT Victor and maybe a younger Lyoto would beat him. But I see Weidman improving even more and being champ for a long time. IMO his biggest threat would be Jacare.

TS, to put it simple: Chris is a bad, bad man. No one talks about the fact that some of these guys fought the same competition. It's just a ruse to hate on Weidman.

The GOAT descussion at MW can wait a couple of years.

Anderson has 10 title defences and f*cking 16 top 10 MMA wins.

Get it?

Relax about the damn GOAT status.

The GOAT descussion at MW can wait a couple of years.

Anderson has 10 title defences and f*cking 16 top 10 MMA wins.

Get it?

Relax about the damn GOAT status.

Like Lance Armstrong has a strong GOAT legacy?

Nah, that shit goes out the window when you roid. He's not in that discussion anymore.

Like Lance Armstrong has a strong GOAT legacy?

Nah, that shit goes out the window when you roid. He's not in that discussion anymore.

Ah cut the crap. He failed one test, AFTER the leg break.

I don't care about that sh*t. Where is your proof that he has been roiding his whole career? Even if he did... His best wins are mostly caught roiders too.

He beat everybody that nobody else in the division seems able to beat...

Ah cut the crap. He failed one test, AFTER the leg break.

I don't care about that sh*t. Where is your proof that he has been roiding his whole career? Even if he did... His best wins are mostly caught roiders too.

He failed two tests for several different roids.

And you might not care about that shit but people usually do. That's why olympians get stripped off their medals and Lance Armstrong is not considered GOAT and the baseball guys records are not in the record books.

People care. You can have your own opinion and give him a free pass.

And the leg break had nothing to do with that. Anderson didn't even use that excuse (because a doctor could have destroyed that excuse).

And Weidman destroyed him twice, left no doubt which one of those two is the greater one.

contrary to what others may think, Anderson Dragon and Vitor were not fading when Chris fought and beat them. Chris just made them look like children, and people dont like it when their hero gets beat.

He failed two tests for several different roids.

And you might not care about that shit but people usually do. That's why olympians get stripped off their medals and Lance Armstrong is not considered GOAT and the baseball guys records are not in the record books.

People care. You can have your own opinion and give him a free pass.

And the leg break had nothing to do with that. Anderson didn't even use that excuse (because a doctor could have destroyed that excuse).

And Weidman destroyed him twice, left no doubt which one of those two is the greater one.

Cccccc. Prove that he used in his previous fights....

Until then, he remains the MW GOAT.

Anderson and Machida were favored to defeat The Chris... Anderson was even the betting favorite to defeat The Chris in the rematch.

In short: Revisionist history

Machida was NOT the betting favorite. Although Weidman didn't handle Machida as easily as Rockhold, Jones and Romero did.

To me Weidman is still only a 3 round fighter, sort of like the BJ Penn of the MW division.

I won't prove it because he wasn't surprise tested before, which the NSAC pointed out and obviously expressed their opinion that his career was suspect because of that. He clearly has no problems lying about using, he won't admit to anything, so he lost all credibility in the eyes of most people.

I could just as well say "prove he didn't use in previous fights" which is equally impossible but it's a stupid point anyway. People will have their different opinions on this.

The answer will be given when he faces someone his own size and age in Rockhold. This could be his first fight against another guy in his prime.

You are blind. Get Silva's balls off your eye sockets.
Anderson is a cheater. His tests back my theory to be correct.

psychodad is a Silva hater troll, don't feed it.

He is in every Weidman/Silva discussion with the same bla bla bla, just like a broken record.

I won't prove it because he wasn't surprise tested before, which the NSAC pointed out and obviously expressed their opinion that his career was suspect because of that. He clearly has no problems lying about using, he won't admit to anything, so he lost all credibility in the eyes of most people.

I could just as well say "prove he didn't use in previous fights" which is equally impossible but it's a stupid point anyway. People will have their different opinions on this.

Why did he fail the non surprise test for the first time then?

It's not so cut and dried.

Back