So, one year into the FOX deal...

Spike wasn't paying them anywhere close to 35 million. Dana White laughed when someone said suggested that.

Not that I should be arguing with someone suggesting the Spike deal was better. Yes being on a lesser channel for far less money makes more sense because stupid people love Spike.

And Dana White is reliable? Oh, so I'm talking to someone who believes everything Dana White says, as long as it's in line with your own personal feelings, right?

Ok, now get this through your fragile little toddler mind, the average FX audience for UFC is half what it was for Spike, and Fuel gets about 15% that Spike got. Yes, those 4 shows on Fox got more than that stupid Spike channel, yep, you're the night's big winner with that observation.

yeah it's not like the last Fox card did almost twice as many viewers or anything right?

Some of the peoples logic on this site is hilarious. I would of loved to hear your views about the NBA after Jordan left. I can just imagine, omg the NBA is done, they will never regain the viewers, no one compares to Jordan, Magic and Bird and yadda, yadda, yadda.

Some will come back and many others will not.

And that actually happened with the NBA as well. There are so many basketball fans who stopped keeping up with the NBA after Jordan, Magic, and Bird. The thing the NBA has going for it though is that it is one of America's greatest sporting traditions with a 100 year history. Because of that it has been able to spawn a new generation of fans.

The UFC doesn't have that tradition or that history. They've lost some potential fans that they are never getting back. Their hardcore base has eroded some since the fox deal as well. The changes in format, the sound, the feel, plus the confusion of having so many channels, plus some of the fights being snoozers, plus cards filled with names they've never heard of have all contributed. The UFC can turn it around and hopefully it will but Fox deal obviously hasn't been the answer.

Some will come back and many others will not.

And that actually happened with the NBA as well. There are so many basketball fans who stopped keeping up with the NBA after Jordan, Magic, and Bird. The thing the NBA has going for it though is that it is one of America's greatest sporting traditions with a 100 year history. Because of that it has been able to spawn a new generation of fans.

The UFC doesn't have that tradition or that history. They've lost some potential fans that they are never getting back. Their hardcore base has eroded some since the fox deal as well. The changes in format, the sound, the feel, plus the confusion of having so many channels, plus some of the fights being snoozers, plus cards filled with names they've never heard of have all contributed. The UFC can turn it around and hopefully it will but Fox deal obviously hasn't been the answer.

You literally focus on every single negative and just sweep all the positives under the rug. Also anyone who gets confused because they are on 3 entire channels shouldn't be allowed to breed. I have never seen anyone besides the people who constantly spin everything as a negative complain about that. Seriously the Fox deal has given them a bigger platform, far more revenue, a bigger profile, the ability to put on the best free cards we've ever seen and the ability to air more fights than ever yet all you can talk about is injuries, fights being snoozer(which is rarely a problem) or the fact that older fighters are declining and no longer a huge focus.

Also lol at the NBA having a 100 year tradition. The NBA didn't even start until 1946 and never really gained any traction until the Magic/Bird/Jordan/Isiah years.

all i know is they are putting better and better cards on free tv.

can't ask for anymore than that.

i just think the mainstream will never embrace mma.

I know people that have seen more MMA because of FOX, but I doubt to many Sherdoggers are going to fall into that category. Once you start posting in online forums, you're probably a bit more than a "I caught it on net work television" fan, so I don't think a poll here will mean anything.

Also lol at the NBA having a 100 year tradition. The NBA didn't even start until 1946 and never really gained any traction until the Magic/Bird/Jordan/Isiah years.

Basketball has a 100 yr tradition you numbskull

I know people that have seen more MMA because of FOX, but I doubt to many Sherdoggers are going to fall into that category. Once you start posting in online forums, you're probably a bit more than a "I caught it on net work television" fan, so I don't think a poll here will mean anything.

So true. You've already fallen to the dark side once you go to forums. All that I know is FOX is an absolutely massive opportunity compared to SPIKE. $100mil a year doesn't hurt either.

This Fox/FX deal will bring zero new fans. TUF/UFC fad came and went years ago...Facts are facts. Atleast in the states anyways.

Doing a show in another country is not that big of a deal either tbh. They did it in the old days and sold plenty ppvs and tickets...You can take about any type of event or show to most any country and it will sell out...

Basketball has a 100 yr tradition you numbskull

you said the NBA numbskull.

And Dana White is reliable? Oh, so I'm talking to someone who believes everything Dana White says, as long as it's in line with your own personal feelings, right?

Ok, now get this through your fragile little toddler mind, the average FX audience for UFC is half what it was for Spike, and Fuel gets about 15% that Spike got. Yes, those 4 shows on Fox got more than that stupid Spike channel, yep, you're the night's big winner with that observation.

Why would Dana lie about how much money Spike was going to pay them? If anything he would say they would pay him more so he could get a better deal.

Also of course FX cards are getting worse numbers. Fox and the Ufc have actually put the better cards on Fuel and they don't put numbered cards on FX like they did on Spike.

Either way none of that matters as like you said Fox does way better ratings. Since they only put 6 cards a year on Spike all of those extra free cards wouldn't even have been on free tv.

So basically

Fox cards>Spike cards
FX cards>Ufc live on Versus cards
Fuel cards>cards that didn't exist before

The difference will become even more noticeable when all the Fuel cards and prelim cards are moved to Fox sports.

It's almost comical that people are even arguing that having less free cards, lesser free cards, making far less money and on a lesser channel is better just because people didn't have to change the channel.

This Fox/FX deal will bring zero new fans. TUF/UFC fad came and went years ago...Facts are facts. Atleast in the states anyways.

Doing a show in another country is not that big of a deal either tbh. They did it in the old days and sold plenty ppvs and tickets...You can take about any type of event or show to most any country and it will sell out...

thanks for breaking this down so eloquently. I don't know why but for some reason I don't believe someone who says the Fox deal will literally bring in 0 new fans.

I will never understand why people who have been posting about how much the Ufc sucks for 3 or 4 years still come hear to tell us all how much they now dislike the Ufc.

Total buys are down but the average per card is up with only 1 GSP fight. That is a good year.

i think the avg in 2012 is the same as it was in 2007.

i would have thought some of the new fans would have stuck around.

i think the avg in 2012 is the same as it was in 2007.

i would have thought some of the new fans would have stuck around.

ppv buys are up almost 40,000 per card from 2007 and the Ufc now makes 100 million a year instead of 20 million(Dana says), 33 million(unbreakabull says).

If the Ufc gets 25 dollars per buy(assuming the ppv companies get half like is widely believed) 80 million dollars would equal 3.2 million buys.

People need to stop underestimating how big a deal increasing your tv revenue 67 to 80 million dollars a year is. Especially when that doesn't even factor in the huge increase in international money the Ufc has likely received from the explosion of popularity in brazil.

i would say there is quite a few, however i think all events except the las were below their expectations. i would say quite a bit of new fans are watching the fights but that doesnt mean they have discovered sherdog...

The FOX deal has been a bust so far. It would better be called a FUEL/FX deal as there is nowhere near enough promotion on FOX itself. Honestly, the UFC would be in as good a position or even better had they stayed with Spike.

You won't be saying that in another year or two.

Back