So this thing occurred, LOL

It's been awful lately but no no no, tease as you like. I enjoy the rustles I get here.
My job constantly reminds me how my condition is pretty easy to bear, comparatively.

I do volunteer work for mentally challenged people when I have free time. I know the stigma attached to them. Wish people don't look down at them.

I do volunteer work for mentally challenged people when I have free time. I know the stigma attached to them. Wish people don't look down at them.
Makes it sound like epilepsy is a mental challenge.
In a way, it is, I suppose. My brain decides to short itself out occasionally.

Makes it sound like epilepsy is a mental challenge.
In a way, it is, I suppose. My brain decides to short itself out occasionally.

I didn't mean you.

cat-sad.jpg

Not even close to the same level.

While not necessarily exactly the same "level" as the soccer gif, the gifs he posted were done in hopes of receiving an advantageous foul/point, etc., and the resulting actions are just as repugnant and unnecessary.

The reason you typically see more violence and petty behavior from Soccer is that it has it's roots in poverty stricken 3rd world countries, hence it's players are going to represent that culture.

That being said, it's not really any different than the dumb shit you see in every other major sport. That's a fact.

Stopping a few inches away from someone is a bad idea and is actually dangerous. Flipping someone off in that scenario is pretty reasonable. As he said she was willing to possibly endanger his safety to shave a second off his commute.

You're basically advocating letting anyone treat you however they want if it's in close proximity to your workplace.

Another big leap by you. Flipping someone off doesn't accomplish anything at all and looks trashy. I'm saying don't do things like that close to work where your coworkers, boss, and patients/clients/customers/etc. see you.

Another big leap by you. Flipping someone off doesn't accomplish anything at all and looks trashy. I'm saying don't do things like that close to work where your coworkers, boss, and patients/clients/customers/etc. see you.

Generally just shouldn't do that shit in general.

I think I've only ever flipped off one person, when I was driving one time because they we're being an idiot and almost smashes into me. It was fun but not necessarily a course of action I approve of.

I don't feel like these are big logical leaps. I get that flipping someone off doesn't accomplish anything.

It's an emotional response, but a perfectly valid response to someone endangering your safety just to be a selfish bitch and shave half a second off of their commute.

That sort of utter disregard for other people is the most frustrating thing about dealing with other people in public. If it happens enough many people are going to have a reaction to it eventually.

I don't think it would be reasonable for him to assume the driver would be someone he works with simply because he was close to work, and even so fuck her anyway she was still clearly in the wrong.

I don't feel like these are big logical leaps. I get that flipping someone off doesn't accomplish anything.

It's an emotional response, but a perfectly valid response to someone endangering your safety just to be a selfish bitch and shave half a second off of their commute.

That sort of utter disregard for other people is the most frustrating thing about dealing with other people in public. If it happens enough many people are going to have a reaction to it eventually.

I don't think it would be reasonable for him to assume the driver would be someone he works with simply because he was close to work, and even so fuck her anyway she was still clearly in the wrong.

You admit it accomplishes nothing. He's near work. Someone's risk vs. reward meter is off.

I work dead downtown across from the courthouse. I have to go to the courthouse every day crossing the main intersection. Shit like this happens all of the time, specifically with people turning left who are most likely watching the straight traffic intently to see their opportunity. I, along with others that it has happened to that I've witnessed, do not flip out like someone at Walmart would. I may give them a wtf look, and they normally put their hand up to say sorry. I've had people just zip by without yielding right of way and most of us just shake our head and laugh at their stupidity. Chasing them down, flipping them off, screaming something, etc. accomplishes nothing. If I saw one of my employees flip off someone, I'd honestly think they have pretty poor impulse control and start questioning their judgment.

You admit it accomplishes nothing. He's near work. Someone's risk vs. reward meter is off.

I work dead downtown across from the courthouse. I have to go to the courthouse every day crossing the main intersection. Shit like this happens all of the time, specifically with people turning left who are most likely watching the straight traffic intently to see their opportunity. I, along with others that it has happened to that I've witnessed, do not flip out like someone at Walmart would. I may give them a wtf look, and they normally put their hand up to say sorry. I've had people just zip by without yielding right of way and most of us just shake our head and laugh at their stupidity. Chasing them down, flipping them off, screaming something, etc. accomplishes nothing. If I saw one of my employees flip off someone, I'd honestly think they have pretty poor impulse control and start questioning their judgment.

Eh chasing someone down screaming is a bit different than just flipping someone off. I don't have an issue with signalling to someone that there behavior is rude or even dangerous.

You're right I don't have the same sense of risk and reward that you do. I look at your pov as stifling myself out of fear of potential consequences. That's just not the kind of person I am, for better or worse.

I think this relatively new idea that people are essentially at work any time they are in public is bs. If it didn't happen on the clock I wouldn't care what my employees did within reason. People put on a false persona for professional situations. I don't feel it's reasonable to expect them to keep that persona at all times.

Eh chasing someone down screaming is a bit different than just flipping someone off. I don't have an issue with signalling to someone that there behavior is rude or even dangerous.

You're right I don't have the same sense of risk and reward that you do. I look at your pov as stifling myself out of fear of potential consequences. That's just not the kind of person I am, for better or worse.

I think this relatively new idea that people are essentially at work any time they are in public is bs. If it didn't happen on the clock I wouldn't care what my employees did within reason. People put on a false persona for professional situations. I don't feel it's reasonable to expect them to keep that persona at all times.

Agree to disagree. Also, I'm just not going to react like that even if I was unemployed or away from work. It accomplishes nothing. Pick your battles, and if that's the most important problem you run into throughout the day, good for you.

Wasn't this the original title to M Night Shyamalan's THE HAPPENING?

Sometimes I wish I could walk to work.

Instead, I have to drive across town.

First world problems, I suppose.

Back