So this thing occurred, LOL

OverCoronavirus Pressure

Mayberry = War Room, WR = OT. Shit.
Banned
Reaction score
I live very close to the hospital where I work, so I walk the ten blocks.

The other day, I was using a crosswalk, and a driver cut into the walk, waiting to turn, putting her car bumper a foot from my knees.

I say "her" , even though I couldn't see through the windshield. I flipped the driver off, hard. No further issue, walked around the car and went on my way.

Today my boss calls me aside to talk to me about having flipped off a driver. Turns out that driver was some muckety muck needle mover high up in the echelons of the hospital.
I laughed, and promised my union would hear about it if I heard anything more about it.

Ffs.

clear example of someone making it personal at the workplace. totally unprofessional.

how did the driver know who you were.

You think they have less sway than your union?

unemployment-line-unemployment-line.jpg

This could have been you TS.

t3bgyi4ctohsyugbfqgo.gif

What do you do at the hospital? Is your function easily replaceable or not?

Were you identifiable as a hospital worker when you flipped off the driver? Some would then claim you are representing the place you work when in identifiable uniform. Not agreeing that it is right, but there have been cases where companies fired employees who acted a fool to the level of making the local (or national) news while off the clock but wore company logo or something.

Regardless, I'd have told the boss to relay a message back to said person in regards to learning how to drive properly.

I live very close to the hospital where I work, so I walk the ten blocks.

The other day, I was using a crosswalk, and a driver cut into the walk, waiting to turn, putting her car bumper a foot from my knees.

I say "her" , even though I couldn't see through the windshield. I flipped the driver off, hard. No further issue, walked around the car and went on my way.

Today my boss calls me aside to talk to me about having flipped off a driver. Turns out that driver was some muckety muck needle mover high up in the echelons of the hospital.
I laughed, and promised my union would hear about it if I heard anything more about it.

Ffs.

Oh lord this is like an episode of Dave chapelle's "when keeping it real goes wrong..."

It's illegal to stop a vehicle at any time in a pedestrian cross walk. You should sue your boss for workplace retaliation and sue the dumb bitch driver for the trauma of your near death collision.

I don't get why people do not understand that the way that they act outside of work will affect how their employer treats them. Yes, you probably have a case or argument if they fired you or disciplined you because of it, but they can easily find other ways to punish you.

What do you do at the hospital? Is your function easily replaceable or not?
Patient care and x-ray tech.
Answer is, sort of, if they wanted to screw the whole roster by firing me, they could do it.
But this would get shot down so fast in any action setting.

It's illegal to stop a vehicle at any time in a pedestrian cross walk. You should sue your boss for workplace retaliation and sue the dumb bitch driver for the trauma of your near death collision.
My boss was neutral and agreed that it was stupid for this woman to bring it to her. I asked to have a discussion with the woman.
Probably not going to happen.

PM me if you need anyone 'taken care of'

Please tell you're not a doctor, nurse or anyone who performs procedures on patients in any way. If so, I need to cross that hospital off of my list.

Just kidding man. I'd trust ya. I'm just surprised you have a job to be honest. Not that I have any room to talk. I'm totally blowing off my work day as we speak.

I don't get why people do not understand that the way that they act outside of work will affect how their employer treats them. Yes, you probably have a case or argument if they fired you or disciplined you because of it, but they can easily find other ways to punish you.
It ain't McDonald's. We have a huge, bloated hierarchy with enormous rule books and procedures for every little thing.

Back