So, one year into the FOX deal...

ppv buys are up almost 40,000 per card from 2007 and the Ufc now makes 100 million a year instead of 20 million(Dana says), 33 million(unbreakabull says).

If the Ufc gets 25 dollars per buy(assuming the ppv companies get half like is widely believed) 80 million dollars would equal 3.2 million buys.

People need to stop underestimating how big a deal increasing your tv revenue 67 to 80 million dollars a year is. Especially when that doesn't even factor in the huge increase in international money the Ufc has likely received from the explosion of popularity in brazil.

Both the UFC and WWE have better then 50/50 deals with PPV.

Rumors are its in the high 50's

This Fox/FX deal will bring zero new fans. TUF/UFC fad came and went years ago...Facts are facts. Atleast in the states anyways.

Doing a show in another country is not that big of a deal either tbh. They did it in the old days and sold plenty ppvs and tickets...You can take about any type of event or show to most any country and it will sell out...

This is just dumb.

Making just about any product more accessible to masses will be a positive.

When the FOX deal got announced I was kinda bummed. I expected so many people to come and claim they were fans of the sport, not knowing anything. Never happened and I am extremely happy with that.

The FOX deal is going great so far, it should only improve from here.

This is just dumb.

Making just about any product more accessible to masses will be a positive.

No it's actually sad. If you have a TV, you have FOX. I have no idea how anyone doesn't understand FOX>SPIKE. Not to mention having NFL,MLB,NHL and NASCAR.

I know a couple guys that have become very interested in the Heavyweight division since the first Fox fight. Slow, but its a start.

No it's actually sad. If you have a TV, you have FOX. I have no idea how anyone doesn't understand FOX>SPIKE. Not to mention having NFL,MLB,NHL and NASCAR.

there is persons on the planet that dont be smart

arguing with a fool only proves that there are two :)

I know a couple guys that have become very interested in the Heavyweight division since the first Fox fight. Slow, but its a start.

i always watch the FOX fights with my roomie and he has loved the last couple.

Both the UFC and WWE have better then 50/50 deals with PPV.

Rumors are its in the high 50's

still the 65-80 million dollar difference in their cable deal makes up for the drop in ppv buys.

I wonder what they get from their Brazilian tv deal? The Ufc does even better numbers in Brazil and is far more popular. They have to be making quite a bit.

True, but I try to be optimistic every now and then.

i just mean. that most people should know by now why the fox deal is awesome.

if they dont, they are not worth a reasonable persons time

MMA has grown more than it ever has. But MMA will NEVER become mainstream like the other sports. I dont know why, either the nation has become pussified or it caters to a number of individuals. Personally i could care less. I have seen this sport take off in a short amount of time and if this is the peak, i am happy. These fighters would habe been treated like royalty in Roman and ancient Greek times.

Some of you can sit here arguing about whats going wrong but i think its time to be content where the sport is today. Enjoy it, let society have their tennis and golf. Let society have their Justin Beiber, i will have Metallica. All i know is that all real red blooded American men should be watching this sport. Maybe im getting old or society is changing fast

Maybe they are here but don't post?

I would imagine any that came saw the Sherdoggery on here that many members have waded through and decided to go elsewhere.

Or, many may never have known about Sherdog. It's not mentioned on broadcasts or anything.. plus I've seen ESPN blow up on their articles similar to the other big sports.

MMA has grown more than it ever has. But MMA will NEVER become mainstream like the other sports. I dont know why, either the nation has become pussified or it caters to a number of individuals. Personally i could care less. I have seen this sport take off in a short amount of time and if this is the peak, i am happy. These fighters would habe been treated like royalty in Roman and ancient Greek times.

Some of you can sit here arguing about whats going wrong but i think its time to be content where the sport is today. Enjoy it, let society have their tennis and golf. Let society have their Justin Beiber, i will have Metallica. All i know is that all real red blooded American men should be watching this sport. Maybe im getting old or society is changing fast

man. yes amen.

I have mentioned this on here before

why are we so concerned if the USA embraces MMA, their culture is FUCKED. the biggest celebrities are tanned alcoholics. its pathetic

MMA/UFC can make tons of money all over the rest of the world.

I think it has helped with attracting new fans, but the fact that Vealsquez-JDS 1 only lasted a minute and a half didn't really help though.

Can you imagine if the first fight was as good as the rematch was? that would have REALLY helped build a new fanbase

Back