So, one year into the FOX deal...

Maybe they are here but don't post?

The other tread that shows traffic to this forum significantly decreasing over that period would suggest otherwise. We all remember the flood of TUF noobs and how drastically they altered the landscape here and UG.

The problem is UFC isn't creating stars.

It was easy for them to put their hype machine behind guys like Chuck, Randy, Hughes, etc, when they only had one event every couple months.

Now there's a new guy they have to hype every couple weeks. It's hard for fans to take the hype seriously when there's seemingly a new top guy every other week.

uhm Jon Jones, Gsp, Rashad Evans and Cain Velasquez disagree.

This basically sums up how I've felt all year. The UFC had a cozy deal and it wasn't broken and it was going anywhere. Problem was their PPV's were down while on Spike and this is really what had them reaching out to Fox in the first place and it was the solid Spike ratings that got them the deal, not their declining PPV numbers.

The way the UFC is set up now it has so much exposure at every turn that their PPV's are starting to rebound just a bit, even from this hectic nightmare first year failure, with all things considered, that they had on Fox.

IF they can pull their heads completely out of their asses and start to figure out some sort of consistent way to have dynamic fighters reappear on free TV to build up some new fans, then they could start to climb back to that first Fox card's rating at some point this or next year.

have you even watched the Fox fights? The last 3 Fox cars were stellar.

Also they didn't leave Spike because they thought Fox would bring them more ppv buys. They left Spike because Fox is paying them 100 million dollars a year and Spike was paying them less than 15 million.

Sorry but there is no reason to stay on a lesser channel that pays you 1/6th of what the previous garbage channel you were on(and anyone who doesn't think Spike is garbage has the IQ of a turd).

Ill be honest I started training before i started watching UFC

Always have been an anderson fan. Heard rampages name a few times.

Brock was the reason I started watching every UFC.

Followed MMA roughly since TUF

:eek:

Honestly even if it didn't bring in new fans, its nice to see some stacked cards for free. I'm very happy about that. Over the years I've soaked about $2000 into PPV buys, glad to get something for free.

Honestly even if it didn't bring in new fans, its nice to see some stacked cards for free. I'm very happy about that. Over the years I've soaked about $2000 into PPV buys, glad to get something for free.

amen, the Ufc has given us some amazing free fights and cards in the last year. Can't believe people are arguing that the Spike deal was better.

Getting paid 100 million>15 million
free title fights and big names(Shogun, Rashad, Machida)>Ufc England cards headlined by Bisping
Fox>Spike

The UFC got a bit of a bad break when it comes to the FOX cards; they were a little disappointing. That said, I believe the UFC still ended up with more fans than what they began the day(s) with. The performances were slighty-below-average, for the most part, and didn't serve as a very good promotion for the sport. This just goes to show the unpredictable nature of MMA. JDS/Cain - 1:04...nuff said. Shogun/Gustafson - great matchup, terrible fight. Bendo/Diaz - not competitive at all.

They need to keep it up with these free cards. We're headed in the right direction. Not all of the fights were bad, Machida/Bader was a great promo, IMO.

The UFC got a bit of a bad break when it comes to the FOX cards; they were a little disappointing. That said, I believe the UFC still ended up with more fans than what they began the day(s) with. The performances were slighty-below-average, for the most part, and didn't serve as a very good promotion for the sport. This just goes to show the unpredictable nature of MMA. JDS/Cain - 1:04...nuff said. Shogun/Gustafson - great matchup, terrible fight. Bendo/Diaz - not competitive at all.

They need to keep it up with these free cards. We're headed in the right direction. Not all of the fights were bad, Machida/Bader was a great promo, IMO.

I agree, the first two FOX cards were pretty bad. really bad. and they were the most watched ones, but I dont think cards like that LOSE fans they just dont gain, so slow fights and cards like that just slow the progress

but getting these big free fights on FOX is so awesome. those 4 cards a year make the deal worth it in my mind.

uhm Jon Jones, Gsp, Rashad Evans and Cain Velasquez disagree.

Aside from GSP, nobody knows who they are.

When I would ask if people wanted to come over to watch the fights, they'd say, "who's fighting? Chuck? Couture?"

Now nobody ever wonders if Jon Jones, Rashad or Cain is fighting. They go, "who?"

Aside from GSP, nobody knows who they are.

When I would ask if people wanted to come over to watch the fights, they'd say, "who's fighting? Chuck? Couture?"

Now nobody ever wonders if Jon Jones, Rashad or Cain is fighting. They go, "who?"

So your friends represent the entire populace of America? Thanks for clarifying that.

Jones, Rashad, Cain, JDS and Anderson ppv numbers tell a completely different story.

Clearly your 3 friends is a greater sample size than the 8.8 million Americans and 15 million Brazilians who tuned in for JDS/Cain one.

Shit even Bendo/Diaz drew 5.7 million viewers.

So please stop telling us no one knows who they are just because your friends prefer one dimensional old school fighters.

Btw Randy was far from a huge ppv star. In fact Jones, Rashad, Cain and JDS have drawn just as well if not better as ppv main events.

Not that any of this matters to you. You rarely ever argue facts or statistics.

man I'm just glad this fox deal exists, it's given us great, free cards; I don't even care about it bringing in new fans

+ the Fox cards come on 2 hours early here so saves us staying awake till 6

One upside to the FOX deal is it gives us a new vantage point from which to play armchair business executive here on Sherdog.

Don't know about Fox, but the Globo deal in Brazil was awesome for them. Everybody knows what UFC is, everybody comment the fights on facebook, and a year ago, you had nothing, people only knew Vitor Belfort.

I dont think its made a difference. It got peoples attention at first but injuries, god awful fights, and 64 second knockouts killed the experience for them.

And I don't think theyre coming back.

I dont think its made a difference. It got peoples attention at first but injuries, god awful fights, and 64 second knockouts killed the experience for them.

And I don't think theyre coming back.

yeah it's not like the last Fox card did almost twice as many viewers or anything right?

Some of the peoples logic on this site is hilarious. I would of loved to hear your views about the NBA after Jordan left. I can just imagine, omg the NBA is done, they will never regain the viewers, no one compares to Jordan, Magic and Bird and yadda, yadda, yadda.

have you even watched the Fox fights? The last 3 Fox cars were stellar.

Also they didn't leave Spike because they thought Fox would bring them more ppv buys. They left Spike because Fox is paying them 100 million dollars a year and Spike was paying them less than 15 million.

Sorry but there is no reason to stay on a lesser channel that pays you 1/6th of what the previous garbage channel you were on(and anyone who doesn't think Spike is garbage has the IQ of a turd).

Let me say this, you're all kinds of wrong about everything you said, except the last few Fox fights have been stellar. Where do I even start with this mess you posted? Spike was paying them 35 million for 1/3 the # of free fights that Fox is paying them 3 times for, does that makes sense? No, it is more work for the same cash, it is exposure for PPV's they want in the short term on this 7 year deal.

Anything else I can correct on you? Are you lost spiritually as well?

Let me say this, you're all kinds of wrong about everything you said, except the last few Fox fights have been stellar. Where do I even start with this mess you posted? Spike was paying them 35 million for 1/3 the # of free fights that Fox is paying them 3 times for, does that makes sense? No, it is more work for the same cash, it is exposure for PPV's they want in the short term on this 7 year deal.

Spike wasn't paying them anywhere close to 35 million. Dana White laughed when someone said suggested that.

Not that I should be arguing with someone suggesting the Spike deal was better. Yes being on a lesser channel for far less money makes more sense because stupid people love Spike.

One of these channels brings many more viewers, which one would you go with? FOX is available in more than 95% of U.S. households.

Back