So what about Weidman ? Did he defeat old retiring fighters or he is GOAT potential ?

here we go again with the same revisionist nonsense that people also tried to apply to jon jones. All these defeated fighters were at the apex of their careers when they fought weidman/jones.

lol ok there.

Silva did steroids so his accomplishments are disqualified from any GOAT talks. Jon Jones is that now, I hate the guy but he's the GOAT for now. Weidman is the MW GOAT . He could have the potential to beat Jones for the GOAT title.

Weidman already climbed the Silva mountain twice and it's not unclear which one of them is superior at this point.

Fedor is GOAT, you're wrong.

Well they were all in their late 30s when he fought them. Silva didn't look very fast at all getting tagged in his fight with Bonnar before Weidman.

Does anyone here actually believe you're in your prime when you're 38 years old?

And yet, people were calling Silva out for slowing down after the Stephen fight.

psychodad is a Silva hater troll, don't feed it.

He is in every Weidman/Silva discussion with the same bla bla bla, just like a broken record.

psychodad atleast has a point. hes not like darkhawks or that comeback guy who will say this guy is goat without any reason and ignore facts. He talks about silva not being goat because hes a cheater which many people agree with don't be mad cause you don't agree. Silva shouldn't get special treatment if fedor gsp or jones got randomly tested and failed everyone would be wondering if they used there entire career to. lol especially in silvas case where he used it against a barely top 5 WW and even stated a year before getting caught that anyone caught on steroids has probably used for along time and shouldn't fight anymore

psychodad is a Silva hater troll, don't feed it.

He is in every Weidman/Silva discussion with the same bla bla bla, just like a broken record.

I'm not a Silva hater at all. This is a Weidman thread and yes I do like to participate in discussions about him. It just sucks that some of the Silva fans are such irrational Weidman haters and basically ruin every Weidman discussion with their stupid ramblings. When they have absolutely no real reason to be bitter at Weidman in the first place, they went in the octagon to do their jobs and Chris did his much better. Blame him for that if you want, he broke your hearts and you are irrational because of it. Use your logic instead of your emotions.

Silva is a great fighter but he clearly doesn't think that honesty is a virtue and because of that I can't take anything about his career seriously. Even obvious cheaters like Chael would own up to their use, Anderson is one of the very few who seem to think that denial is the best policy and that speaks volumes about his honesty and personality.

TS, sorry your thread has been hijacked by all the AS steroid talk. It's just rude and unacceptable. OK, now my thoughts on the AS steroid talk: AS cheated. He got caught. All his fans can say he never did it before and all that, but what about all of y'all who totally disregard Wandy after he ran out? Most of you guys say that he is a cheater and "I can't stand him" and blah blah blah, but AS failed 2 different tests and he gets a pass?

Anderson and Machida were favored to defeat The Chris... Anderson was even the betting favorite to defeat The Chris in the rematch.

In short: Revisionist history

machida was not the favorite.

i think weidman beat fighters coming out of their primes.

he can still be the goat... he just has to dominate his next 10 opponents... but i dont see it happening.

he didnt exactly dominate machida in their fight. I dont see him dominating in the rockhold fight either.

Fedor is GOAT, you're wrong.

Well yeah Fedor has a good case too, he had a great career and he was clean.

I personally think JJ has faced tougher competition but I can easily see why someone would say Fedor. GSP has a case too. It's funny because I don't like Jones at all, I never enjoyed GSP's fights that much (he was very boring to me) and yet I'm including these guys in the GOAT talks.

And I enjoyed some of Andersons fights, the things he could do, and I can't consider him for it because if his tainted legacy and apparent lack of honesty.

Maybe the big Silva fans should take note, you can still acknowledge the greatness of someone even if you emotionally do not invest in the fighter.

Might be one of those things that come with growing up.

i think weidman beat fighters coming out of their primes.

he can still be the goat... he just has to dominate his next 10 opponents... but i dont see it happening.

he didnt exactly dominate machida in their fight. I dont see him dominating in the rockhold fight either.

Yeah he did. He took first 3 rounds easy, coasted for the 4th (lost that round) and didn't like how that one went so he took the 5th too.

MW is such a shit division. You got old retiring fighters at the top

Yeah he did. He took first 3 rounds easy, coasted for the 4th (lost that round) and didn't like how that one went so he took the 5th too.

just because he won the fight doesnt mean he dominated. machida had good moments in the fight as well.

if he finishes rockhold, ill admit weidman is a great champ. right now i just think hes a typical tough wrestler-boxer who's no where near goat potential.

Anderson and Machida were favored to defeat The Chris... Anderson was even the betting favorite to defeat The Chris in the rematch.

In short: Revisionist history
I hate when idiots just make shit up and state it as fact. Practically every line had Weidman as the favorite over Machida.

Either Weidman sucks at math, or your story is full of shit.

I think he's GOAT potential. Specially seeing the rest of the division.

Should he beat Rockhold, Jacar

Either Weidman sucks at math, or your story is full of shit.

Weidman might suck at math but I don't know how that would have anything to do with what I said.

He was clearly up 3 rounds to none when it went into the championship rounds, and won the fight by 4 rounds to 1.

Nobody is saying he can't be hit, it's aoout how he handles getting hit. Just like in the Vitor fight, it doesn't matter that he got hit a few times...he blocked the worst of it and waited for his moment because he is smart and knew Vitor would blow his steam in that flurry. He came out of that exchange fresher, and when he took his shots, he finished Vitor.

He sure did. Getting hit a bunch of times by one of the slowest fighters in the UFC. The Silva that fought Belfort/Franklin wouldn't have got hit once.

20121014-634857941908049562w.jpg

Are you an idiot or just don't know how to troll properly?

TS, sorry your thread has been hijacked by all the AS steroid talk. It's just rude and unacceptable. OK, now my thoughts on the AS steroid talk: AS cheated. He got caught. All his fans can say he never did it before and all that, but what about all of y'all who totally disregard Wandy after he ran out? Most of you guys say that he is a cheater and "I can't stand him" and blah blah blah, but AS failed 2 different tests and he gets a pass?

Good that you said most of you:)

I support both Anderson and Wandy. These things don't diminish them as fighters at all in my eyes. I never liked their personalities anyway:)

Back